1599 10 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Is there such a thing as a 'Dummy Battery' for the M3P? It would be good if a dummy battery could be inserted into the M3P for transportation purposes thereby allowing the three batteries I have as part of the Fly More Kit (along with original battery) to be carried in a 'Lipo Bag', specifically for flights etc. Is this something that can be 'made' by any of you guys out there with 3d printers?

I worry about carrying the drone without a battery inserted for fear of getting 'rubbish' inside the drone!
2022-8-18
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always leave a battery in the drone, keeps dust etc out. Never had a problem in 5 years with DJI products.
2022-8-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's probably too early in the life cycle but general dead batteries or battery-for-parts-only show up on ebay for really cheap.
2022-8-18
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-18 06:50
I always leave a battery in the drone, keeps dust etc out. Never had a problem in 5 years with DJI products.

I know that I can leave a battery in, it’s just me being me, I just think it would be good to have a ‘dummy Insert’ (read ‘Battery’) thereby carrying all my three batteries in a Lipo Bag for flying etc. As you’ve pointed out it makes sense to have an insert in the drone to avoid ingress of dust/particles.
2022-8-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make one from a block of wood. etc,. Dummy batteries probably exist .....for shop display models but with Mavic Mini dummies they contain weights, presumably to bring the dummy as a whole to near 250g, Plus those battery cases were/are secured by screws fitted inside the drone's shell doing assembly.
2022-8-18
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Buy a piece of foam (the stuff for cheap pillows), cut it to the size of a battery and be happy ;-)

It is cheap, easy to cut with scissors and should seal the battery compartment good enough, right?

PS: Not the full length of the battery is needed, just the width and height should be relatively precise.

2022-8-18
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-18 09:53
Buy a piece of foam (the stuff for cheap pillows), cut it to the size of a battery and be happy ;-)

It is cheap, easy to cut with scissors and should seal the battery compartment good enough, right?

Not sure about OP, but for me personally, I would like a dummy battery to also prevent the drone from cracking due to the thin walls. And the case is a soft case, compared to the Mini 1 case.
I'd be okay if the case was a semi-hard/hard shell case. Was a little worried this past weekend after putting the 3 batteries in a lipo bag on my carry on, and the drone without the battery in the bag.
2022-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-18 12:42
Not sure about OP, but for me personally, I would like a dummy battery to also prevent the drone from cracking due to the thin walls. And the case is a soft case, compared to the Mini 1 case.
I'd be okay if the case was a semi-hard/hard shell case. Was a little worried this past weekend after putting the 3 batteries in a lipo bag on my carry on, and the drone without the battery in the bag.

You probably should carry the drone on as well as sometimes security want to check the batteries are batteries which requires powering on the drone with the batteries.
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would just put the drone in a sealable bag if you are concerned about dust etc.
2022-8-31
Use props
PJL-Chicago
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131991 ft
United States

Adiemask Posted at 8-18 07:03
I know that I can leave a battery in, it’s just me being me, I just think it would be good to have a ‘dummy Insert’ (read ‘Battery’) thereby carrying all my three batteries in a Lipo Bag for flying etc. As you’ve pointed out it makes sense to have an insert in the drone to avoid ingress of dust/particles.

Agree with you 100% Asked the exact same question on mini 3 facebook group.
2022-9-24
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PJL-Chicago Posted at 9-24 15:02
Agree with you 100% Asked the exact same question on mini 3 facebook group.

Did you get a meaningful reply?
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules