1398 29 2022-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, I mentioned the melting damage a few days ago; sadly the battery was fused into the body and the camera damaged.  A damaged lithium battery isn't the best thing to take on a plane, and I thought it deserved a fitting send off.  
Sounds daft but was genuinely sad to see how it lasted inside the crater and even sadder once it finally had gone.......

2022-8-16
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

A moving video. RIP Drone.
I bet you were swearing when the camera kept pointing up At least you got a few videos out of it and a spare controller.
2022-8-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Really sad to watch Ian, sorry about that mate.
2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Incredible imagery Ian. Perhaps a fitting end to that episode. Absolutely unique
2022-8-16
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

What a great idea for the final flight !
2022-8-16
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 8-16 12:58
A moving video. RIP Drone.
I bet you were swearing when the camera kept pointing up  At least you got a few videos out of it and a spare controller.

Between the auto land kicking in repeatedly (suicidally?)and the camera pointing up, it made for a distracting flight......
2022-8-16
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry Ian ... I'm sure he is  going to drone heaven.. God Bless
2022-8-16
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

The Idea, The Music, The Emotion - Love It.
2022-8-16
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Thank you for your sacrifice……. You gave us all a perspective that so little have seen.
2022-8-16
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-16 17:48
Aye, a fitting send-off to a fine bird.  I am reminded of the end of Terminator 2, the Mini 3 giving a props up as it succumbed to the magma.  Almost brings a tear to me eye...

Excellent comparison!!
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there, Ian. We're deeply sorry for what happened to your unit. However, we're amazed by how you perform the said footage. Hope that this will never happen again. Take care always, Ian, and thank you for your valued support!
2022-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Such a shame especially with the plus battery.  
2022-8-16
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Music and footage was spot on..   Thanks for posting.
2022-8-16
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Interestingly, there's something about that little drone that makes people treat it as if it is alive. Perhaps it is that face-like front, or maybe its small "baby" size, that seems to be triggering a tendency for personification. It is clearly demonstrated by the emotions expressed in most of the reactions to that deed, and it was clearly showing on you face, Ian, when the drone finally disconnected, and you were suddenly left with just the RC and the last words sent by the drone. It was clear your sadness is honest, as if you lost a friend.
2022-8-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

2022-8-17
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

wow, incredible !!!!
2022-8-17
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 22:02
Hello there, Ian. We're deeply sorry for what happened to your unit. However, we're amazed by how you perform the said footage. Hope that this will never happen again. Take care always, Ian, and thank you for your valued support!

Thank you Paladin!  Yes, I think this shows how incredibly tough the Mini 3 is in performing under extreme conditions.  
I hope this is the last volcanic funeral for one of my drones.  Amazing how attached we get to them
2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think a volcanic funeral was a fitting end Ian.  Still sad for you and the drone.  
2022-8-17
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Ian, you are acting great...We have an old custom here, at funerals old woman is crying and making loud manifestations of regrets cause the man died...You can come here for acting, would be a great success ))))
I can only imagine you: "GOD, why did you took this man from us???? whyyyyy? I don't know who it is, but I feel sooooo many regrets for him...and also for my MINI 3 that died in a volcano !!! WHYYY GOOOD !!!! WHYYYYY ?????"
2022-8-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dulce decorum est pro gubernator mori.      If that works???????????
2022-8-17
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 8-17 04:33
Ian, you are acting great...We have an old custom here, at funerals old woman is crying and making loud manifestations of regrets cause the man died...You can come here for acting, would be a great success ))))
I can only imagine you: "GOD, why did you took this man from us???? whyyyyy? I don't know who it is, but I feel sooooo many regrets for him...and also for my MINI 3 that died in a volcano !!! WHYYY GOOOD !!!! WHYYYYY ?????"

I was genuinely sad as I really loved the little drone; easily my favourite out of all the drones I own for many reasons.  Yes, I bought a new one the next day, but everyone has a little burst of relief when their drone returns safely; intentionally flying it to destroy it was actually hard.  
2022-8-17
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

A sad video, indeed.  Great choice of music though, and a fitting end to the mighty little Mini 3 Pro!  A memorable video.
2022-8-17
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Och, dinnae fash yersel' laddie. There'll be plenty o' trees and cliffs tae welcome yer new baby drone. (Seriously, a fitting tribute).
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ian in London Posted at 8-17 02:41
Thank you Paladin!  Yes, I think this shows how incredibly tough the Mini 3 is in performing under extreme conditions.  
I hope this is the last volcanic funeral for one of my drones.  Amazing how attached we get to them

You are most welcome. I agree that we are already attached to them as this makes us happy when flying it. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-8-24
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

That was badly damaged but a proper end.
Good to hear the chapter 3 pro is not closed yet
2022-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's quite something.
2022-8-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 2022-8-16 13:13
Between the auto land kicking in repeatedly (suicidally?)and the camera pointing up, it made for a distracting flight......

Ian, are you going volcano/cooker flying again?
2023-12-19
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 06:23
Ian, are you going volcano/cooker flying again?

Sorely tempted but nothing it open to the public at the moment.... And it's nearly Christmas!  
2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lava grilled turkey??????  The current eruption looks mesmerising.
2023-12-19
Use props
djiuser_sraKtaJt7suY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171572 ft
United States

I was getting emotional as you said goodbye.
2023-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules