Flight plan +video how to
852 14 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RKG65
lvl.1

Australia

Hello,
I have flown a pipeline route and captured photo images. I didnt use RTK as absoulute accuracy here is not a concern. I would also like to fly the same flight plan route but capture video...is this possible?
Thanks people
2022-8-17
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
United States

.....................................................................................
2022-8-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's no way to do this in the GS RTK app. Litchi does not officially support the P4 RTK, but you might try it. Folks have said it works but you won't have RTK (which you said is not crucial).
2022-8-18
Use props
RKG65
lvl.1

Australia

patiam Posted at 8-18 11:14
There's no way to do this in the GS RTK app. Litchi does not officially support the P4 RTK, but you might try it. Folks have said it works but you won't have RTK (which you said is not crucial).

Ok thanks for that. Will Litchi load onto tbe integrated controller? Ive found very few apps are acceptable to it. In fact nothing that isnt DJI will install. Quite a drawback in my view. Ill give Litchi a whirl though...or fly it manually...gulp!!!!
2022-8-18
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Sweden

....................................................................................................................................
2022-8-19
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Sweden

2022-8-19
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Sweden

...................................................................................................
2022-8-19
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Sweden

.......................................................................................
2022-8-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@ Sanyin: THIS IS THE PHANTOM 4 RTK FORUM. Please take your unrelated posts to the appropriate forum.
2022-8-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RKG65 Posted at 8-18 14:20
Ok thanks for that. Will Litchi load onto tbe integrated controller? Ive found very few apps are acceptable to it. In fact nothing that isnt DJI will install. Quite a drawback in my view. Ill give Litchi a whirl though...or fly it manually...gulp!!!!

Another option may be Dronelink.
Ah, if you have the integrated controller then installing stuff can be tricky. You'll need to "side load" an APK rather than install through the Play store.

https://support.dronelink.com/hc ... pp-on-DJI-monitors-

Also Google for more info.

2022-8-19
Use props
RKG65
lvl.1

Australia

patiam Posted at 8-19 09:44
Another option may be Dronelink.
Ah, if you have the integrated controller then installing stuff can be tricky. You'll need to "side load" an APK rather than install through the Play store.

@patiam
Thanks for that, ill give both a go next week. Im in the field at the moment. Yes the integrated controller is a pain. Unable to use anything not DJI is limiting. I shall also try and find out about sude loading
2022-8-19
Use props
RKG65
lvl.1

Australia

Sanyin Posted at 8-18 06:29
Hi, welcome, I was about to ask the same question, but I am sure someone is going to answer this year       Let s wait 4 the reply to your question.  Even though I think that it records at least like half an hour of drone activity with all data / Yaw, Pitch, Roll, etc...    a bit like the "black box in bigger aircraft I had one crash yesterday and would really like to have a log of what happened because after pressing RTH it went crazy, missing my head by two inches before crashing into the ground at an extraordinary rate of speed in inverted flight going down directly on me as it locked on me. ONE MOMENT flying normally THAN THE rotates on a dime and goes as the ground wWAS THE SKY HORIZONTAL PLAN INVERTED 180° AND it was, AND I COULD HEAR IT ACCELERATING THE ENGINES FULL THROTTLE. And it is still alive. No scratches except a few on the props, so expandable.  AND BANG IT CRASHED  I was persuaded it was dead and after cleaning with dry cloths not even a scratch on the bod just some minor on the props

My only crash ever with the SE since I owe it, and then the RTH almost killed it. I don t need it yet, but I am so happy that I bought the refreshment plan for two years; it buys peace of mind.  But I must give compliments on several facts.

Yes delete it please. I dont know why you decided to jump on my query with all your unrelated stuff.
Thanks
2022-8-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RKG65 Posted at 8-19 13:23
@patiam
Thanks for that, ill give both a go next week. Im in the field at the moment. Yes the integrated controller is a pain. Unable to use anything not DJI is limiting. I shall also try and find out about sude loading

The SDK controller has it's issues as well, from what I hear (don't have one myself).
And the P4 MS RC is basically the SDK but the only DJI app to run the MS is iOS only (UgCS works on Android, with some caveats).

Welcome to DJI land, where consistency is more of an accident than a goal!
2022-8-19
Use props
RKG65
lvl.1

Australia

patiam Posted at 8-19 15:33
The SDK controller has it's issues as well, from what I hear (don't have one myself).
And the P4 MS RC is basically the SDK but the only DJI app to run the MS is iOS only (UgCS works on Android, with some caveats).

Lol. Yeah we bought the P4RTk for proffesional mapping and volume calcs. Its fine for that and we never tbought wed need to fly video along predefined routes. Its entry level survey equipment but i think a lot of the other dji stuff is probably great for photography. Ive also used the m300 and thats a good survey uav for sure
2022-8-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RKG65 Posted at 8-19 18:13
Lol. Yeah we bought the P4RTk for proffesional mapping and volume calcs. Its fine for that and we never tbought wed need to fly video along predefined routes. Its entry level survey equipment but i think a lot of the other dji stuff is probably great for photography. Ive also used the m300 and thats a good survey uav for sure

The P4R really should be able to do video transects, as well as 360° panos. DJI gonna DJI!

You could always buy a relatively cheap Air2S or something just for doing this stuff if you can't get the apps to work on the P4R's dedicated device.
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules