Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC - AIRSENSE NOT WORKING?
2090 15 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI RC is a nice little remote.  BUT, it disconnects from Wifi upon launch of the drone.  This causes maps to not update.  
Most important, I'm also finding that Airsense is not updating.  Helicopters and planes flying by within less than 1Km are not showing up... which is DANGEROUS.

Is there something that needs to be done in order to get Airsense to work on the RC?  NOTE: Aircraft is the Mavic 3 (NOT M3P)

Thanks!  Sky

2022-8-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The Mini 3 Pro does not have AirSense. If it did, it still does not require wifi to operate. There is a receiver on the craft that relays the info to the controller.
2022-8-17
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

AFAIK - there is no Airsense feature on the DJI RC that comes with the Mini 3 pro?
2022-8-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sounds like you are using it with the Manic 3. As of currently the Manic 3 has issues for some of us with Airsense, we are hoping for an update that will magically fix it.
2022-8-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-17 12:44
The Mini 3 Pro does not have AirSense. If it did, it still does not require wifi to operate. There is a receiver on the craft that relays the info to the controller.

Interesting.  I wasn't aware whether Airsense needed a constant data connection to work.  Can you provide me with a source to that info?

Note, Aircraft is the Mavic 3 (NOT M3P)
2022-8-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HarleyFlyer Posted at 8-17 12:45
AFAIK - there is no Airsense feature on the DJI RC that comes with the Mini 3 pro?

Updated the post to reflect aircraft type is Mavic 3, not Mini 3 Pro.
2022-8-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 8-17 13:18
Sounds like you are using it with the Manic 3. As of currently the Manic 3 has issues for some of us with Airsense, we are hoping for an update that will magically fix it.

Ah, I was not aware that this is a known issue.  Thank you for the info.  I assumed the issues were due to losing data connection.  Airsense was working find when using the Go app on my phone, with the original remote.

Yes, using the Mavic 3, not Mini 3 Pro.

2022-8-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

sky_makai Posted at 8-17 16:03
Ah, I was not aware that this is a known issue.  Thank you for the info.  I assumed the issues were due to losing data connection.  Airsense was working find when using the Go app on my phone, with the original remote.

Yes, using the Mavic 3, not Mini 3 Pro.

air sense does not need a data connection to receive ADS-B signals from manned aircrafts.
2022-8-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

ADSB out is a radio transmission from the manned craft. It has nothing to do with data. Just like receiving a FM radio station.
2022-8-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-17 18:11
ADSB out is a radio transmission from the manned craft. It has nothing to do with data. Just like receiving a FM radio station.

Ah, very cool.  

Do we know if the drone needs to be at a certain elevation for Airsense to start working?
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

2022-8-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 19:43
Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. For additional reference, the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IpXt7FBFBU

Thank you, DJI Stephen.

Is there any troubleshooting steps when Airsense doesn't seem to be working?

I'm using the new DJI RC with the Mavic 3.

Thanks, Sky
2022-8-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

With the update that allowed the 2S RC Pro work with the M3, DJI also lowered the sensitivity threshold for the warning.. Before, the warning would activate if a plane was several miles and any altitude. After, it would only go off if a plane was almost on top of me. I am still testing, but it seems as though the sensitivity has been turned up just a little. Had a warning last evening with plane at 2500' altitude and 5000' distance.. Open the map and it will show planes out to about 50,000' distance. One other question - do you have AirSense turned on? Safety tab, advanced. How do you have AirSense set? There are three settings in the map. I keep mine set on the most sensitive. Air 2S here.
2022-8-18
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-18 08:08
With the update that allowed the 2S RC Pro work with the M3, DJI also lowered the sensitivity threshold for the warning.. Before, the warning would activate if a plane was several miles and any altitude. After, it would only go off if a plane was almost on top of me. I am still testing, but it seems as though the sensitivity has been turned up just a little. Had a warning last evening with plane at 2500' altitude and 5000' distance.. Open the map and it will show planes out to about 50,000' distance. One other question - do you have AirSense turned on? Safety tab, advanced. How do you have AirSense set? There are three settings in the map. I keep mine set on the most sensitive. Air 2S here.

Yes, I'm noticing two issues.  Note, I'm on the Mavic 3 and the new DJI RC.
I'm comparing the iPhone app vs the RC.

One, there are significant dropouts of Airsense data.  One moment a plane is showing up, the next it disappears.

Two, while using the new DJI RC, the radius of Airsense seems to only be ONLY 1000'.  Which for a fast moving aircraft is very close.

The remote has some welcome additions.  A second knob, which I set to exposure compensation, dual photo/video buttons,  two custom buttons, and a screen that (in my testing) doesn't dim during use (a common issue with the iPhone app).

This leaves me to consider returning the RC and just using the iPhone app.  The app is more responsive and seems to have better functionality.  

Finally, I continue to struggle with the exposure tools.  This is iPhone/RC agnostic and is an issue with the UI.  Zebras seem to only work in Normal and HLG (or 5K in D-Log, with Color Display Assist).  The zebras seem to be set at 95 IRE only.  
I'm happy that DJI made the Histogram unaffected by Color Display Assist, but oddly it still is affected iin 5K mode.

Now, we just need the ability to change the zebra level (to 85 or where D-Log clips).  And, to load custom LUTs, so that we can expose for more than just the DJI LUT (which is grossly underexposing).
2022-8-18
Use props
fans06dec499
New
Flight distance : 1107897 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bump on this post as I'm also having the same issue with my DJI RC remote on my new Mavic 3 Classic as of December 2022.

I fly near a local airport about once a month for commercial work and always used to get notifications on my Air2S. I'm not receiving any or maybe few Airsense notifications then they disappear with my RC remote paired with my Mavic 3 Classic. It's a bit concerning when I actually see a low altitude airplane and I want to make sure I'm not in their flight path while getting survey images for a client. I'll try adjusting the sensitivity to see if that helps any as recommended.
2022-12-17
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans06dec499 Posted at 2022-12-17 07:27
Bump on this post as I'm also having the same issue with my DJI RC remote on my new Mavic 3 Classic as of December 2022.

I fly near a local airport about once a month for commercial work and always used to get notifications on my Air2S. I'm not receiving any or maybe few Airsense notifications then they disappear with my RC remote paired with my Mavic 3 Classic. It's a bit concerning when I actually see a low altitude airplane and I want to make sure I'm not in their flight path while getting survey images for a client. I'll try adjusting the sensitivity to see if that helps any as recommended.

I went back to using iOS.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules