3153 13 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShaneYeager
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912507 ft
United States

Hey!

Is anyone else having glitchy or poorly functioning audio on their camera?

We have tried everything and it continues to be an issue.

Using the rode lav mics, audio will come in and out, same with a shotgun. I've tried multiple cables etc.

Sometimes the audio channel selection will work if you choose left and left line, other times that glitches or doesn't work and greys audio options out but they are still clickable.

Seems like a firmware bug.
2022-8-17
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I managed to use the rode mics successfully.

Try a different 3.5mm cable to the camera - sometimes you get issues there.

I will try again and double check.

2022-8-18
Use props
ShaneYeager
lvl.2
United States

rone4d Posted at 8-18 03:58
I managed to use the rode mics successfully.

Try a different 3.5mm cable to the camera - sometimes you get issues there.

Bumping.

We tried a hardwired shotgun and it keeps dropping signal during recording.

It'll get audio for a bit then every 3-8s at random lose all levels.

I tired 4 dirrent mini cables including a screw in sennheiser and same issue. It doesn't make sense?

I want to make sure it's not a bad unit/board and just a bug.
2022-9-4
Use props
oboyprod
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I experienced the same issue. If you have the video transmission module, DJI Support suggested it could cause problems with the wireless go. I ended up switching to an older Rode Filmmakers kit, mounted the receiver as far away from the video transmitter as possible, and got better results...but it looked ridiculous.  

I was planning to invest in the tentacle sync audio solution once the new firmware came available.  However, once I updated the firmware on everything (camera, monitor, and transmission module) the issue appeared to be resolved!  I'm still testing but already experiencing much better results just using the DJi Mic solution.  I haven't tested the WirelessGo because I prefer using the DJI Mics now but it could be a place to start for resolving the problem.
2022-9-6
Use props
ShaneYegs
lvl.2
United States

Hey DJI Mods. My unit is still having audio issues. It could be an entire cam issue.

Can we please investigate?
2022-10-5
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

ShaneYegs Posted at 10-5 19:34
Hey DJI Mods. My unit is still having audio issues. It could be an entire cam issue.

Can we please investigate?

We shot a documentary with the Rode Shotgun mic connected to the DJI Mic transmiter and audio is ok.
Maybe your cable is picking up static from the antennas, you should try a different band for the wireless transmitter and see if that fixes the issue.

We didnt mount the shotgun mic on the camera because it always picks the buzzing sound from the gmbal engine, so we went wireless and recorded both internally on the L/R channels and in the dji transmitters. The only issues we had happened because of a bad ssd drive that crashed the camera and when the transmiter/receiver ran out of juice.
2022-10-6
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

same problem. Used rode wireless go and dji mic.  sound sometimes good  sometimes not glitchy. i don't know how change band
2022-11-17
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

fansd8781149 Posted at 11-17 23:46
same problem. Used rode wireless go and dji mic.  sound sometimes good  sometimes not glitchy. i don't know how change band

On the DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor, tap to enter video transmission channel settings to switch the channel mode. Channels 1 and 2 are 2.4ghz and normally introduce more interference. Channel 4 and 5 are 5.8 (is my understanding since its not clearly stated).
Try those two channels and check which one gives you better results.
2022-11-18
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I tried to change the frequency but it does not change. after a minute of waiting again the same frequency.
2023-1-7
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How is there not a solution for this im having the same problem with multiple mics, i even bought the DJI mic system and its terrible, how can audio be unusable on a video camera.  Please DJI fix this
2023-3-14
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

If this helps anyone when i turn the high bright monitor all the audio issues are solved which is great but also annoying having to do that on shoots where its not required.
2023-3-14
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Any update re this, its crazy that i need to carry around the monitor turned on when im shooting solo just to record internal audio?
2023-4-30
Use props
fans60d85034
lvl.1

United States

Even with the new Firmware 01.04.0303 ( 2023-04 23 ), We still have Audio problems, When we do playback on camera the audio has a delay, very awkward on a Film set, Clients and Directors Keep asking what is wrong with the camera and Audio.
2023-5-13
Use props
Jakob S.
lvl.1

Sweden

Same problem here.
Running the firmware 01.05.0100.
To many alternatives for each channel marked at CH1 Source and CH2 Source and kan not be unmarked (grey).

DJI ; Why do you nat answer (care)?

1-26 09:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules