New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
108236 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 8-18 03:42
Ok, I can't win on this forum about the naming of this function.

Aperture priority on a camera means that the shutter speed can vary to adapt to different scenes. Yes, I know that this drone has a fixed Aperture and therefore in Av mode it will just have to stay fixed and then the shutter speed adapt, as it should.

Auto/fixed Aperture and Auto Shutter is basically P mode that all photographers are very familiar with.

But Harley is correct there is no Aperture priority on Mini , shutter priority is there and effective P mode.
2022-8-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HarleyFlyer Posted at 8-18 04:32
Ok - ( i am a professional photographer - master level) - what you are showing in that photo - and I assume asking for is something that I too would very much like - and that is Iso Priority.

The only things that you can change on the drone are the Shutter Speed or the Iso - and when you leave the drone in Auto mode it is changing a combination of those two things to create the perfect picture - however it's really annoying when you want to keep the Iso at 100 - and have the shutter adjust accordingly for the changing light levels - so this would be called an Iso Priority mode - and I would like it too please.

If I refer to it as ISO priority, I'm due a headache of replies and misunderstanding, but I'm glad we've agreed that this is a necessity.
2022-8-18
Use props
FedericoB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14843 ft
Argentina

Henrik Olsen Posted at 8-18 02:02
No DJI RC Fly App 1.6.12?

Yesterday i recived a warning to update on adroid to 1.6.12, but cant replay any more the fly logs, so y get back to 1.6.10
2022-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HarleyFlyer Posted at 8-18 04:32
Ok - ( i am a professional photographer - master level) - what you are showing in that photo - and I assume asking for is something that I too would very much like - and that is Iso Priority.

The only things that you can change on the drone are the Shutter Speed or the Iso - and when you leave the drone in Auto mode it is changing a combination of those two things to create the perfect picture - however it's really annoying when you want to keep the Iso at 100 - and have the shutter adjust accordingly for the changing light levels - so this would be called an Iso Priority mode - and I would like it too please.

If you’re using manual shutter ISO will not change, in Auto yes it will but just change shutter to scroll wheel and its a very quick change.
2022-8-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-18 05:02
If you’re using manual shutter ISO will not change, in Auto yes it will but just change shutter to scroll wheel and its a very quick change.

But we don't want to have to manually change this using the scroll wheel. The point of auto shutter is so that it changes with the scene and will abide by whatever the +/- EV setting is, meaning we can focus on hitting the shutter speed and trust that almost all of the shots will be correctly exposed.

It's more important for a faster paced environment than something like taking photos of a house etc. But even in those situations I like the auto shutter mode to just handle it all and I nudge the EV up and down if I have to.
2022-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 8-18 05:05
But we don't want to have to manually change this using the scroll wheel. The point of auto shutter is so that it changes with the scene and will abide by whatever the +/- EV setting is, meaning we can focus on hitting the shutter speed and trust that almost all of the shots will be correctly exposed.

It's more important for a faster paced environment than something like taking photos of a house etc. But even in those situations I like the auto shutter mode to just handle it all and I nudge the EV up and down if I have to.

It doesn’t make much sense its just as easy to move the SS up and down as it is to move EV this will also automatically move the EV’s. Lots of photographers use full manual mode but almost all of them use either SS or Aperture priority when shooting. Video users will nearly always use 180 rule so manually setting shutter is important to them . I don’t think drones are used much for Run and Gun shooting of photos so changing SS to suit shooting conditions manually is not going to be a big deal. Also if you require the correct SS in all conditions you really are better off having it attached to ISO.
2022-8-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterIOM Posted at 8-18 00:31
Thank you, I am aware this is not Facebook, by the way sarcasm is the lowest form of whit, but thank you for your help.

I agree about sarcasm, sorry, when you been on the forum for over 5 years, you do wonder some times if people actually read answers before asking questions. Happy flying.
2022-8-18
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-18 08:42
How would aperture priority work on a drone with a fixed F1.7 aperture?

See above. Strictly speaking it's ISO priority I'm asking for.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_N3Bys8VJn4Rf
New
United States

When can we expect mastershots in portrait mode?

Where on the forum do you submit feature requests?
2022-8-18
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will the RC remote Controller be compatible with the Air 2s?
2022-8-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Did fly 3 batteries with new FW.
Finally both compass views are now spot on for me. Befor the old view was always up 30 degrees off and the new view was so worse that it was unsuable on the DJI RC.
Flight log is OK. Hopefully DJI will not mess it up again with a FW update to 1.5.12 or above.
Sphere is much better now. Not finally perfect, but the gap on the top is very small now. So nothing to worry about except for perfectionists.
Over all everything seems to be as smooth as it should.
2022-8-18
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Henrik Olsen Posted at 8-18 02:02
No DJI RC Fly App 1.6.12?

Only when using RC-N1.
For the RC remote, the fly app remains at ver. 1.6.9
2022-8-18
Use props
Gadget4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Unfortunately this update does not appear to fix the low resolution maps issue.
2022-8-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-18 06:45
I agree about sarcasm, sorry, when you been on the forum for over 5 years, you do wonder some times if people actually read answers before asking questions. Happy flying.

Actually, some do not, they tend to read the 1st post and then post their own answer and that generally echos the 1st one to three replies (if they are correct). Then there are the odd one or 2 that will just copy the consensus.
2022-8-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 8-18 10:32
Did fly 3 batteries with new FW.
Finally both compass views are now spot on for me. Befor the old view was always up 30 degrees off and the new view was so worse that it was unsuable on the DJI RC.
Flight log is OK. Hopefully DJI will not mess it up again with a FW update to 1.5.12 or above.

Finally both compass views are now spot on for me. Befor the old view was always up 30 degrees off and the new view was so worse that it was unsuable on the DJI RC.

I have a theory behind that, this update initiated a full factory reset, this is what was needed before this update to get the RC compass working as it should.

But, i have also noticed that the RC compass still needs calibrating. Therefore a manual interference is needed using the magnet and it will allow a proper calibration, not the ultra fast performance that was required before, this time it let me do the normal calibration, i was actually able to do the turns about 3 times and twice at that.
2022-8-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Bashy Posted at 8-18 16:50
Finally both compass views are now spot on for me. Befor the old view was always up 30 degrees off and the new view was so worse that it was unsuable on the DJI RC.

My theory is that is that it was more related to one of the last AC updates than the RC updates, because neither a RC calibration nor a factory reset did help.
Also a AC calibration did not improve the pricision of the compass.
I think there was a data calculation / gathering bug in the FlyApp after the implementation of the M3, which has been adjusted and solved with the current AC update.
2022-8-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 8-19 00:06
My theory is that is that it was more related to one of the last AC updates than the RC updates, because neither a RC calibration nor a factory reset did help.
Also a AC calibration did not improve the pricision of the compass.
I think there was a data calculation / gathering bug in the FlyApp after the implementation of the M3, which has been adjusted and solved with the current AC update.

Very strange, it worked great for me
2022-8-19
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I recommend that you be careful in rushing over new firmware. From him there is no return to previous versions. They changed the ARB to 2.
2022-8-19
Use props
Irish DM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

Nice job Dji.  Now how about fixing those wonky Sliders.  (I could not resist a chance to get that dig in.)
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_XfsaEbQlAq2z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40312 ft
United Kingdom

When will the mini 3 pro RC controller be updated to DJI Fly 1.6.12?
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_SAaPrNdpMNfe
New
Flight distance : 1299 ft

Oman

Hi I just got my DJI today and updated all the firnware. I took it for a get flight and everything was perfect. But when I came back to do the quick transfer I was not able to connect to the device.i was able to find the wifi and the Bluetooth of the drone. But when connecting it fails to connect. I have tried it with 3 other phone both android  ver 12 and iphone 12 all with the same issue.
I have ALS noticed in my profile on both my phone app and the DJI rc  the setting section I don't find the quick transfer option. Attached is a picture
2022-8-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 8-17 03:51
couldn't see an update for my RC controller even with DJI Assistant.

The update is for the RC Pro, not the standard RC
2022-8-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-17 06:14
Good job, now I have a remote that works with 3 drones.

360 panos were the most interesting to me.  I tried one immediately after updating, in a break in the weather.  It was a calm day. The composited image has a stitching mismatch on the vertical axis at the start/finish line. The overall pano isn't bad, so I need to do some more testing to see if this was a one-off problem, or whether it's an issue.

2022-8-19
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

For those using the RC-N1 and Android devices.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=272203
2022-8-19
Use props
iaesteman
New
Flight distance : 30187 ft
North Macedonia

With this update I got Compass and IMU error and not able to fly the drone. I also got Gimbal error it doesn't allow me to calibrate stays at 0%...  Please help.
2022-8-19
Use props
fans32a3cf6b
lvl.1

United States

If I buy a new DJI Mini 3 Pro will I need to get a remote controller for it or can I go directly to the DJI RC Pro? Can I update the firmware on the Mini 3 Pro and the RC pro with my PC
2022-8-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interesting. That it also includes a battery update?
2022-8-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Amit Dunsky Posted at 8-18 02:01
So, just for the sake of clarification:
The Remote Controller firmware is updated to v01.01.0300, but the Fly App version remains 1.6.9 .
Can you confirm that?

That is indeed the case for the DJI RC still at 1.6.9. The RC Pro updates the Flyapp to 1.6.12.

I would assume that mismatched levels could cause issues.....?????
2022-8-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans32a3cf6b Posted at 8-19 16:48
If I buy a new DJI Mini 3 Pro will I need to get a remote controller for it or can I go directly to the DJI RC Pro? Can I update the firmware on the Mini 3 Pro and the RC pro with my PC

Yes your PC can update the drone without having a controller using DJI Assistant 2 Version . V2.1.10
2022-8-19
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

bjr981s Posted at 8-19 20:51
Interesting. That it also includes a battery update?

Yes, it includes new firmware for the battery.
2022-8-19
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

bjr981s Posted at 8-19 20:55
That is indeed the case for the DJI RC still at 1.6.9. The RC Pro updates the Flyapp to 1.6.12.

I would assume that mismatched levels could cause issues.....?????

Given that the major update introduced in 1.6.12 is the change of downloading from the drone directly to the phone gallery instead of downloading to the "app album", this is non relevant to the RC, so I guess there's no real reason for changing the version number for the RC fly app.
2022-8-20
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is another version of 1.6.12 available:

1.6.12 (build 1610) vs. 1.6.12 (build1600)

2022-8-20
Use props
PolAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 642073 ft
Australia

I appear to have lost the RTH button since the update. Anyone else had this issue?

The 'Land' option is still there, but not RTH.
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_eOYWWClpgB2G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145666 ft
Israel

PeterIOM Posted at 8-17 14:10
Will I have to update all my 4 batteries at all? Read on a FB post you do but I am not sure that is right.

Definitely yes!! you need to update all your four batteries.
2022-8-20
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Works great! Thanks!
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_YjXzbARsWPUR
lvl.1
Germany

Will the Fly App in the RC Controller also be updated to Version 1.6.12?
2022-8-20
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolAir Posted at 8-20 02:49
I appear to have lost the RTH button since the update. Anyone else had this issue?

Why do you need to use RTH if the drone is basically right next to you?  Fly further away and check again.  
2022-8-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YjXzbARsWPUR Posted at 8-20 13:57
Will the Fly App in the RC Controller also be updated to Version 1.6.12?

Nope, we are stuck with v1.6.9 forever now!

Of course the RC will be updated at some point.  The only question is how long it will be.  Quite honestly, based on the release notes, there really isn't any documented updates in 1.6.12 that RC users would benefit from.
2022-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PolAir Posted at 8-20 02:49

Are you in any of the features modes?
2022-8-21
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

KlooGee Posted at 8-21 05:17
Nope, we are stuck with v1.6.9 forever now!

Of course the RC will be updated at some point.  The only question is how long it will be.  Quite honestly, based on the release notes, there really isn't any documented updates in 1.6.12 that RC users would benefit from.

Most (if not all) changes in 1.6.12 are related to Phones (download photos and videos directly to the local gallery), and Android OS (version compatibility).
Given that, there isn't really anything related to the RC, so what's the point in upgrading to 1.6.12 when there's nothing to upgrade...???....
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules