Phantom 4 RTK not connecting to the D-RTK 2 mobile station
3387 9 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gees
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38596 ft
Somalia

I have an issue in connecting our newly purchased Phantom 4 RTK drone to the D-RTK 2 mobile station, although I am knew in this type of the drone I followed as per the instruction:
  • I updated the Firmware of all the Remote Controller(RC), Aircraft and the D-RTK 2 mobile station using the DJI Assistant 2.
  • I turned on the D-RTK 2 mobile station, and waited until the Power indicator turned SOLID GREEN, and the operating mode indicator is FLASHING GREEN ONCE
  • I turned on the Remote controller and pressed the D-RTK 2 mobile station link button, then tried to link it from the RC, here is where the problem comes, The RC is searching for the D-RTK 2 mobile station by beeping and the D-RTK 2 mobile station link indicator is blinking RED AND GREEN but they are not connecting together, I tried different times and waited sometimes up to 20 minutes without respond.
As per below I noticed Remote Controller, Aircraft and D-RTK 2 mobile station are running different firmware update. Can this cause the issue?
Remote Controller v02.02.0607
Aircraft : v02.02.0608
D-RTK 2 mobile station: v03.01.0000.
Your guidance and support on this is highly appreciated.
Gees

2022-8-17
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Gees-

Sorry you haven't had any responses to this post. I've had intermittent problems linking and unlinking my D-RTK 2's, especially when trying to use them for "Mode 3" (which is basically a joke) and then going back to "Mode 1". And yes, out-of-sync firmware can play a role in these kind of things. But you very well may have some bad hardware if it is brand new and you can't get it to connect (and never have).

I suggest you contact DJI Tech Support if you haven't already and the problem persists.

Let us know how it goes!
2022-8-20
Use props
NICODESCH
lvl.2
Canada

I have exactelly the same pb.
Anyone has a respond ????
2022-9-16
Use props
LucGirod
lvl.2

Norway

Here because I have the same issue.

My phantom works great in N-RTK mode, and my D-RTK2 works great with my M300RTK. I just can't get the P4RTK and the D-RTK2 to work together.

It also seem that I can update:
-the controller to version 02.03.0330 (and there's a 03.01.0000 listed but it doesn't get installed)
-the P4RTK to 02.02.608 (a version that doesn't exist for the controller, only 02.02.607 is a common version)
-the D-RTK2 to 03.01.0000 or 02.02.607 (but since I already went for 03.01.0000, I can't go backwards).

Seems that 02.02.607 would be the winning combo, but I can't get the D-RTK2 back to that (update fails at 15%, and the doc says that it CAN'T be downgraded...)

Looks like DJI had planned to get everything to v03, but...hasn't
2022-9-20
Use props
Gees
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38596 ft
Somalia

SOLVED!!!
Dear all,
Thanks for your comments, I have contacted to DJI technical support and shared the serial numbers of the D-RTK2 and the Drone, they informed me that my D-RTK2 and the Drone are not in the same frequency that is why I was not able to pair them, i.e the D-RTK2 was using the frequency of 5.8G which is designed for North America & Australia & Taiwan, Province of China & Brazil and Drone were using 2.4G which is designed for EU.
I am now in the process of replacing my DRTK2 thru my dealer.
In short, your Drone AND D-RTK2 should be using the same frequency, 2.4G or G.8G to pair them successfully.
To confirm that your drone and the DRTK2 are in the same frequency please send both SN to the technical unit.
I hope it somehow Helps.
Thanks
Gees

Thanks
Gees
2022-9-22
Use props
Klerp
lvl.1

United States

Gees Posted at 9-22 06:46
SOLVED!!!
Dear all,
Thanks for your comments, I have contacted to DJI technical support and shared the serial numbers of the D-RTK2 and the Drone, they informed me that my D-RTK2 and the Drone are not in the same frequency that is why I was not able to pair them, i.e the D-RTK2 was using the frequency of 5.8G which is designed for North America & Australia & Taiwan, Province of China & Brazil and Drone were using 2.4G which is designed for EU.

Was the frequency mismatch a result of your D-RTK 2 upgrade to  v03.01.0000 ? How did you confirm the frequencies?

I am having the same issue, same firmware versions per DJI direction... I am going to try this again tomorrow and see if I can troubleshoot this one more time before going back to DJI
2022-9-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Klerp Posted at 9-22 18:05
Was the frequency mismatch a result of your D-RTK 2 upgrade to  v03.01.0000 ? How did you confirm the frequencies?

I am having the same issue, same firmware versions per DJI direction... I am going to try this again tomorrow and see if I can troubleshoot this one more time before going back to DJI

Not sure but as I understand it this is more an issue of the hw delivered to the end user and then the fw that is aimed at those units.
I could be totally wrong. I have no insider information or other knowledge beyond being a usr in the USA and follower of these forums,
2022-9-23
Use props
LucGirod
lvl.2

Norway

I got in touch with customer support and they told me something about a country code that was wrong. I guess it then meant that it was operating in a wrong sub-mode.

In any case, it has been sent to the repair center in the Netherland (I guess that's the place for Europe), and the main board is being switched.
2022-10-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LucGirod Posted at 10-5 03:46
I got in touch with customer support and they told me something about a country code that was wrong. I guess it then meant that it was operating in a wrong sub-mode.

In any case, it has been sent to the repair center in the Netherland (I guess that's the place for Europe), and the main board is being switched.

Thanks for clarification that it was not a fw upgrade that borked your unit- it was the wrong hw for your region.
2022-10-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Klerp Posted at 9-22 18:05

I am having the same issue, same firmware versions per DJI direction... I am going to try this again tomorrow and see if I can troubleshoot this one more time before going back to DJI

Gees explained twice that he confirmed the frequencies of his aircraft and RC by sending their SNs to DJI technical support.
2022-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules