4K Aerial Bergen A symphony of Time - Chasing Daylight
744 18 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hopefully this is the right place to post videos for the Mini 2. This shows something you can't do yet with the Mini 3.

I've used Litchi to take 3 identical missions at 3 different times of day and spliced them together so it moves between morning, evening and night in time with the orchestral soundtrack.

Could I please have comments on it and a like or subscribe in YouTube would be great - I'm just starting out with aerial videos and need some encouragement to reach up to the top of the mountain required to be able to try to monetize them.

https://youtu.be/4NZgdpaO04A
2022-8-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi is a useful tool for just that effect you have achieved. In addition to its other advantages. I've used it for several years.  Great views of the city and its surroundings.
2022-8-15
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-15 12:14
Litchi is a useful tool for just that effect you have achieved. In addition to its other advantages. I've used it for several years.  Great views of the city and its surroundings.

Thanks for your comment. I've done (another) final edit of the video and now of course find that I can't update it on YouTube, it will have to be a new video. I can see of course why they do that. When I looked through it again I found a little timing issue and a couple of shots that weren't really good enough and replaced them with better ones. Oh well.
2022-8-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tim@time10.com Posted at 8-15 13:09
Thanks for your comment. I've done (another) final edit of the video and now of course find that I can't update it on YouTube, it will have to be a new video. I can see of course why they do that. When I looked through it again I found a little timing issue and a couple of shots that weren't really good enough and replaced them with better ones. Oh well.

You can, of course, post the revised video as a separate entity.
2022-8-15
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice idea. Like the golden evening light. If you want to make it smoother I suggest to drop the sensitivity of the yaw movement - that way it's easier to make turning movements less jerky.
2022-8-15
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 8-15 21:32
Nice idea. Like the golden evening light. If you want to make it smoother I suggest to drop the sensitivity of the yaw movement - that way it's easier to make turning movements less jerky.

Thanks, I'll experiment with that. Not sure if it will work though, because I'm using Litchi waypoint missions and from what I've read, these settings are not carried through to Litchi.
2022-8-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive video.    Using Litchi worked wonders with transition from morning to night.  The background music really goes great with the footage.  
2022-8-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

tim@time10.com Posted at 8-16 02:25
Thanks, I'll experiment with that. Not sure if it will work though, because I'm using Litchi waypoint missions and from what I've read, these settings are not carried through to Litchi.

The whole thing was done with Litchi waypoints!?
2022-8-16
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-16 02:49
Impressive video.    Using Litchi worked wonders with transition from morning to night.  The background music really goes great with the footage.

Thanks, I love the music and it makes the video more epic, so I named the video after the song as it fits so well.
2022-8-16
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 8-16 05:48
The whole thing was done with Litchi waypoints!?

Most of it was using Litchi waypoint missions - the only way I know that you can fly the exact same route several times. Trouble with Litchi is that it doesn't handle turns particularly smoothly, so you have to chop about a bit to get acceptable clips. I'm now realising that a video is never finished and I wish I'd held off another day putting it on YouTube as there are a couple of weak bits I think.
2022-8-16
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-16 02:49
Impressive video.    Using Litchi worked wonders with transition from morning to night.  The background music really goes great with the footage.

Thanks for the comments, they are really appreciated - and thanks for not calling me a spammer!
2022-8-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tim@time10.com Posted at 8-16 06:38
Thanks, I love the music and it makes the video more epic, so I named the video after the song as it fits so well.

You're very welcome Tim.  
2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tim@time10.com Posted at 8-16 13:33
Thanks for the comments, they are really appreciated - and thanks for not calling me a spammer!

You're very welcome Tim.  

Have a great day and a wonderful rest of the week.
2022-8-17
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

After all the contructive criticism from several helpful people on different forums, I've re-edited the video to make it hopefully better. It is still the same length though (4.5 minutes) which was one of the criticisms (too long) but I wanted to respect Scott Buckley's song. I will do a short edit in the near future.

https://youtu.be/71edSlO2RA0

And I've only just found that Videproc has a deshaker in it that processes short video clips (but takes hours to do each one). It seems to work well, so I'm doing all the Litchi mission clips and will splice in the deshaked files when it's finished, and post yet another version. I might post a short before and after video as well if I get time.
2022-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here it is with preview
2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

An what a beautiful video it is!
Great work
2022-8-25
Use props
tim
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-25 05:06
An what a beautiful video it is!
Great work

Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to be updating the video using de-shaked clips and transitions to the early shots, and may colour grade a couple of them just a touch - it was all original footage before. Thanks for the preview - but it's for the original video not the newer one. Doesn't matter though as it will be superseded eventually.
2022-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

tim@time10.com Posted at 8-25 06:03
Thanks for the compliment. I'm going to be updating the video using de-shaked clips and transitions to the early shots, and may colour grade a couple of them just a touch - it was all original footage before. Thanks for the preview - but it's for the original video not the newer one. Doesn't matter though as it will be superseded eventually.

You're welcome!
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules