Mavic 2 Pro and Go 4 Application
1860 26 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Why have you not updated GO 4 application on Google. I have tried downloading it from your site and it worked only one time. Now it says the same thing that "it has a bug and waiting for DJI to update software". I cannot use it on my Android version 12  phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. When do you plan on updating the Go 4 to work with our phones. Everyone is having this issue! My expensive DJI Mavic 2 Pro is a brick now and I am not happy. You should give our money back before you are sued, or fix it!
2022-8-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 killed DJI Go4 for me too, on my Samsung Galaxy A51.  But on the advice of DirtyBird, I deleted the App and downloaded it again direct from the DJI Website, and now it works.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-15 23:14
Android 12 killed DJI Go4 for me too, on my Samsung Galaxy A51.  But on the advice of DirtyBird, I deleted the App and downloaded it again direct from the DJI Website, and now it works.

It did for me too initially, but now after one isevots doing the same thing the Google version did and will not open and reports a bug ssying its waiting gor and update from DJI. Ive tried reinstalling with an APK Installer as i did before, but it still will not work. I have a $2000 brick now. The Go app for OSMO will not work now either.
2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-16 05:57
It did for me too initially, but now after one isevots doing the same thing the Google version did and will not open and reports a bug ssying its waiting gor and update from DJI. Ive tried reinstalling with an APK Installer as i did before, but it still will not work. I have a $2000 brick now. The Go app for OSMO will not work now either.

That's pretty galling. Have you thought about an alternative App, Like Litchi for example?
I was able to still fly my Mavic2Zoom with Litchi on the Galaxy A51, even after Android12 effectively killed off DJI Go.4
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-16 06:08
That's pretty galling. Have you thought about an alternative App, Like Litchi for example?
I was able to still fly my Mavic2Zoom with Litchi on the Galaxy A51, even after Android12 effectively killed off DJI Go.4
No i have not. I looked at it but it did not show any GPS capability so i have not installed it. I need GPS because i live next to Kennedy Space Center and there are restricted areas. I need a program simular to Go 4.
2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-16 06:18
No i have not. I looked at it but it did not show any GPS capability so i have not installed it. I need GPS because i live next to Kennedy Space Center and there are restricted areas. I need a program simular to Go 4.

It works from GPS just the same as DJI Go4 does.
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-16 06:20

I will give it a try. I use my Mavic for business and im currently outbof business becausevi cant use it. Thanks for the info. I hope it works while DJI hopefully updates theirvsoftware to be compliant with USA law?
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-16 06:20

Does it have all the functions that Go 4 has like holding the paddles in to make it fly, return to home and all the functionality of Go 4?
2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-16 06:49
I will give it a try. I use my Mavic for business and im currently outbof business becausevi cant use it. Thanks for the info. I hope it works while DJI hopefully updates theirvsoftware to be compliant with USA law?

Good luck in achieving a satisfactory outcome
2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-16 06:55
Does it have all the functions that Go 4 has like holding the paddles in to make it fly, return to home and all the functionality of Go 4?

I've not found any difference in functionality, having used both Apps on a range of DJI drones. But in all honesty  I cannot say that I have used every available function in either App. RTH works the same, take-off with the sticks works the same. The autonomous waypoint mission feature is what sold me on Litchi at first. And I was able to use the Mini One for 360 panos in Litchi - something that wasn't possible at the time.  At the price point, I considered it money well spent.
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Go 4 app version v4.3.50 straight to our website to see if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 20:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Go 4 app version v4.3.50 straight to our website to see if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
I have and it no longer works just like the Google version. It worked once and will not load and replies that it had a bug just like the Google download. I have installed Litchi and it works but does not have some of Go 4 functionality. At least im not totally out of business as I use my Mavic 2 Pro for land surveys. Too bad you all refuse to update your software to Android 12 which has been out for almost 2 years now and everyone is using it. Im supprised there is not a class action law suit against DJI already because everyone basically has a very expensive brick now. Pretty sorry technical support! You obviously hate your customers!
2022-8-17
Use props
fansbd31c1e5
New

France

Hi everybody, i got the same problem. I have an expensive drone and he cannot fly due to update from dji.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Yep me too. I complained to DJI support and they claimed they escalated it to engineering? Yet I get a message 2 days later threatening to close the ticket because I have not replied in 2 days. The last email did not say to reply! But I did with some strong words about the situation. I am ready to join others in a class action law suit to recover the thousands i spent on my Mavic 2 Pro which is now a brick basically. I have had some luck with the Litchi application available on Google for $27.05, but it is missing some functions like the training mode, or I can't find it like Go 4. We should pool our money and sue DJI? Maybe we will get their attention that way and they will either fix the problem, or give us our money back.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Folks, I am loosing thousands of dollars in lost revenue because my drone survey business is effectively out of business because my DJI Mavic 2 Pro is no longer functional, or atleast limited because I am forced to use other software. I got another message from DJI Support today saying they ate evaluation my request with the saying "capture the moment" with your DJI. Ha! How can I capture the moment when neither my Mavic 2 Pro or OSMO no longer works. Even though I have limited use of my drone, the OSMO no longer works either because "Go 4" along with "Go" applications no longer work. What a joke! Capture the Moment! Ha!
2022-8-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Surely its easier to download an older version from APK mirror which did work?

Is your device on the officially supported list?

2022-8-21
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Nope! They are all banned by Google and Android devices. Google no longer has them on their download site. DJI offers them but they no longer work either. If you can get one to work, then share it with us? But I think you will find they don't work?
2022-8-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi have thought off buying  a cheap tablet/phone with android 11 or lower just to use with your mavic, I have a huawei mediapad with android 8 just for mavic Pro with no problems. Not ideal but you'd be back earning.
2022-8-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is exactly why I use an Android Tablet.  My Tripletek tablet has worked for me with all apps from all drone manufacturers.  Never a single moment of downtime due to app incompatibility.
2022-8-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-21 14:48
Nope! They are all banned by Google and Android devices. Google no longer has them on their download site. DJI offers them but they no longer work either. If you can get one to work, then share it with us? But I think you will find they don't work?

They're not banned.
Every single version is available on apk mirror.

Is your device even on the official compatibility list?

Samsung often deviate massively from AOSP android and this can break things quite a lot.  The fault there is Samsung not DJI.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Well I am happy that some of you can still use the app. A lot of other cannot. No, I never thought about buying a cheap phone? Why should I and spend more money with hopes of it working? Why can't DJI just update their app to work instead since Abdroid 12 has been out neary 2 years and everyone is using it. Even Microsoft and others always update their software once a month! Why can't DJI do that and let me save my money to pay bills and save for other DJI products. Why, why Why? I'm glad you can afford to buy those products and not have to worry about money! I personally cannot afford to randomly buy those just because DJI refuses to support other devices and software that everyone is using. Same with Windows and it's upgrades. Those who want to stay in the game upgrade their systems because they support their customers. DJI has failed to do that.
2022-8-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I feel your frustration, but if you decide to look at a new/older device surely you have friends with older devices you could try the go 4 app, or please have a look here at a comprehensive list of what will work. Out of interest I am still using version 4.3.37 as for me it is very stable and never given me a shock
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2022-8-22
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-21 07:26
Folks, I am loosing thousands of dollars in lost revenue because my drone survey business is effectively out of business because my DJI Mavic 2 Pro is no longer functional, or atleast limited because I am forced to use other software. I got another message from DJI Support today saying they ate evaluation my request with the saying "capture the moment" with your DJI. Ha! How can I capture the moment when neither my Mavic 2 Pro or OSMO no longer works. Even though I have limited use of my drone, the OSMO no longer works either because "Go 4" along with "Go" applications no longer work. What a joke! Capture the Moment! Ha!

If you're literally losing 'thousands of dollars' then get a used iPhone for 2-300 bucks and cut your losses.  I'm not defending dji, but iOS seems to always work.  
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

Porktree Posted at 8-22 22:08
If you're literally losing 'thousands of dollars' then get a used iPhone for 2-300 bucks and cut your losses.  I'm not defending dji, but iOS seems to always work.

That's OK!  I bought Litchi! It works fine!
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

UKMoose Posted at 8-22 00:08
I feel your frustration, but if you decide to look at a new/older device surely you have friends with older devices you could try the go 4 app, or please have a look here at a comprehensive list of what will work. Out of interest I am still using version 4.3.37 as for me it is very stable and never given me a shock
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

2022-8-23
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuserkeeper Posted at 8-23 10:39

Glad your all sorted.
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuserkeeper
lvl.1
United States

DJI fixed the issue and sent me link to Go4 and Go. So far they work fine on my Samsung S22 Ultra with Android 12. Go to DJI and get the update. They also said they issued it to Google, if Google ever adds it again. I do not get the problem warnings as before either. I hope this is a good application and remains usable.
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules