DJI GO APP Camera mode
13736 19 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soelv-si
New

Norway

Hello,

I dont get to the camera mode in the DJI GO App when I choose the "Equipent" page. Do I need to turn on the drone with updated firmware to make it work?

2015-8-6
Use props
jipmars
lvl.2

Netherlands

You have to connect to your bird to get the camera view!
2015-8-6
Use props
Phantom George
lvl.1

Australia

My DJI Go download it automatically on my iPad mini 2. I had no longer communication with my aircraft. Downloaded the Firmware update and installed it first onto the Aircraft and then onto the MC. Bingo all went perfectly fine from thee on.
2015-8-7
Use props
kjstout
lvl.1
United States

Phantom George Posted at 2015-8-8 05:30
My DJI Go download it automatically on my iPad mini 2. I had no longer communication with my aircraf ...

Regarding the camera mode access. I had an LG android tablet and I could not access the Camera mode either. I connected the remote to the DJI and cable to tablet. Nothing. tried everything.
I then went to a Drone store to buy a DJI backpack (love it) and asked if they would try their in store aircraft. As soon as we launch the DJI GO the camera mode access appeared. I took it home re-hooked it to may aircraft and it worked. Even when completely disconnected and the all systems are off on the DJI the DJI Go will launch and allow me to go to camera mode. Of course it shows disconnected to the DJI P3 but it still allows you to go into the camera mode. Now I tried another tablet and again the same issue. It will not go to the camera mode no matter what you do. Any ideas anybody?  Thanks
2015-8-16
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

kjstout Posted at 2015-8-17 09:23
Regarding the camera mode access. I had an LG android tablet and I could not access the Camera mode ...

Interesting. I just downloaded DJI GO for my Samsung device.., and encountered the same issue.
No problems with my IPad Air 2.

The controller links with the Phantom 3. I can even fly it.
But instead of saying "Enter Camera View".., it is replaced with "How To Connect".

I really feel for non-Apple users. I had to spend $620 on an apple tablet.., just so I could fly without apps crashing.
2015-8-18
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-8-19 04:48
Interesting. I just downloaded DJI GO for my Samsung device.., and encountered the same issue.
No  ...

Found this in another thread;

"Also bear in mind that if you updated to the DJI Go app but have NOT installed the very latest firmware to your phantom and transmitter, the go app will NOT see your hardware, I had this today. So make sure you have installed latest firmware update." -Dion.lazerlight

This may be why user 'KJStout' could connect to the stores phantom 3.
I have not updated my P3 yet either. (Wanted to research bugs before updating, make sure there aren't any new issues.)
Worth a try.
2015-8-18
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

I have noticed that the 1st time you launch the app on a  phone or tablet you need to connect the aircraft to enter camera view.  After this initial connection you do not need to connect the aircraft this is because the App is used for all aircraft and it needs to identify which aircraft you have.  
2015-8-19
Use props
kjstout
lvl.1
United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-8-19 07:05
Found this in another thread;

"Also bear in mind that if you updated to the DJI Go app but have N ...

Kit, Thanks and you are right. I thought the remote had been updated and was not. Seems to work now.
2015-8-20
Use props
Phantom George
lvl.1

Australia

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-8-19 04:48
No  ...

Same here, IOS works really well now.
2015-8-21
Use props
me.juzzaweb
New

United Kingdom

This might help fellow Android users.

Brand new user here.  So new that I have never ever flown any kind of RC unit until today.

Anyway, my Phantom 3 Pro only arrived on Saturday so I spent most of that day just looking at it and understanding.  Read, some of the manual but manly watched YouTube videos so when I was confident enough I thought I would fire it up indoors without the blades attached.

Then there was a problem.  The RC unit was talking to the drone and I could move the camera but I was getting no camera image on my phone.  This was a catch 22 situation because I had no idea at the time if I need to do a firmware update as I couldn't get it to connect.

I tried a Samsung S4 and S6 Edge.  I tried a Nexus 7 tablet and nothing.  Tried various cables and still nothing.

Eventually, I enable developer settings on my phone and then enabled USB Debugging and instantly it came up with a message saying would I allow this device (the RC unit/drone) to talk to my phone.  Of course I said yes and BINGO I had a camera image.

Did the same settings on my S6 Edge and Nexus and now they all work.

Don't want to teach anyone how to suck eggs but just in case you don't know this is how you enable the settings on your phone for various versions of Android.

http://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-enable-usb-debugging-mode-on-android.htm
2015-8-23
Use props
bbold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4367 ft

United States

I know what you mean, im android guy cause i feel apple is gor ing us to buy only their stuff and from tbem, but in order to fly wih a better operating  tablet I now forced to come up with funds gir an I-Pad Air 2
2015-8-23
Use props
bbold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4367 ft

United States

Very sorry  about spelling. I did not proof read before posting. Auto suggest gets me in trouble  all the time
2015-8-23
Use props
Phantom George
lvl.1

Australia

Regarding the camera mode access. I had an LG android tablet and I could not access the Camera mode ...

yes all fixed now. Updated Aircraft and the DJI Go works well. Only I can not find anymore the video director, or how to process the picture ore videos through the DJI Go App?
2015-8-23
Use props
tyblue22
New

United States

Phantom George Posted at 2015-8-24 15:10
yes all fixed now. Updated Aircraft and the DJI Go works well. Only I can not find anymore the vid ...

HERE IS THE FIX:
while your phone is connected to the remote control, and the power is on to the remote control and aircraft do this.....
in your phone, go to settings, and enter into 'developer mode' (google how to do it)
developer settings on phone and then enabled USB Debugging and instantly it came up with a message saying would I allow this device (the RC unit/drone) to talk to my phone.

once you enable, camera view shows up
2015-8-25
Use props
nrg28031
New

United States

TROUBLE CONNECTING ANDROIDS TO DJI GO APP:
OK here's a solution. This worked for me as I had the same problem after the automatic update from PILOT APP to GO APP.
When launching the DJI GO app for the first time on an Android. The app will say, "HOW TO CONNECT". It will continue to say that and not say, "ENTER CAMERA VIEW". To get it to say ENTER CAMERA VIEW you must connect your USB cable from your ANDROID to your Controller. The first time you do that the Android will ask you if you want to connect it as a USB STORAGE DEVICE? Pull down the options and tell it no, that you want to connect it as a MEDIA DEVICE (MTP). Once this is done it will never ask you again, and ENTER CAMERA VIEW will now always be displayed on your DJI GO app instead of HOW TO CONNECT.
2015-8-26
Use props
gast1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51453 ft
United States

me.juzzaweb Posted at 2015-8-23 16:54
This might help fellow Android users.

Brand new user here.  So new that I have never ever flown any ...

I had the same issue, and as soon enable the developer debugger, the Camera mode was available.
2015-8-28
Use props
timo.steipe
New

Tanzania

I have the Problem that even with debugging on it doesnt work and displays : how to connect
2015-8-31
Use props
riccardocorbari
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487077 ft
Italy

Same problem here, but with iOS (both iPhone 6 and iPad Air), so it's not an Android only issue.

I updated the P3P FW (it arrived on Tuesday, brand new never flown) but since the DJI Go app cannot enter the camera mode, I don't know how to update the RC firmware.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
2015-9-2
Use props
jonjohns
New

United States

tyblue22 Posted at 2015-8-26 06:18
HERE IS THE FIX:
while your phone is connected to the remote control, and the power is on to the  ...

Awesome advice!!  Once I googled how to do the USB debugging and got that enabled, I got the camera view...Thanks!!
2015-9-11
Use props
rodmael
New

United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-8-18 13:48
No  ...

Agree.  My Samsung S5 worked well for a while and then everything that has been described in the other threads happened.  Spent the money for an Apple Ipad and things work.  Sigh.....sometimes we have to throw more money at a project to get satisfactory results.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules