New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
108287 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5ea4ec85
lvl.2
United States

Was the ability to record in "follow me" mode removed after this update? I can no longer select an object to follow if my camera is set to record video.
2022-8-21
Use props
fans5ea4ec85
lvl.2
United States

Was the ability to record in "follow me" mode removed after this update? I can no longer select an object to follow if my camera is set to record video.
2022-8-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

One thing of note in this update is it resets camera settings.

My video was back to normal profile, h264 whereas stills reset to JPG only and save originals for hyperlapse and pano disabled.

Histogram was also turned off.

Worth checking before you waste a flight shooting in the wrong mode.
2022-8-21
Use props
Torben Ibsen
lvl.2
Denmark

Please read my post about the change to the DJI Fly App. The removal of the local folder on devices is a disaster for Apple users.
2022-8-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 8-21 07:30
Most (if not all) changes in 1.6.12 are related to Phones (download photos and videos directly to the local gallery), and Android OS (version compatibility).
Given that, there isn't really anything related to the RC, so what's the point in upgrading to 1.6.12 when there's nothing to upgrade...???....

Yep, that’s pretty much what I was saying.
2022-8-21
Use props
PolAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 642073 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 8-21 07:25
Are you in any of the features modes?

Didn't think so? I used DJI Assistant to refresh the firmware and all was good after that - until I sent it into the lake yesterday.  Just logged my Care Refresh claim :-(
2022-8-21
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not sure if this is just me but had a short flight yesterday and it seems to be a lot smoother on the controls..  
2022-8-21
Use props
fans62b0ef01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4913310 ft
United States

I am having difficulty pairing my updated RC Pro with the newly unpacked and charged Mini 3 Pro. I have followed instructions on video with no luck. Where does one find alternative pairing instructions for Mini 3 Pro/ RC Pro? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDctfTbiY8 )
2022-8-22
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Thanks, installed and all fine !!
2022-8-22
Use props
MrSepik
New

Papua New Guinea

Thanks for the update
2022-8-23
Use props
fansfeb5c106
lvl.1
Portugal

I was expecting that they would add adjustable speed to cinematic mode to regain the ability which is similar  to removed tripod mode. new cinematic mode is much faster that old tripod mode.. I wont be buying mini 3 pro until they fix this issue. Tripod mode was a must to use this drone to make real cinematic moves. why to remove it. you could add several lines in the software and could add adjustable speed for cinematic mode.
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_iHmCaWlZM69V
New

United States

Unfortunately this doesnt fix the issue where quick tranfer says thr file has been downloaded to phone but it never shows up….
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_iHmCaWlZM69V
New

United States

Unfortunately this doesnt fix the issue where quick tranfer says the file has been downloaded to phone but it never shows up….
2022-8-23
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1800295 ft
Australia

djiuser_eOYWWClpgB2G Posted at 8-20 03:22
Definitely yes!! you need to update all your four batteries.

What sort of issues might you see if you're batteries haven't been updated.  

I didn't realise that the Batteries required firmware also.
2022-8-23
Use props
fans32a3cf6b
lvl.1

United States

bjr981s Posted at 8-19 21:01
Yes your PC can update the drone without having a controller using DJI Assistant 2 Version . V2.1.10

Thanks, Buddy you were right. I had to get the correct assistant-2 app for it to work. I was able to update the firmware on the Mini 3 and the RC pro and it looks great. Here is the download /tools site https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bRgdL09vw&t=304s
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_eOYWWClpgB2G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145666 ft
Israel

BigDog816 Posted at 8-23 21:07
What sort of issues might you see if you're batteries haven't been updated.  

I didn't realise that the Batteries required firmware also.

There's no particular issue but you will be getting a firmware upgrade when you tried to use it.
2022-8-24
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_eOYWWClpgB2G Posted at 8-24 08:05
There's no particular issue but you will be getting a firmware upgrade when you tried to use it.

Ok Thanks.

I asked as I didn't realise the batteries needed updating.  

I updated my Mini 3 when I got it so that would have done the battery it came with, but the Fly More Combo came weeks later, and while out flying I swapped from the original battery to one of the new ones to keep flying and wouldn't have been connected to data at the time as it disconnects from Wifi/Bluetooth every time you take off.

Thanks.
2022-8-24
Use props
fansa8132ab3
lvl.1

Sweden

I just updated and autofocus does not work any more and I am not able to downgrade any more.
2022-8-25
Use props
NYCreate
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-19 12:13
360 panos were the most interesting to me.  I tried one immediately after updating, in a break in the weather.  It was a calm day. The composited image has a stitching mismatch on the vertical axis at the start/finish line. The overall pano isn't bad, so I need to do some more testing to see if this was a one-off problem, or whether it's an issue.

[view_image]

Never had a pano yet out of the drone that isn't full of stitching errors.. Have to manually stitch every time.
2022-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NYCreate Posted at 8-25 02:35
Never had a pano yet out of the drone that isn't full of stitching errors.. Have to manually stitch every time.

I'm finding that too. It's disappointing.
2022-8-25
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Anyone tested the new Fly App 1.7.0 yet?
Youtube is very calm right now.
2022-8-25
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Just received my mini 3 yesterday and left on vacation this morning.
Updated firmware but the rc will not charge.
Had 2 less and now down to 1 with the second flashing
Times running out
Can someone assist?
2022-8-25
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

i do not know if anyone have noticed but in previous update in normal flight mode when you pressed ascending and forward movement it was not a smooth move but rather steps like those both inputs were not processed at once - this version seems to have fixed it
2022-8-26
Use props
AROLE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145666 ft
Israel

BigDog816 Posted at 8-24 20:50
Ok Thanks.

I asked as I didn't realise the batteries needed updating.  

Ok, i thought the fly kit combo was bought together with the frog, but the separate batteries need to be updated for a smooth fly experience. enjoy!!
2022-8-27
Use props
BigDog816
lvl.2
Australia

AROLE Posted at 8-27 02:53
Ok, i thought the fly kit combo was bought together with the frog, but the separate batteries need to be updated for a smooth fly experience. enjoy!!

I did buy them together however due to lead times in Aus the Fly More part didn't arrive until about 3 weeks after the drone.
2022-8-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Problem with any sort of exposure mode that depends on ISO are the fact that ISO can only be varied in full stop increments so youre going to get big, jarring changes in brightness,
2022-8-29
Use props
JoeJK3D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 618904 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 8-21 11:09
One thing of note in this update is it resets camera settings.

My video was back to normal profile, h264 whereas stills reset to JPG only and save originals for hyperlapse and pano disabled.

HA this burned me last night... I got back and was pretty confused about the resolution and no RAWs for the stills.
2022-8-29
Use props
djiuser_nXiW0ZOEYtpi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58156 ft
United States

When will the update for the RID feature be released?  I have saw on Youtube the feature being available in at least one county.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE0YVdilcFI
Going to Japan soon and they require for anything over 100g.
2022-8-29
Use props
zskphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222287 ft
Germany

Hi, is it only me who gets the 30064 error code (unable to take off) on my Mini 3 Pro after upgrading to the latest firmware? I have to add, the drone is brand new.
I tried it for 10 minutes test flight out-of-the-box, worked beautifully.
Then I updated the firmware on the RC controller, and on the drone with all 3 batteries. It never flew again.
I find it astonishing and very disappointing, that this can happen to a brand new drone. I found no solution, tried everything I found (refresh all firmwares, remove SD card, recalibrate IMU, compass both on drone and on RC controller, factory reset the RC controller, all of this multiple times). The DJI support was not really helpful, they say I need to send the drone in for repairs.
Really frustrating to receive a piece of crap for 999€!
2022-8-31
Use props
Blackeagle007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100016 ft
  • >>>
France

zskphoto Posted at 8-31 09:55
Hi, is it only me who gets the 30064 error code (unable to take off) on my Mini 3 Pro after upgrading to the latest firmware? I have to add, the drone is brand new.
Then I updated the firmware on the RC controller, and on the drone with all 3 batteries. It never flew again.

hi, you are not alone brother , ihad the same issue this morning after updating  both rc and drone, did you find a solution?
2022-9-2
Use props
PBLRDom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226808 ft
United States

Same issues today as you after updates.

Interesting to note. DJI fly app is on 1.7.0 on my iPhone and iPad.
However, on the DJI RC controller it is 1.6.9 after updates.
I wonder if the mismatched app versions are causing a conflict.

DJI help is beyond useless. Only advise after a few hours with them today was to mail the whole setup back to DJI.
2022-9-3
Use props
FT8877
lvl.1
Flight distance : 823 ft
United States

This is the firmware that is causing a TON of people, including myself, to have the 30064 error
2022-9-5
Use props
PBLRDom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226808 ft
United States

FT8877 Posted at 9-5 15:38
This is the firmware that is causing a TON of people, including myself, to have the 30064 error

Yup. Grounded with the Mini 3 Pro and RC for now.
2022-9-5
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

out of 6 people i know who also bought the mini 3 pro at the same seller as me, at least 3 now have the same 30064 error!
2022-9-6
Use props
avpix
lvl.1

United Kingdom

zskphoto Posted at 8-31 09:55
Hi, is it only me who gets the 30064 error code (unable to take off) on my Mini 3 Pro after upgrading to the latest firmware? I have to add, the drone is brand new.
Then I updated the firmware on the RC controller, and on the drone with all 3 batteries. It never flew again.

No, it's not only you who has this issue.  My mini 3 pro was only one week old and had flown a few short flights without any problems whatsoever. Then I updated the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 software on my computer along with three batteries and RC controller.  Since then, I get the message "unable to take off".  Tapping on this message reveals error code 30064.  Sent an email to technical support fully explaining the problem four days ago, have not had a reply from DJI.
I'd be interested if you found a fix or had to send the drone for repair.   
2022-9-8
Use props
faireone
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Since updating to the latest FW I was glad to see the 360 pano mode takes more photo above and below.
However, now that I am in front of the computer and try to stitch them in LR CC (latest version) I get very bad unusable results:

I know this is not the drone's fault, but anyone else experiencing such problems? And any suggestions for another (mac) app for making the panos?
2022-9-9
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

Hello, i received my mini 3 pro yesterday, this morning i started to prepare it, i did the updates then i got messages can't take of,
2022-9-10
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

cannot find gps module. All error codes are 30098-30105-30037-180059-30269
2022-9-10
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

i can't tell if the updates did something wrong because it never fly before . I guess something is really wrong. But the rest of the drone works, it can take photos ... I asked Amazon for a return ... .
2022-9-10
Use props
ciulian_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54472 ft
Romania

fans84da9043 Posted at 9-10 05:46
Hello, i received my mini 3 pro yesterday, this morning i started to prepare it, i did the updates then i got messages can't take of,

wellcome in the "error 30064" club
2022-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules