Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV corrupted MP4 video after crash
1921 7 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brunoaduarte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

My DJI FPV crashed yesterday and the 1920x1080@60fps footage that was being recorded got corrupted cause the battery disconnected when the drone hit the ground.
Now I got 6 files with different extensions including a 3.5 GB MP4 file that won't work

DJI_0216.MP4.hvc1
DJI_0216.MP4.mp4a
DJI_0216.MP4.nail
DJI_0216.MP4.prox
DJI_0216.MP4.trinf
DJI_0216.MP4

Here are the solutions I've tried already:
- Putting the SD card back in the drone and starting it. (It starts fine and even record new videos, but the corrupted one stays the same.)
- Putting the SD card in the Googles (it does not even show up in the album)
- http://djifix.live555.com/ - This is the closest I got to recover the footage, but it creates a video missing most of the frames, so I just get some random frames. No good.
- https://www.videohelp.com/software/Fix-DJI - Throw error and nothing happens
- Also tried uploading the video to YouTube, but also got a "Process interrupted, it was not possible to process this video" after upload.

- Any other ways to fix this?

Thanks!

2022-8-15
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I hate to be the one to tell you but those files are most likely unrecoverable. They never finished out their recording. And they have to be closed out a certain way. That moment is gone.

This is why I always recommend that people have an SD card in their goggles and set the system to record on both that way if you lose the drone you'll have a slightly less resolution resolution video of the same thing
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Since the unit already crashed, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding. In addition, with regards to the corrupted files, we will coordinate this with our designated team for further clarification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-15
Use props
Skunkhauser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1426913 ft
United States

Same happened to me, I have explored and looked for multiple options on video recovery, none successful.  Don't buy into some of the scam sites that say they can recover it.  I don't know if recording in .MOV is any precaution against this happening again, but having a backup HMD recording is not on my pre-flight MUST-HAVE list.  If you have better luck than I did, please update the post.  
2022-8-17
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

I said already that there is virtually no practical recovery of a file that did not close properly. But that's why you have a recorder in your goggles. It may be lower resolution but it is everything that the drone saw. And it won't crash.
2022-8-17
Use props
brunoaduarte
lvl.3
Brazil

Unfortunately I had no SD card in my Googles for a backup recording.

The file was not unrecoverable. Ross, from http://djifix.live555.com/ helped me recovering it with his awesome tool.

Only the last 2-3 seconds of the recording, right before the crash were lost, because they were not written from RAM to the SD, but the rest is ok now.

@Skunkhauser you should try this tool.
I tried a lot of alternatives and this was the only one that managed to fix my file.

MOV and MP4 files are written in almost the same way, so it's pointless to change the format
2022-8-17
Use props
SgtRay
lvl.4
United States

Now that is good to know info! Good for you,  finding it out!

Now go put a card in those goggles! Lol
2022-8-18
Use props
brunoaduarte
lvl.3
Brazil

SgtRay Posted at 8-18 00:17
Now that is good to know info! Good for you,  finding it out!

Now go put a card in those goggles! Lol

Yeah, unfortunately what I was really looking for were the 1-3 secs before the crash, lol.

Thanks for the replies.
2022-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules