Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
107909 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A1C Posted at 10-27 05:00
I agree with you, and I don't think this will be the wild west or anything like that.  But there will be cases where people that have no idea about drones will take it upon themselves to act.

My biggest issue will be with cops who will make up the laws as they see fit and seek out drone pilots to make a point.  Not RID related, but here's an example where the guy has to fight in court what the police spent 30 mins trying to figure out what to charge him with to make a point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b44qYHCxXg

I think people always think of how bad something ca be for them. The other day I was telling an ATC crew about Remote ID coming. Their attitude was great because if you have permission to fly in controlled space they can now tell if you have left the area you were flying in. They said that they have real problems with drone users forgetting to contact them to say they have finished and left the area. In the long run this will be more helpful than a hinderance.
2022-10-27
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28862 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 05:49
Wow you really do go around putting your foot in your mouth. No bigger insult can you make to an Irishman than to proclaim him British .

Sorry no insult intended, I forgot only Northern Ireland is in the UK.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wbear Posted at 10-27 06:18
Sorry no insult intended, I forgot only Northern Ireland is in the UK.

The Irish are very thick skinned ill survive ;+)
2022-10-27
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28862 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-26 18:54
Thats nothing compared to what DJI are doing to the UK with regards to the "lus Battery", they have restricted all sales of it to outside of Europe for the most part. In the UK, under 250g it is STILL MTOW and NOT MTOM, therefore the restriction on the sale of said battery is moot.

Not only that, we can also fly it under other categories such as sub 500g or sub 2kg yet they still restrict the sale making it hard to get one or very costly, heck, we cannot even get a friend in another "allowed to purchase" country and have it shipped here, yep, they even restrict shipping (through DJI)

I do fly above board, I just don't like any info about me broadcast in the open. If it was encrypted and ONLY the FFA had the key that is one thing but not the public and not even local law enforcement.
Too much chance for abuse.

Sorry to hear about the plus situation there. If I come to visit the UK I'll bring a few pluses with me.
2022-10-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wbear Posted at 10-27 08:06
I do fly above board, I just don't like any info about me broadcast in the open. If it was encrypted and ONLY the FFA had the key that is one thing but not the public and not even local law enforcement.
Too much chance for abuse.

Damn, i would be open to that, let me know and i will save up lol

I do think that it would only be your OP ID that's broadcast, maybe long and lat too but these will only be for places where drones are prohibited or restricted. I don't think the police will have the means, that would be too costly to them. This will be for places like Airports and such like.
2022-10-27
Use props
henkster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34157 ft
Netherlands

What is that new "wide angle support"? Does it autocorrect lens distortions?
2022-10-27
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I think everyone is freaking out about privacy over this RID. The FAA states, "identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station or take-off location." That doesn't have your personal information on it.  They also state, "Authorized individuals from public safety organizations may request identity of the drone's owner from the FAA." So with that being said, I would believe a competent authority would need to contact the FAA to identify the actual owner of the drone.

There's also been no information from DJI to how this information is broadcasted. If it's a shortwave transmission, the person looking for a suspected drone violator would have to probably be in the near vicinity of the operator. Even with a directional finder, it can be pretty difficult to identify a transmission without the frequency that device is specifically operating on. The larger the bandwidth spread, the more power output required which gets very expensive.

I'm more worried about the random Karens complaining about my drone annoying their goat yoga than I am about someone intercepting my transmission data.
2022-10-27
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

What is obviously already possible with a simple Android app called "Drone Scanner" is impressively shown in this video starting at minute 7:45. After that, you don't need any more equipment to get rid of your unloved neighbor, record alleged border violations and send them to official agencies as a CSV file that can be saved.

What I would be interested in: Can American users who have already installed the update now target their own drone via the "Drone Scanner"? Does the country restriction really apply here, or can users from other countries also track their drone with the app after the firmware update. And - if this is not yet the case - what will the situation be if the legislation in these other countries is also changed in the foreseeable future. Will DJI then also release the transmission for these countries?

So far, I don't 'see' my Mini 3 in the app yet. And to keep it that way, I'd rather do without the update. Especially since the innovations do not affect me anyway.
2022-10-27
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

HarleyFlyer Posted at 10-27 05:01
My post was months ago when someone was complaining that there was no Aperture Priority - I explained to them then that we needed ISO Priority - and now we have it  - Amazing work DJI...
yea i always liked the auto mode to be able to set to -0.7EV (and the resulting auto shutter speed) but hated that i had no control over iso anymore.
and the sharpening / denoise settings are also nice
need to read into the EXP settings tho. not sure how they work.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

tazzt0ne Posted at 10-27 13:16
yea i always liked the auto mode to be able to set to -0.7EV (and the resulting auto shutter speed) but hated that i had no control over iso anymore.
and the sharpening / denoise settings are also nice
need to read into the EXP settings tho. not sure how they work.

EXP settings have nothing to do with those settings. ISO settings can now be increased or decreased by 1/10th noise reduction in low light try it its pretty powerful and everyone seems to complain just how sharp video is, try it -1/-2 but no need to change EXP unless you need to damp down you flying.
2022-10-27
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SPLflyer Posted at 10-26 23:32
Dear AVsupport, I know it will be no consolation to you, but you still don't seem to have the two programs that make your problems irrelevant, despite your immense selection of photoediting software: DxO PureRaw 2 (or DxO PhotoLab) and PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. While it's bitter to have spent so much money on PTGui, the program obviously doesn't seem to manage to eliminate the vignetting (PS3P, by the way, manages to do this on its own - without PureRaw! - only with the original DNGs).

Or can you see even a trace of vignetting in these panos?: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277836&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D776%26typeid%3D776 They were exclusively developed in PureRaw and stitched with PS3P. Without any profiles (except the ones from DxO) or Camera Raw assistance!

Sure DxO has made their own profile, so have I (I can use my own in CaptureOnePro) BUT that doesn't correct the fact that DJI has omitted lens profile data in the DNG to use in other software, and that needs to be fixed.
That lens correction data is obviously available since the JPEGs are corrected in-bird;
This is apparently a 'Pro' drone and captured imagery should look like that.Plus it doesn't fix the missing images in the top row. 4 Firmwares later, no result, disappointing!
PS nice panos of the Baltic ;-)
2022-10-27
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7308658 ft
  • >>>
Austria

A pity dji did still not fix the issue with the zenith in panoramas. I really wonder if DJI engineers test their own product accordingly. There is still a gap at the top which causes stitching failures.
2022-10-27
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

Nexus Redux Posted at 10-27 22:27
A pity dji did still not fix the issue with the zenith in panoramas. I really wonder if DJI engineers test their own product accordingly. There is still a gap at the top which causes stitching failures.

This will not be possible for hardware reasons, Nexus (and AVsupport). The limitation of the gimbal's swing to max 60° simply does not allow zenith shots (with a larger angle, the edge of the drone housing would be in the picture.). The only way to get around this limitation within limits is to manually take a shot in portrait mode at max 60° right at the beginning of the spherical panorama, as I have shown here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 529&pid=2842856 and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 529&pid=2843150

This usually works quite well if in the stichting program PANO0003.DNG is replaced with this vertical photo. The only way DJI would still be able to close the gap would be to have the two highest shots (PANO0003.DNG + PANO0019.DNG) automatically executed in vertical mode. However, I doubt that such a mixed mode is technically possible.
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_sewFfUGUBokN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 816713 ft
United States

I might be crazy but didn't the rc let you view your 4K videos just in 1080
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_30ZE2FPOTysL
New
  • >>>
United States

The new enhancements are great but I fail to understand why Remote ID is mandatory with the update. Many more owners other than me purchased the drone because of it's sub 250 gram weight. Remote ID compliance isn't required in that weight class unless the drone is used for commercial purposes.
Big Fail DJI!
2022-10-28
Use props
djiuser_sewFfUGUBokN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 816713 ft
United States

All the 250 gram rule does is saves you $5
2022-10-28
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

nosnoop Posted at 10-26 17:20
I personally don't care, even if there is no such requirement in Canada.
They can broadcast whatever.  Doesn't bother me one bit.
Me standing outside with the controller flying the drone is pretty visible and obvious to anyone near me or passing by.

Not everyone loves drones, and the average person doesn't know the rules.

One analogy might be road rage... Today, someone may not like my driving, and they can get worked up - maybe they'll blast their horn or something worse.  At the end of the day though, all they know about me is my license plate and car description.  We don't have our phone numbers or home addresses displayed on our vehicle.

On the other hand, if my drone flying upsets someone - even if I am flying legally... Well, imagine if they can just whip out a cell phone - they will know where I am; and they can can track my flight (even after the drone has left their view).  If I have taken off often from my property, they may even know where I live.  It's at least creepy, at worst not safe.

For what it's worth, I tried some existing RID scanner apps today.  They didn't detect my drone in Canada.  I don't know if perhaps DJI doesn't transmit RID in Canada, or perhaps the apps don't work.
2022-10-28
Use props
fansaba42f81
New
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-17 07:37
Make sure and update all your batteries as well.

What do you mean?
2022-10-29
Use props
fansaba42f81
New
United States

What is new on the Vertical shooting mode on this update?
2022-10-29
Use props
. . . . . .
lvl.2

United States

Would this be what caused my Mini 3 to logout of my account without warning, only to find out 20 miles into my hike with no cell service that I can't fly more than 100 feet away because I am logged out?
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_ervcSVKRJwUg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 839567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did the firmware update and now a error code 180 comes out when I'm trying to use Dronelink.it won't let me take off
2022-10-29
Use props
sherby313
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-17 02:59
Fantastic update, especially since it makes Mini 3 compatible with the RC Pro.  Thanks DJI.

Im' a newbie at this. Where is the download found?
2022-10-30
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check for updates with each of your batteries installed.  Part of the FW update is for the batteries.  If you don't you'll get the notice when you change batteries during your flight.
2022-10-30
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

sherby313 Posted at 10-30 05:01

Make sure the controller is connected to wifi and it should show up on the main screen.  You can also go to the about tab in the menu and force check for updates.
2022-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

sherby313 Posted at 10-30 05:01

It should show up on the main screen of the Fly App showing firmware update available.  Be sure that wifi is turned on.  You can also go into the About tab and check there also.
2022-10-31
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Biggest update to me is the sharpness and noise reduction settings.
With sharpness and noise reduction both set to -2 I get an image with way more actual detail and texture in dark areas and way less noise.
Also the phone video-like oversharpening is completely gone and the footage now really matches well with my S1H after some color management of course
2022-10-31
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357047 ft
Germany

SPLflyer Posted at 10-27 13:01
What is obviously already possible with a simple Android app called "Drone Scanner" is impressively shown in this video starting at minute 7:45. After that, you don't need any more equipment to get rid of your unloved neighbor, record alleged border violations and send them to official agencies as a CSV file that can be saved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tug7EOdp1No

Germany
Drone Scanner does not show any signal from my drone (CE mode)
It was not to be expected otherwise ;)
2022-10-31
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

RoZis Posted at 10-31 12:18
Germany
Drone Scanner does not show any signal from my drone (CE mode)
It was not to be expected otherwise ;)

So far, I have not expected anything else.
Until now!

But with all that Brussels has been taking out for quite some time and what our so far still unelected Uschi v.d.L. keeps coming up with, I'm not sure about European declarations of intent.

Sure, our Mini falls under category C0, but if it's that easy to elicit data from an 'armed' RID, then all it would take is a hint to DJI to include Germany (or any other European countries) in the list of unlocked regions.

As far as my trust in political institutions is concerned, this has sunk below zero in recent years. And you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist or a 'Querdenker' for that...
2022-10-31
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

Someone on YouTube posted that DJI support told them that the Mini 3 Pro will NOT broadcast remote ID unless it's used for commercial purposes (which requires registration) or if it's using the plus battery (which pushes it over 250g). Can anyone from DJI on this forum please confirm this?
2022-10-31
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

PhantomX Posted at 10-31 14:09
Someone on YouTube posted that DJI support told them that the Mini 3 Pro will NOT broadcast remote ID unless it's used for commercial purposes (which requires registration) or if it's using the plus battery (which pushes it over 250g). Can anyone from DJI on this forum please confirm this?

Source to video?
2022-11-1
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Doea anyone notice a more nervous behavior while moving it sideways? I noticed that even with the same exp setting of the remote controller (dji rc) the drone is much more difficult to control, it move fast even with a little bit of directional input. I've tried to recalibrate the rc but no results
2022-11-2
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

StevenQX Posted at 11-2 10:04
Doea anyone notice a more nervous behavior while moving it sideways? I noticed that even with the same exp setting of the remote controller (dji rc) the drone is much more difficult to control, it move fast even with a little bit of directional input. I've tried to recalibrate the rc but no results

Yep, it's touchy, had to look at the switch to make sure it wasn't in sport first time around, it wasn't.
2022-11-2
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

JLB768 Posted at 11-2 14:47
Yep, it's touchy, had to look at the switch to make sure it wasn't in sport first time around, it wasn't.

So do i, but it wasn't too. Have you solved in some way?
2022-11-2
Use props
PhantomX
lvl.3
United States

User comment about half way down:

2022-11-3
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

StevenQX Posted at 11-2 15:54
So do i, but it wasn't too. Have you solved in some way?

Light fingers.
2022-11-3
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
Hong Kong

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 10-26 09:40
"When the firmware update is complete, the Remote ID function cannot be disabled, and DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later is required to fly the aircraft in the United States."

I am in Canada.  How do I disable RID on my Mini 3 Pro?

Remote ID does not be activated in Canada.
2022-11-3
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
Hong Kong

djiuser_30ZE2FPOTysL Posted at 10-28 14:50
The new enhancements are great but I fail to understand why Remote ID is mandatory with the update. Many more owners other than me purchased the drone because of it's sub 250 gram weight. Remote ID compliance isn't required in that weight class unless the drone is used for commercial purposes.
Big Fail DJI!

The Mini 3 Pro in the US supports battery plus, making the aircrat over 250 grams. The FAA's RID rule require manufacturers to produce all aircraft larger than 250 grams that are RID compliant and submit a declaration of compliance for that aircraft model. I don't think DJI will release RID firmware for aircraft like the Mini 2 (always less than 250g). So, it's a matter of regulation rather than a manufacturer
2022-11-4
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2628530 ft
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-17 07:37
Make sure and update all your batteries as well.

Wait what, batteries update?
2022-11-4
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2628530 ft
United States

Thanks for the update! Really excited for the future. BTW please add more shutter options on the mini 3. Like a 5 or 6 second shutter setting.
2022-11-4
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

05/11/22 - And another RC FW Update DJI RC V01.02.0100.... 921.26mb
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules