New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
108331 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

lo-ol Posted at 9-28 23:38
Hi,

Is there any update planned to get software features included in the mini 4 pro such as waypoints or augmented reality follow up ?

Not a chance. DJI just wants your money and now the m4pro is here to rake it in for the suckers who want the new stuff. RIP mini 3 pro
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_BFo4rgIK5ZdL
New

Iran

Hello, I lost my Moic Mini 2 remote and I got a different remote..but I got this warning and it's a problem. I need your help.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_BFo4rgIK5ZdL Posted at 9-30 06:38
Hello, I lost my Moic Mini 2 remote and I got a different remote..but I got this warning and it's a problem. I need your help.

Hi there, could you please provide the specific warning message or a screenshot of it for better help? Thank you.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

@ Admins - Please update the right year suffix - Thank you

DJI Updates.jpg
2023-10-1
Use props
fans59b9830f
lvl.1
Italy

I’m trying to use my mini 3 pro after a while and it said I have to do a calibration.
I tried it by the app but it didn’t work.
I updated the firmware ad required. But the problem persists.
I downloaded the app for Windows, tried to make the calibration but it always fails.
Most of the times the drone and the pc lost the connection (but the usb cable is fine), bifore the procedure ends.
I noticed that the device lost the connection with the pc after a while even if i’m not working on the DJI assistant app.

What should I do?
2023-10-1
Use props
fans59b9830f
lvl.1
Italy

I’m trying to use my mini 3 pro after a while and it said I have to do a calibration.
I downloaded the app for Windows, tried to make the calibration but it always fails.
Most of the times the drone and the pc lost the connection (but the usb cable is fine), bifore the procedure ends.
I noticed that the device lost the connection with the pc after a while even if i’m not working on the DJI assistant app.

What should I do?
2023-10-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

JezMar Posted at 9-29 09:53
Funny thing is, that they were able to revert the limit on this update without having to issue another update.  Which leads me to believe that it is done server side, and not by updates.  They may also be able to enforce a limit without you even updating your firmware.

Back in June they introduced a Fly App update "by accident" that introduced the restriction.
It went with the next update.

So they can do it in app, in firmware or both.
2023-10-1
Use props
fansd2e53119
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126024 ft
Poland

Pytam ponownie, kiedy będzie język polski w kontrolerze RC?
2023-10-1
Use props
MM_mini3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61709 ft
Poland

fansd2e53119 Posted at 10-1 23:14

DJI ma polskich klientów w d..... Czas chyba zmienić firmę (szczególnie, jeśli zaimplementują ograniczenie do 120m)
2023-10-2
Use props
PeaKay
lvl.2
Germany

gnirtS Posted at 9-26 20:41
From Philip Bloom on his Mini 4 review:

EU HEIGHT RESTRICTION

This is indeed a false statement. If you look at the regulations on the EASA website, there are no restrictions for drones (<250g) that were purchased before 01.01.2024 and do not have a C label. These can continue to fly normally in the A1 category without any adjustments (e.g. reduction to 120m). However, if DJI wants to continue selling the old models such as the Mini 3 Pro in 2024, the new Mini 3 Pros must have a C0 label and thus also the 120m limitation. This does not apply to old drones. Therefore, I hope that DJI will introduce this limitation only for the potential new revision of the Mini 3 Pro. A general 120m limit also for old models is not required by law and would surely upset a large part of the buyers.

Source: https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... tegory-civil-drones
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 04:31
@ Admins - Please update the right year suffix - Thank you

Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for pointing this out. We will have it fixed. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans59b9830f Posted at 10-1 05:29

Hi, fans59b9830f. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which calibration the drone is asking you to perform? Thank you.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd2e53119 Posted at 10-1 23:14

Hi, fansd2e53119. We currently don't have any information yet. We'll take this as a suggestion of yours and we will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-2
Use props
vkondra
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1177257 ft
Israel

I updated my mini 3 pro and RC, all versions are matching release notes except for the application version, it is 1.11.4 instead of 1.12. I refreshed RC firmware with assistant, application version stayed the same.
How can I get application 1.12 on the RC?
Screenshot_20231005-042638.png
2023-10-5
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-2 07:52
Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for pointing this out. We will have it fixed. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Unfortunately nothing has been corrected yet ?

How long does it take to update a year ?

2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

vkondra Posted at 10-5 08:01
I updated my mini 3 pro and RC, all versions are matching release notes except for the application version, it is 1.11.4 instead of 1.12. I refreshed RC firmware with assistant, application version stayed the same.
How can I get application 1.12 on the RC?

Hi, vkondra. Thank you for reaching out. The v1.11.4 of the DJI RC's DJI Fly App is up to date. Please feel free to use it. The version (1.12) from this thread and our website is for the Mobile Phone application. Hope this helps.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-5 21:05
Unfortunately nothing has been corrected yet ?

How long does it take to update a year ?

Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for your concern. The year on the title has been updated now. Have a nice day!
2023-10-5
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-5 22:48
Hi, Space Dream. Thank you for your concern. The year on the title has been updated now. Have a nice day!

Thank you for updating to 2023

The v1.11.4 of the DJI RC's DJI Fly App is up to date. Please feel free to use it.
Version (1.12) from this thread and our website is for the Mobile Phone application.

Also thank you for this information will help relax a lot of peaople
2023-10-6
Use props
dronemagics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179767 ft
Hungary

Any chance to put waypoints into mini 3 Pro ?
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-6 00:13
Thank you for updating to 2023

The v1.11.4 of the DJI RC's DJI Fly App is up to date. Please feel free to use it.

You're most welcome, Space Dream. Should you need further assistance/request, please don't hesitate to reach us again.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dronemagics Posted at 10-6 03:10
Any chance to put waypoints into mini 3 Pro ?

Hi, dronemagics. We currently don't have information about this yet but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-10-7
Use props
Mirek_62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45171 ft
Czechia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-7 01:09
Hi, dronemagics. We currently don't have information about this yet but we will take it as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

We are happy to forward this request for points on the road to your respective department for consideration since the Mini 3 Pro went on sale. But obviously it's unnecessary.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mirek_62 Posted at 10-7 10:15
We are happy to forward this request for points on the road to your respective department for consideration since the Mini 3 Pro went on sale. But obviously it's unnecessary.

Hi, Mirek_62. Rest assured that the requests are being forwarded to our relevant team but we cannot guarantee the results. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-8
Use props
djiuser_mus8mrPaRUqJ
New
Flight distance : 126460 ft
United States

Since the update, this has bricked 2 of 3 batteries.  Now I am getting a “Battery Communication Error.”  The “bad” batteries will not charge but will power on my Mini 3.  I am able to connect AND view my camera.  When checking for firmware update with 1 of the 2 batteries, it tells me the firmware is up to date.   Is there anyway I can force an update or refresh on each battery?   
2023-10-9
Use props
djiuser_mus8mrPaRUqJ
New
Flight distance : 126460 ft
United States

Since the update, this has bricked 2 of 3 batteries.  Now I am getting a “Battery Communication Error.”  The “bad” batteries will not charge but will power on my Mini 3.  I am able to connect AND view my camera.  When checking for firmware update with 1 of the 2 batteries, it tells me the firmware is up to date.   Is there anyway I can force an update or refresh on each battery?   
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mus8mrPaRUqJ Posted at 10-9 05:34
Since the update, this has bricked 2 of 3 batteries.  Now I am getting a “Battery Communication Error.”  The “bad” batteries will not charge but will power on my Mini 3.  I am able to connect AND view my camera.  When checking for firmware update with 1 of the 2 batteries, it tells me the firmware is up to date.   Is there anyway I can force an update or refresh on each battery?

Hello there. sorry about the inconvenience. Please try to wipe the metal contact pins on the battery or of the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (with a concentration greater than 75%). You can refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 on the computer, insert the battery into the aircraft body, connect it to a computer, and refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to resolve the issue. Have a great day.
2023-10-9
Use props
Atomschlumpf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254354 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 04:40
It doesn't effect the UK and DJI just back tracked the 120m limit in the Eu too.

Where did they backtrack this limit?
2023-10-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Atomschlumpf Posted at 10-10 05:08
Where did they backtrack this limit?

Its only temporary until the end of the year when the legal requirement kicks in.

2023-10-11
Use props
fans62b0ef01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4913310 ft
United States

Hello folks, I previously could take a 360 panorama with either of the Mini 3 Pro or Air 2s and upload directly from the micro-sd card via Apple laptop, Safari. to FaceBook.  I could view the photograph in FaceBook, pan around and zoom in full clear and crisp 360.  Since the last DJI update, that isn’t happening.   Is it a changed Setting I have to revert to?, or corrupted update? or a change by FaceBook??
2023-10-13
Use props
Lorelfo
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-2 07:55
Hi, fans59b9830f. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please verify which calibration the drone is asking you to perform? Thank you.

Word for word translation from italian, the sentence is "calibrate the stabilizer".
It appears on the top on the left of the screen of my phone, connected to the drone.

If i press on that sentence, it says "error code 40027".
The procedure I tried 100 times is:
I connect the drone to the windows pc.
I launch the DJI Assistant 2 program.
I follow the instructions for the calibration.
During the calibration, the drone disconnects automatically, so the procedure fails. It fails in different moment every time.

2023-10-14
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

fans62b0ef01 Posted at 10-13 07:06
Hello folks, I previously could take a 360 panorama with either of the Mini 3 Pro or Air 2s and upload directly from the micro-sd card via Apple laptop, Safari. to FaceBook.  I could view the photograph in FaceBook, pan around and zoom in full clear and crisp 360.  Since the last DJI update, that isn’t happening.   Is it a changed Setting I have to revert to?, or corrupted update? or a change by FaceBook??

That sounds bad. The other place you could upload to, is Google Photos, and test using Android Gallery.

There are any number of exif fields that could have changed. You can check, using "Exif Pilot" in the Photosphere tab.

Downloading from Google Photos may also fix something.

2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_DXiz63LNAKfg
New
Saudi Arabia

Been having problems updating my firmware, gives me an error message …

“ Server error. Wait a moment and try again(Code:0×115000100001)”

Been getting this for the past week!

Any ideas / suggestions as to what’s causing this and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_DXiz63LNAKfg
New
Saudi Arabia

Been getting this for the past week!

Any ideas / suggestions as to what’s causing this and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DXiz63LNAKfg Posted at 11-4 08:06

Hi there. Were you able to fix this? This means the device failed to obtain the version list from the firmware server. The possible cause is that the user was not logged in or has not operated for a long time, causing the request timeout. Please try the steps below:
1. Please check if the RC system date and time zone are consistent with the local time; if not, correct it and retry.
2. It is recommended to check the current network status or try using another network, and re-login with the DJI account.
3. If the issue still persists please try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware instead. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Lorelfo Posted at 10-14 00:43
Word for word translation from italian, the sentence is "calibrate the stabilizer".
It appears on the top on the left of the screen of my phone, connected to the drone.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late notice on this matter. May I confirm if you're still experiencing this problem? If the gimbal calibration fails multiple times, you may consider sending the aircraft for proper inspection. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-12-8
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Will the current firmware limit the legacy M3Ps to a C0 height li...

DJI M3P+RC right now offer me a newer firmware for download. Since I bought my M3P in 2022 and do not want it to be limited to 120m in EASA territory, I am unsure if one should at all consider installing any newer firmware now and in the future.

3 questions arise for me:

1. Why is there no new firmware notification in this forum?
2. Will the M3Ps bought before 2024 stick to the legacy status and keep the height limit of 500m with this and further new firmware updates?
3. Does the firmware have the ability to distinguish between M3Ps sold before and after 1.1.2024? (legacy vs. C0)
1-5 10:32
Use props
nikonya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 527740 ft
Slovenia

SeehawerB Posted at 1-5 10:32
DJI M3P+RC right now offer me a newer firmware for download. Since I bought my M3P in 2022 and do not want it to be limited to 120m in EASA territory, I am unsure if one should at all consider installing any newer firmware now and in the future.

3 questions arise for me:

Basically the same reason why I'm waiting to update firmware. I know that new functions will not be added to M3P but only bugfixes so I'm not missing anything - anyway would be nice to know!
1-9 02:04
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just for your convenience, I tried out the latest firmware update for the M3P and the RC remote.

It contains:
- Static flight safety data V01.00.01.33 (drone & remote)
- Firmware "bug fixes" V01.03.1000 (remote only)

No firmware update for the App in the remote of for the flight software of the drone.

The height limit is still 500m, so nothing to worry about. Right now.
(tested in Germany with low GPS coverage / indoors / 6 sats)
1-12 09:25
Use props
JeanLuc Picard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263691 ft
Italy

Will there be an update with waypoints?
Will there be an update with hdr?
Will there be an update with new features?

Thank you
1-20 05:34
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JeanLuc Picard Posted at 1-20 05:34
Will there be an update with waypoints?
Will there be an update with hdr?
Will there be an update with new features?

Hi. We appreciate your interest. DJI has not yet announced anything about the future updates. We will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to the relevant team for evaluation. Any news will be announced officially on the DJI official website. We appreciate your patience.
1-20 20:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules