Air S2 "sizzling pixels" artefacts and banding
631 7 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Hi all
I just started editing some footage I did in early summer, mainly of fleids and crops and fine textures  of that sort.
I was really shocked at how much artefacts the S2 produces on fine textures like the wheat , tree leaves etc. It's practically unusable! It's too bad one cannot upload footage here.
It looks like all the pixels are oversharpened and sizzle , or move around like weird digital grain., and the codec can't deal with such fine texture information. All is in 4k at max resolution, and it's visible both in the D cine log with a LUT and the normal setting. It reminds me of the same issue I had on my pocket 2 before switching back to battery instead of HQ mode.
On top of that, the banding in some of the sky and clouds is unacceptable.
Is there any solution around?
Thanks!

2022-8-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Upload to YouTube then post the link.
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check on our end? You may try to install the DJI Assistant 2 and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and check if that helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-16
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 00:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please send us a short video showing the issue for us to check on our end? You may try to install the DJI Assistant 2 and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and check if that helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.
Where exactly do I send the video to?
2022-8-16
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-15 10:34
Upload to YouTube then post the link.

Oversharpened pixels:
https://youtu.be/v3ilmwGtLJc

Banding:
https://youtu.be/exuNgTMsuwE
2022-8-16
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

So, did you see the video?  The firmware was already updated.
2022-8-20
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

tohuwa Posted at 2022-8-20 23:51
So, did you see the video?  The firmware was already updated.

I still haven't gotten any response on this. Many of the clips have such banding and artifacts that they are unusable and unsellable. I find this unacceptable.
Please, tech support,  have a look at the clips.
is there any technical solution to this?
2023-3-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

tohuwa Posted at 3-29 04:50
I still haven't gotten any response on this. Many of the clips have such banding and artifacts that they are unusable and unsellable. I find this unacceptable.
Please, tech support,  have a look at the clips.
is there any technical solution to this?

I am viewing this on a PC with VLCPlayer and I don't see the issues you are talking about.
2023-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules