Stuttering Video Pocket 2 panning video
931 7 2022-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dareth
lvl.1
Australia

I'm new to the Pocket 2, this is a refurb unit from JDI only 1 weeks ago, I'm getting a Jittering/stuttering from the Video Pocket 2 when horizontally panning video
I have read all the posts and blogs on Pcoket 2 and tried every setting posible, but can anyone suggest what is causing this. Latest firmware installed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  https://youtu.be/eYe94zFbswg

2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what resolution are you using with the provided video? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-16
Use props
Dareth
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Dji Paldin, the video was 4K at 25 fps, 50th shutter ISO was Auto, Promode. I have tried all different format and speed, iso and full Auto modes still get the same result
2022-8-17
Use props
DV-54
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 22:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what resolution are you using with the provided video? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Dji Paldin, the video was 4K at 25 fps, 50th shutter ISO was Auto, Promode. I have tried all different format and speed, iso and full Auto modes still get the same result
2022-8-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I suspect that it would be necessary to see this on YouTube if you were able to upload a short sample.  Your settings seem appropriate though.
2022-8-17
Use props
DV-54
lvl.1
Australia

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-17 01:38
I suspect that it would be necessary to see this on YouTube if you were able to upload a short sample.  Your settings seem appropriate though.

appreciate any ideas you may have here is video https://youtu.be/eYe94zFbswg
2022-8-17
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi. Are you watching on a tv screen? If so, try 50fps. 25 fps can give a less smooth look on pans; especially if you are moving a bit too quickly for the frame rate. If 50fps cures it, you’re probably like me, and very sensitive to 24 and 25 judder. TV's can be a bit weird with slower frame rates.
In UK, it is 25 FPS for tv but really, it is 50 frames interlaced at half the resolution for each frame. In other words 50i or 25i. We have become so accustomed to this that seeing pure 25 frames that are progressive, can be relatively jarring. On TV, we are seeing 50 half frames per second, not 25 full frames.

It might look smoother on a computer.
2022-10-5
Use props
DV-54
lvl.1
Australia

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-5 09:51
Hi. Are you watching on a tv screen? If so, try 50fps. 25 fps can give a less smooth look on pans; especially if you are moving a bit too quickly for the frame rate. If 50fps cures it, you’re probably like me, and very sensitive to 24 and 25 judder. TV's can be a bit weird with slower frame rates.
In UK, it is 25 FPS for tv but really, it is 50 frames interlaced at half the resolution for each frame. In other words 50i or 25i. We have become so accustomed to this that seeing pure 25 frames that are progressive, can be relatively jarring. On TV, we are seeing 50 half frames per second, not 25 full frames.

Hi lancriag10
thanks for the suggestions and ideas, I was viewing on a IPS monitor on Mac, but will certainly have a go at 50fps and see if this works. Thanks again for the help much appreciated ;)
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules