New Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (09/26/2023)
108151 445 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wbear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28862 ft
United States

"but offering two different sw updates, allowing the pilot to choose which sw version they prefer....that's ridiculous, who does that?"
I don't know, how about a company that listens to it's customers desires for privacy until it is legally required and believes flying a 249g drone without ID is not a life and death situation. Ridiculous is your opinion not fact.

"don't like rid, should have partnered with me (and others) in the beginning to kill it off...we lost that fight just like we're going to lose recreational registration."
Pretty hard since I didn't own or know anything about drones until 4 months ago.

2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_VTH8GA8YXqaZ
New

United States

Awesome update. I Just hope it doesn’t over heat too much during updates.
2022-10-26
Use props
Bluenoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3896775 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this update DJI.
After a couple of months of having issues with my Tripltek 8 and my mini3 pro, this has finally fixed it!

2022-10-26
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

I hope from the support to take into account the demands of the Arab user.

Add Arabic to Dji apps

This and thanks to you

2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wbear Posted at 10-26 08:05
DJI says: "If you are operating a drone with a weight of 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) for purely recreational purposes, you do not need to register your drone or comply with the Remote ID rule, or upgrade the RID-compliant firmware for the Mini 3 Pro."

After stating the above why would DJI not offer users a version of the firmware update that does NOT include the remote ID function but has everything else?  As stated it is NOT required  so give us the choice! Once installed it cannot be turned off.

DJI says: "If you are operating a drone with a weight of 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) for purely recreational purposes, you do not need to register your drone or comply with the Remote ID rule, or upgrade the RID-compliant firmware for the Mini 3 Pro."

Where did you read any of that rubbish. Dji try to conform their manufacturing of drones to suit the rules of drone flying throughout the world. They don’t make the rules but try to do the best possible for their users to get the most out of flying their drones. Look to your own legislators FAA for the reasons dji are forced into complying to rules set by them. You live in a country where from when you first start school to where you shop big brother is watching your every move. But don’t blame the manufacturers who’s only job is to comply with regulations so they can trade with your country.
2022-10-26
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 10-26 09:51
wbear said "....why would DJI not offer users a version of the firmware update that does NOT include the remote ID function but has everything else?  As stated it is NOT required  so give us the choice! Once installed it cannot be turned off."

i think we are lucky that dji is not forcing you to take the sw update but that could happen [one day].  but offering two different sw updates, allowing the pilot to choose which sw version they prefer....that's ridiculous, who does that?  

Effectively do this update and sign away your ownership even in countries which don't require RID (yet).
It's like the WEF slogan you will own nothing and be happy but still have to pay for anything you want of course. DJI have form with other products e.g. Action 3 if you don't register with them via app or it fails to connect in some way, after five start up cycles it is bricked.
How is that considered Ok they might reasonably require registration for updates or even to validate warranty but they force registration or will make the camera you bought unusable
2022-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 10-26 11:59
Effectively do this update and sign away your ownership even in countries which don't require RID (yet).
It's like the WEF slogan you will own nothing and be happy but still have to pay for anything you want of course. DJI have form with other products e.g. Action 3 if you don't register with them via app or it fails to connect in some way, after five start up cycles it is bricked.
How is that considered Ok they might reasonably require registration for updates or even to validate warranty but they force registration or will make the camera you bought unusable

i dont think we know for sure if this update turns on the broadcast portion of the rid function within the drone.  let wait and see if this is confirmed since that function is not officially required until a year from now.  i understand the capabilities are enabled with this software but not sure if your details are being broadcast already.  would be surprised if they are.
2022-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wbear Posted at 10-26 10:38
"but offering two different sw updates, allowing the pilot to choose which sw version they prefer....that's ridiculous, who does that?"
I don't know, how about a company that listens to it's customers desires for privacy until it is legally required and believes flying a 249g drone without ID is not a life and death situation. Ridiculous is your opinion not fact.

sorry you are late to the game but that horse has long since left the barn.  rid is a thing and there's nothing "privacy" about it.  dji is absolutely not going to listen to customer's wishes when it comes to rid, hate to say it.  we fought that battle and lost.  but the war is not lost, there is round two about this time next year.  join the fight....
2022-10-26
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-26 12:26
sorry you are late to the game but that horse has long since left the barn.  rid is a thing and there's nothing "privacy" about it.  dji is absolutely not going to listen to customer's wishes when it comes to rid, hate to say it.  we fought that battle and lost.  but the war is not lost, there is round two about this time next year.  join the fight....

That I will do Saint!
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-26 12:16
i dont think we know for sure if this update turns on the broadcast portion of the rid function within the drone.  let wait and see if this is confirmed since that function is not officially required until a year from now.  i understand the capabilities are enabled with this software but not sure if your details are being broadcast already.  would be surprised if they are.

I noticed something with this update that I did not see with the update that enabled rid. With this update, I now have a RID serial number.
2022-10-26
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 11:52

Where did you read any of that rubbish. Dji try to conform their manufacturing of drones to suit the rules of drone flying throughout the world. They don’t make the rules but try to do the best possible for their users to get the most out of flying their drones. Look to your own legislators FAA for the reasons dji are forced into complying to rules set by them. You live in a country where from when you first start school to where you shop big brother is watching your every move. But don’t blame the manufacturers who’s only job is to comply with regulations so they can trade with your country.

That is part of a Quote from DJI in their publication put out a few days ago:
"FAA Remote ID Compliance User Guide-FAQ"

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D580%26typeid%3D580

#16. I bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro just for fun, do I still need to comply with Remote ID rule?
All pilots of drones requiring registration must comply with Remote ID rule. If you are operating a drone with a weight of 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) for purely recreational purposes, you do not need to register your drone or comply with the Remote ID rule, or upgrade the RID-compliant firmware for the Mini 3 Pro. Please follow the official FAA website for the latest drone regulations or changes.

That's why I'm po'd  they are forcing ID on us when they themselves say it's not necessary.
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Wbear Posted at 10-26 13:21

DJI cannot know if the drone will be used by someone who requires registration or rid. To code two different firmwares is not feasible. By U.S. law, the rid cannot be bypassed or disabled.
2022-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

"FAA Remote ID Compliance

I think your header says it all, its compliance for and by the FAA.

What do you expect dji to do if the FAA makes rules after they release their drones. Like give you your money back take the hit for your FAA decision, or be ready to comply if that is the rule.

Go to the FAA and tell them they spoilt your fun, grow up if you don’t like it you can sell it. If you just got it for fun, then you won't need the update Its a hugely popular drone your not going to lose much on selling it.
2022-10-26
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-26 13:33
DJI cannot know if the drone will be used by someone who requires registration or rid. To code two different firmwares is not feasible. By U.S. law, the rid cannot be bypassed or disabled.

Have the drone check which battery is installed.
2022-10-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

fans5d3e3440 Posted at 10-26 14:42
Have the drone check which battery is installed.

Battery really has little to do with it. If it's a Part 107 flight, then registration and rid are mandated.
2022-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-26 13:14
I noticed something with this update that I did not see with the update that enabled rid. With this update, I now have a RID serial number.

the new rid serial number will allow you to choose rid-enabled at faa.gov when you register.  wonder if those details are being broadcast perhaps you can download one of the new detection apps, free for anyone and everybody who wants one, and see if you can pick up your drone.  if it's on and mini 3 is broadcasting, i guess that makes sep 2023 moot for dji drones.
2022-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

you're trying to widen the gap between commercial and recreational when in fact the gap is closely quickly.  my guess is in the next couple years, none of it will make much of a difference.
2022-10-26
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-26 13:33

1. I'd say if China can send a craft to the moon and return it they can handle coding two separate firmware's.
2. Since the firmware can be flashed and re-flashed the end user can choose the one they need. DJI does not then have to know what the use will be.  The owner will decide and that is the way it should always be in a non nanny state.
3. If the RID firmware is not installed on my Mini 3 and my use does not require RID/registration then I won't have to bypass or disable anything and no law will be broken.
4. New motto: FREE THE DRONE.
2022-10-26
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-26 16:21
the new rid serial number will allow you to choose rid-enabled at faa.gov when you register.  wonder if those details are being broadcast perhaps you can download one of the new detection apps, free for anyone and everybody who wants one, and see if you can pick up your drone.  if it's on and mini 3 is broadcasting, i guess that makes sep 2023 moot for dji drones.

I asked on the other thread musing about RID, if anyone actuall knows how it's going to be broadcast.  I doubt there's any cellular hardware built in, which only leaves very short distance options.
And I'm not sure a mandatory hardware add-on would fly (pun intended).

2022-10-26
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-26 14:24
"FAA Remote ID Compliance

I think your header says it all, its compliance for and by the FAA.

"What do you expect dji to do if the FAA makes rules after they release their drones. Like give you your money back take the hit for your FAA decision, or be ready to comply if that is the rule."

First it's not the rule now and second since RID is firmware not hardware the drone can be made compliant at anytime so no problem.

"Go to the FAA and tell them they spoilt your fun, grow up if you don’t like it you can sell it."

Ok Dad, Ill get right on that!
2022-10-26
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 10-26 09:40
"When the firmware update is complete, the Remote ID function cannot be disabled, and DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later is required to fly the aircraft in the United States."

I am in Canada.  How do I disable RID on my Mini 3 Pro?

I personally don't care, even if there is no such requirement in Canada.
They can broadcast whatever.  Doesn't bother me one bit.
Me standing outside with the controller flying the drone is pretty visible and obvious to anyone near me or passing by.
2022-10-26
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

CloudVisual Posted at 8-18 09:09
See above. Strictly speaking it's ISO priority I'm asking for.

It does have ISO priority.

In Pro mode you can now select ISO or shutter priority. Set the ISO and leave shutter on Auto or set the shutter and leave ISO on Auto. Or take both out of auto and you're back in manual just like prior to the update. Or leave both on Auto and you're in Auto in "Pro" mode.

The best part of shutter priority is the ISO moves in 1/10th stops. Much better than full stop ISO increments in full manual.

Cheers!
2022-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wbear Posted at 10-26 16:26
1. I'd say if China can send a craft to the moon and return it they can handle coding two separate firmware's.
2. Since the firmware can be flashed and re-flashed the end user can choose the one they need. DJI does not then have to know what the use will be.  The owner will decide and that is the way it should always be in a non nanny state.
3. If the RID firmware is not installed on my Mini 3 and my use does not require RID/registration then I won't have to bypass or disable anything and no law will be broken.

welcome to the forum wbear, nice to see you.  #4 i agree with.

unfortunately if you let the user choose, 99% of the pilots will flash their drone with firmware #2 and claim ignorance.  the mere availability of a sanctioned sw update is enough to absolve the pilot and may even implicate dji (who cannot in good faith file that notice of compliance at the same time rolling out a shadow sw version).  dji isn't going to take on that liability.  there are no rules or laws that specify pilot culpability.

you sounds like a good candidate for rogue or hacked sw which is bound to be available; not to worry.
2022-10-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wbear Posted at 10-26 08:05

After stating the above why would DJI not offer users a version of the firmware update that does NOT include the remote ID function but has everything else?  As stated it is NOT required  so give us the choice! Once installed it cannot be turned off.

Thats nothing compared to what DJI are doing to the UK with regards to the "Plus Battery", they have restricted all sales of it to outside of Europe for the most part. In the UK, under 250g it is STILL MTOW and NOT MTOM, therefore the restriction on the sale of said battery is moot.

Not only that, we can also fly it under other categories such as sub 500g or sub 2kg yet they still restrict the sale making it hard to get one or very costly, heck, we cannot even get a friend in another "allowed to purchase" country and have it shipped here, yep, they even restrict shipping (through DJI)

So in my mind a wee "ID" update is neither here nor there especially if you're flying above board, it will only be an issue for you if you're flying illegally so its also a moot point.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_3R8lcvr33AjU
New

Singapore

Anyone here know how to write Remote ID into DJI Mini 3 Pro RC or DJI Fly App? Anyone here and enlighten me on flying Mini 3 Pro in Japan?
2022-10-26
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_VTH8GA8YXqaZ Posted at 10-26 11:33
Awesome update. I Just hope it doesn’t over heat too much during updates.

It actually ran smoothly on my M3P and RC - no weird warnings or shutdowns
2022-10-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DNG Vignetting, colour shift and missing images in top row of Sphere still present in this version.
As reported for the last 4 Firmware updates, no changes, unresolved.
Please remember, when you look at your images through a file browser, it will show you the embedded jpg thumbnail (which is corrected) however this does not apply for the DNGs.

Please see details in that thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid2804911

2022-10-26
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

In Pro mode you can now select ISO or shutter priority. Set the ISO and leave shutter on Auto or set the shutter and leave ISO on Auto. Or take both out of auto and you're back in manual just like prior to the update. Or leave both on Auto and you're in Auto in "Pro" mode.

The best part of shutter priority is the ISO moves in 1/10th stops. Much better than full stop ISO increments in full manual.

Cheers!
2022-10-26
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

AVsupport Posted at 10-26 21:11
DNG Vignetting, colour shift and missing images in top row of Sphere still present in this version.
As reported for the last 4 Firmware updates, no changes, unresolved.
Please remember, when you look at your images through a file browser, it will show you the embedded jpg thumbnail (which is corrected) however this does not apply for the DNGs.

Dear AVsupport, I know it will be no consolation to you, but you still don't seem to have the two programs that make your problems irrelevant, despite your immense selection of photoediting software: DxO PureRaw 2 (or DxO PhotoLab) and PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. While it's bitter to have spent so much money on PTGui, the program obviously doesn't seem to manage to eliminate the vignetting (PS3P, by the way, manages to do this on its own - without PureRaw! - only with the original DNGs).

Or can you see even a trace of vignetting in these panos?: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776 They were exclusively developed in PureRaw and stitched with PS3P. Without any profiles (except the ones from DxO) or Camera Raw assistance!

Incidentally, any subsequent modification of the DJI RAW data is likely to cause some issues with DxO's current profiles, which have been precisely calibrated to the Mini 3 DNGs. This would in turn upset a lot of DxO buyers...

As sad as it is - I don't think there will be a corresponding adjustment from DJI in the Mini 3's lifetime.
2022-10-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 10-26 17:53

In Pro mode you can now select ISO or shutter priority. Set the ISO and leave shutter on Auto or set the shutter and leave ISO on Auto. Or take both out of auto and you're back in manual just like prior to the update. Or leave both on Auto and you're in Auto in "Pro" mode.

The last bit is important - old drones it only worked in full stop increments so produced fairly horrible jarring exposure changes.
2022-10-27
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-26 18:54
Thats nothing compared to what DJI are doing to the UK with regards to the "Plus Battery", they have restricted all sales of it to outside of Europe for the most part. In the UK, under 250g it is STILL MTOW and NOT MTOM, therefore the restriction on the sale of said battery is moot.

Not only that, we can also fly it under other categories such as sub 500g or sub 2kg yet they still restrict the sale making it hard to get one or very costly, heck, we cannot even get a friend in another "allowed to purchase" country and have it shipped here, yep, they even restrict shipping (through DJI)

That isn't necessarily true for the RID methods in use.
It allows *anyone* to detect and get the location and details of the drone user.

So even if flying 100% legally you can have someone that just hates drones turn up to threaten, harass, rob,attack or anything else.
It reduces the safety of all users, even those operating completely within the regulations.
2022-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 10-27 02:22
It allows *anyone* to detect and get the location and details of the drone user.

Why would "just anyone" have the correct equipment to do this, why would they even think to do this?
I don't think it works like that either, i think that it will only send out your goverment flyer ID not your personal info
2022-10-27
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is the part I'm concerned with as well.  If I'm in my backyard using the drone to check my gutters, the last thing I need is some vigilante coming after me.

I can understand the need for RID (how many times have we seen idiots approaching airplanes near airports, or the Mini 3 at the dodgers game).  But allowing anyone to be able to read and decode the drone's broadcast info is asking for trouble.
2022-10-27
Use props
Moralo_14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186893 ft
Spain

Have autofocus issues been fixed in the 2022.10.26 update?
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wbear Posted at 10-26 16:38
"What do you expect dji to do if the FAA makes rules after they release their drones. Like give you your money back take the hit for your FAA decision, or be ready to comply if that is the rule."

First it's not the rule now and second since RID is firmware not hardware the drone can be made compliant at anytime so no problem.

FAA rules state that all drones need to have remote ID installed by sept 2023. So do you not think drone manufacturers need to be seen to be on top of their game , you are not compelled to set this up you have a choice and you’re still loosing your s**t , only a certain amount of people will bark about this.

You live in a country that doesn’t allow you to scratch your A$$ without surveillance recording you and you’re complaining about this. You cannot go to school without being searched attend nightclubs without being searched etc this is the least of your scrutiny problems.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

So people millions of are flying drones everyday. Tell us just how many have been beaten up robbed or worse for flying them. Im not hearing much of this going on. But you think these thugs will download apps follow gps to track down a mini owner beat the living daylights out of him and rob him. But because there was no app the guy they see flying in the park is not a target. More silly conspiracies. Im surprised they don’t usually start on this side of the pond.
Really people who hate drones will be more likely to beat up and rob drone users "just because they know where they are"
2022-10-27
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 04:15
So people millions of are flying drones everyday. Tell us just how many have been beaten up robbed or worse for flying them. Im not hearing much of this going on. But you think these thugs will download apps follow gps to track down a mini owner beat the living daylights out of him and rob him. But because there was no app the guy they see flying in the park is not a target. More silly conspiracies. Im surprised they don’t usually start on this side of the pond.
Really people who hate drones will be more likely to beat up and rob drone users "just because they know where they are"

I agree with you, and I don't think this will be the wild west or anything like that.  But there will be cases where people that have no idea about drones will take it upon themselves to act.

My biggest issue will be with cops who will make up the laws as they see fit and seek out drone pilots to make a point.  Not RID related, but here's an example where the guy has to fight in court what the police spent 30 mins trying to figure out what to charge him with to make a point

I would have walked away.  He'll probably win the court case, but I doubt it will stop the next cop from doing the same.
2022-10-27
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

AtortAloha Posted at 10-26 05:26
Where are u seeing aperture priority it says shutter priority and ISO priority.

My post was months ago when someone was complaining that there was no Aperture Priority - I explained to them then that we needed ISO Priority - and now we have it  - Amazing work DJI...
2022-10-27
Use props
Wbear
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 04:07
FAA rules state that all drones need to have remote ID installed by sept 2023. So do you not think drone manufacturers need to be seen to be on top of their game , you are not compelled to set this up you have a choice and you’re still loosing your s**t , only a certain amount of people will bark about this.

You live in a country that doesn’t allow you to scratch your A$$ without surveillance recording you and you’re complaining about this. You cannot go to school without being searched attend nightclubs without being searched etc this is the least of your scrutiny problems.

Oh my God I just spit up my mouthful of coffee.
I have heard it all now. Someone in the UK commenting about the lack of freedom in the US from surveillance recording, search or any freedom for that matter!
Have you ever heard of the saying "The pot calling the kettle black"?  Sorry mate but I would rank the UK a little below China when it comes to freedom/nanny state/rules. You have rules about rules about those rules.

Don't get me wrong I like the UK, all of my ancestors were from the British Isles. Someday I hope to visit there if your rules will let me in.
2022-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wbear Posted at 10-27 05:38
Oh my God I just spit up my mouthful of coffee.
I have heard it all now. Someone in the UK commenting about the lack of freedom in the US from surveillance recording, search or any freedom for that matter!
Have you ever heard of the saying "The pot calling the kettle black"?  Sorry mate but I would rank the UK a little below China when it comes to freedom/nanny state/rules. You have rules about rules about those rules.

Wow you really do go around putting your foot in your mouth. No bigger insult can you make to an Irishman than to proclaim him British .
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules