New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
107938 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IbxACWIXuUMO
New
United States

This took my several attempts to update. I mean I refreshed for 30 minutes before it came up. I had to turn my phone into a hotspot and use that for my laptop as the servers didn't like my ISP. I had to update both the rc and drone because the first updates weren't the latest and they didn't appear at first. The second time it worked, this took several hours to accomplish.

This was my initial update and the drone hadn't flown yet.

Then I had horrible linking fail issues with the rc and the phone not working.

I tried the iphone 11 and samsung s21 with no luck. I tried multiple cables, nothing worked.

I had to pair the rc and the drone by holding down the 3 buttons on the rc and holding the drone power button for 4 seconds. That worked, and was able to test fly.

After the initial test I landed the drone and brought it inside. Tried to reconnect and go fly again with the same link failure issue. I was able to hard pair the two again and was able to format my sd card, test fly, take photos. Landed successfully.

This morning, nothing worked. I removed the sd card and the files on the drone by hardwiring it into my laptop. I reinstalled the app. It will not link.

This is very frustrating as I see people just turn both on and it automatically connects so I know the remote is the issue. I have another cable coming so we will see. Right now, I am having major issues.

Can anyone help?
2023-4-23
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 2022-8-18 01:57
only took a few months to update :-)

There was an update on 3/28. It’s now 4/25. That’s less than a month.
2023-4-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Surprise! Thanks for the 4/25 update. Pretty amazing.
2023-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-25 07:34
Surprise! Thanks for the 4/25 update. Pretty amazing.

Were you able to download and install the firmware update today?  It doesn't show as available for me at all.
2023-4-25
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here’s hoping I can use my RC with the goggles 2, what little I have seen so far says I would have to use the Motion 2 controller, I don’t need another freaking controller!  I already have the DJI RC for the Mini 3 Pro, the FPV RC 2 and the original Motion Controller.
2023-4-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 07:47
Were you able to download and install the firmware update today?  It doesn't show as available for me at all.

Nope. I am only receiving server errors. I'll try again in a few hours or tomorrow.
2023-4-25
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-25 08:11
Nope. I am only receiving server errors. I'll try again in a few hours or tomorrow.

Okay, glad its not just me.  Cheers!
2023-4-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Updating via latest (4/25) Assistant 2 Consumer did update the controller. Trying Mini 3 Pro now...

EDIT: I see a goggles icon now on the DJI RC, however the aircraft will not update and gives a "server error" when I try to manually update it. It IS currently updating via Assistant 2.

EDIT 2: Googles 2 nor MC 2 will update connected to updated Fly app on my phone. I followed the directions here, but still receive "Server Error." I'll just wait a day or two.

2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-25 08:33
Updating via latest (4/25) Assistant 2 Consumer did update the controller. Trying Mini 3 Pro now...

EDIT: I see a goggles icon now on the DJI RC, however the aircraft will not update and gives a "server error" when I try to manually update it. It IS currently updating via Assistant 2.

Thanks for the update.  I tried and failed also so I'm going to hold off for a day or two and try again.
2023-4-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yowsers, nearly £829 to use goggles for the Mini 3 Pro, I think this droning lark is just getting far too expensive
2023-4-25
Use props
fansa94a4b3d
lvl.1

Canada

Bashy Posted at 4-25 15:56
Yowsers, nearly £829 to use goggles for the Mini 3 Pro, I think this droning lark is just getting far too expensive :'(

Being forced to use FPV mode and forced to use/buy motion controllers is the real problem.
2023-4-25
Use props
Chardo
lvl.1
France

Hi,
I am a beginner in drone and this is my first post on the forum.
A few weeks ago, after unpacking my Mini 3 Pro, I did all the requested updates (RC, Mini 3 Pro and the 3 batteries of my Fly Combo)
I have just done the new updates for the RC and the Mini 3 Pro.
It seems that there are no updates for the batteries with this new firmware?
Can you confirm this?
2023-4-26
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-25 15:56
Yowsers, nearly £829 to use goggles for the Mini 3 Pro, I think this droning lark is just getting far too expensive

It will be cheaper to just buy a Helicopter soon
2023-4-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa94a4b3d Posted at 4-25 18:44
Being forced to use FPV mode and forced to use/buy motion controllers is the real problem.

OH, wow, really, i wasnt aware about forced FPV mode, no way is that worth the cost of a new controller and the goggles, nope, no siree Bob, not for me I'm afraid, if i want to fly FPV mode then i would buy an FPV setup  :/ Thanks for the heads up!
2023-4-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 4-26 03:04
It will be cheaper to just buy a Helicopter soon

Yeah or a share in a small plane, that's cheaper than the M30 lol still have to get a license mind :/

Paragliding is an option
2023-4-26
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Getting the same server errors when trying to update the RC and the Mini 3 Pro separately. Don't think there's that many of us updating all at once, but what the hell? Guess we'll probably see another DJI update for the server and/or firmware again...
2023-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-26 09:11
Getting the same server errors when trying to update the RC and the Mini 3 Pro separately. Don't think there's that many of us updating all at once, but what the hell? Guess we'll probably see another DJI update for the server and/or firmware again...

After numerous tries I was finally able to get past the server error and update the Mini 3 Pro and RC.  What a pain that was.
2023-4-26
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-26 12:36
After numerous tries I was finally able to get past the server error and update the Mini 3 Pro and RC.  What a pain that was.

Agree, I gave up after a few tries when I read the update this morning. I'm able to update it this afternoon thank god. All good for now.
2023-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RobZilla Posted at 4-26 12:43
Agree, I gave up after a few tries when I read the update this morning. I'm able to update it this afternoon thank god. All good for now.

Glad it was successful for you also.  
2023-4-26
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I really would have like to see with this "not a real update" the option to have RAW and Jpeg available separate and no longer together... Oh well....
2023-4-26
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but other than using the Goggles on a bright sunny day that would make viewing better, what is the benefit of this on the mini 3?  I would think using the RC would give you much better control than the MC2.
2023-4-26
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Proximity flying. When then drone is more than 10m away, it gets hard to estimate the distances to objects. Is the tree in front of the drone 5 more meters or are you about to hit the branches? When viewing the scene from the goggles, you look at the video feed always and then you have a better spatial awareness.
But from a pure control point of view, the RC is way better than the MC.
So I am looking forward to the next release, when M3P + Goggles + RC are hopefully officially supported.
2023-4-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

All updated and working:

Integra + Motion 2 + Mini3Pro
Integra + Motion 2 + Mavic 3

Still, there is a nice add-on if DJI is making 2 things:
1. Allow using the New RC with screen to be used with Integra instead of Motion 2
2. Fix the NFZ check for the drones with Integra googles, in order not to ask every time a phone connection as long as the googles remains ON...in this way, you can fast change the batteries and get back in air. (easy to be done, only need a TEMP file for NFZ to be there as long as Glasses are not OFF and drone redirected to check the TEMP file on Googles directory instead of Phone).

Regards.
2023-4-27
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chardo Posted at 4-26 01:00
Hi,
I am a beginner in drone and this is my first post on the forum.
A few weeks ago, after unpacking my Mini 3 Pro, I did all the requested updates (RC, Mini 3 Pro and the 3 batteries of my Fly Combo)

There is no update for the batteries, I updated drone , and RC, inserted another battery switched it all on, did a firmware check, no further updating.
2023-4-27
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-26 03:48
Yeah or a share in a small plane, that's cheaper than the M30 lol still have to get a license mind :/

Paragliding is an option

Would you know if the FFC "medicine" that your "friend" Martin posted on YT still works after the latest FW update?
There's a few recent posts saying it doesn't. I'm holding off updating the FW.

Also would you know if the "medicine" would work with the RC Pro controller (side loading)?
If the "medicine" doesn't work at all. Would switching from the RC-N1 to RC Pro give a boost in signal strength at all, or would it be money wasted on upgrading the controller?

Thank you.
2023-4-27
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

Shame you can't make your controllers connect to your drones....that would be a nice update.
2023-4-27
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedRockDrones Posted at 4-27 17:45
Shame you can't make your controllers connect to your drones....that would be a nice update.

I can see the benefit of using the goggles to see exactly what you are shooting, especially in bright sunlight, but I'm also disappointed that we can't use the RC.

With the RC, we have total control of the camera functions instead of using a combination of the goggles menu and the MC buttons.

I would think the on-screen touch functions of the RC would be disabled when using the goggles, but at least we could have buttons programmed for certain functions or camera settings.

In the end, a minor complaint from me.  I never expected to see the mini 3 using the goggles, so it was a pleasant surprise.
2023-4-28
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

A1C Posted at 4-28 03:56
I can see the benefit of using the goggles to see exactly what you are shooting, especially in bright sunlight, but I'm also disappointed that we can't use the RC.

With the RC, we have total control of the camera functions instead of using a combination of the goggles menu and the MC buttons.

The point I was trying to make is that DJI can't even fix their connectivity issues.
2023-4-28
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedRockDrones Posted at 4-28 06:48
The point I was trying to make is that DJI can't even fix their connectivity issues.

I won't argue with that.  I lost connection during a flight, and it couldn't come back online.  Luckily RTH kicked in, but I had no idea it did.  I was at the limit of VLOS, and I couldn't see it.  I was going to power-cycle the RC when I heard it coming back.

I get the sense that if there is enough interference that it just drops the connection instead of trying to hop to another frequency, and they figure auto-RTH will kick in.
2023-4-28
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

A1C Posted at 4-28 12:18
I won't argue with that.  I lost connection during a flight, and it couldn't come back online.  Luckily RTH kicked in, but I had no idea it did.  I was at the limit of VLOS, and I couldn't see it.  I was going to power-cycle the RC when I heard it coming back.

I get the sense that if there is enough interference that it just drops the connection instead of trying to hop to another frequency, and they figure auto-RTH will kick in.

That doesn't sound promising.  Plus, DJI seems to have major issues pairing with a new controller or even a phone for fast file transfers.  Til today, I've not been able to connect my phone to my drone in order to transfer files.  Taking out the SD card every time I want to download files is absolutely absurd.
2023-4-28
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

PeterIOM Posted at 2022-8-18 00:31
Thank you, I am aware this is not Facebook, by the way sarcasm is the lowest form of whit, but thank you for your help.

First most common response is :  "I don't get it"

Second most common response, normally after the first: "by the way sarcasm is the lowest form of whit"

I think you will find, if you do some research, that's quite the opposite...

This however, doesn't change whatsoever how you feel about his response, for which you are entitled too...
2023-4-28
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RedRockDrones Posted at 4-28 13:09
That doesn't sound promising.  Plus, DJI seems to have major issues pairing with a new controller or even a phone for fast file transfers.  Til today, I've not been able to connect my phone to my drone in order to transfer files.  Taking out the SD card every time I want to download files is absolutely absurd.

The issue I found with phones is that every time there's an OS update, one or two of my apps start acting up until they update.

At the same time, there are betas for iOS and Android, so they should have plenty of heads-up to test them.

That doesn't excuse the RC from having issues, though.  Can you imagine if your phone just dropped the connection to the cell tower?
2023-4-28
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
United States

A1C Posted at 4-28 17:21
The issue I found with phones is that every time there's an OS update, one or two of my apps start acting up until they update.

At the same time, there are betas for iOS and Android, so they should have plenty of heads-up to test them.

There could be what you mention going on for sure.  But the main issue is support.  My main issue isn't that there may be problems.  My issue is support.  This new method of support that many companies are using these days..i.e. chat portals, stupid community boards, etc.....is absolutely horrendous.  DJI is particularly bad.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I've reached out to DJI regarding connection, firmware, etc., they have the exact canned response regardless of what the issue may be.  It's scripted, they are behind an internet screen, phone tech support is horrible, and their answer is "send in your unit,"

Now imagine your phone company being this way...where you don't even have a store to go to.

I've also noticed that DJI's own Assistant 2 for desktop is terrible at updating.  I tried updating my RC-N1's firmware and it can't even update to the latest firmware.  I had to do it via the phone.....after hours and hours and hours of trying to make the stupid controller pair with the drone.  

I'm dropping this drone and getting a Skydio 2+ for my use.  This drone just isn't built for professional mapping, modeling, or anything beyond glamour shoots.
2023-4-28
Use props
fans324e907e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

Having read about the release of the new fw for the drone and for the dji rc, today I decided to update. But I ran into the Server error (Code:0x1103a0090012 and many other different codes). This by checking the availability of a new fw from the rc, as I have always done and/or also from the dji fly app connected to the drone. I solved by upgrading the fw with dji assistant, both for the rc and for the drone. But now my doubt is: how to perform the battery update? If I insert a new battery in the drone, I don't have the possibility (again due to the server connection error) to check for new updates and therefore also the battery update!!! This thing is very dangerous. Could it be solved by doing 3 drone firmware refreshes with Dji Assistant by replacing a new battery at each refresh? Would that work?
2023-4-30
Use props
BEN67
New

Germany

Same problem here: Server Error (Wait....) - Updating not possible!  Guys....this is embarrassing...
2023-4-30
Use props
ShadowmanGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3012 ft
Greece

Hello everyone!

Same problem here but i managed after several attempts and 4 hours to update both the drone and rc using the dji assistant 2!
2023-4-30
Use props
herasymcuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

The problem is about how to perform the battery update after the fw drone update? Refreshing the firmware for every battery?
2023-5-1
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

herasymcuk Posted at 5-1 00:38
The problem is about how to perform the battery update after the fw drone update? Refreshing the firmware for every battery?

Not sure if there's an easier way, but that is what I do; check for a FW update with each of my batteries inserted.
2023-5-1
Use props
ShadowmanGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3012 ft
Greece

herasymcuk Posted at 5-1 00:38

It would be great if you could plug the charging station from the fly more kit with the batteries on PC and update them using the dji assistant 2.
2023-5-1
Use props
A1C
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ShadowmanGR Posted at 5-1 06:23
It would be great if you could plug the charging station from the fly more kit with the batteries on PC and update them using the dji assistant 2.

Oooh that's a good idea.  It might be possible.  They already use the USB-C port to communicate with charger for power requirements.  Maybe they have the ability to read more info??

Won't hold my breath though.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules