Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any tips to get the M3 to handle like the M2?
792 3 2022-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Although I'm really impressed with the M3,  it doesn't handle like the M2.
For instance I always land with the drone facing away from me, arse first (or ass for our US viewers), so the controller sticks match the drones orientation for safer landing.
With the M2 I could zip it back to my home position while spinning the drone at the same time to orientate rear first all in one movement. With the M3 it seems to want to do a wide arch,  and as much as I try, it skews around and looks a right dogs breakfast, almost as if I'm not in control.

Has anyone looked into this and found a setting which eliminates this?

Cheers

Phil   

2022-8-16
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

tbh is to have a fw update soon
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really glad to see someone else raising this issue, I've been banging this drum for a while now and it's hard to describe and seemingly not many other people fly this way, so it's rarely raised as an issue.

See my thread here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256237

What you're describing is something which annoys the hell out of me, as I'll be filming something like a car from in front and as it speeds up, I need to flip the drone 180 quickly to capture it accelerating away, but the M3 will not allow for a quick 180 like all the other DJI drones allow. It slows down and then needs to accelerate again to carry on.

There seems to be a control stick remap which locks the yaw to the forward motion speed, to allow for banked turns. None of the other drones fly like this, so someone at DJI has decided that this one will fly completely differently.

I will head out soon and get some flight logs to show this issue.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules