indoor flight
632 4 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qiim4mZkIQGs
lvl.2

United States

I want to take some pictures of our high school volleyball team.  what problems might I encounter when flying in they gym?
2022-8-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few things to consider from a guide I followed:

- Do you have the high school principal's permission?
- What’s that area specifically like?  Is there going to be any sort of signal interference?
- How will the flight go? Where will you take off and land?
- As far as pre and post flight, where can you set up your gear?  Will you have a place to charge batteries?
- Where will the people be, and can you avoid flying directly over them?
- What is the lighting like?  Will you be looking into a fluorescent gym light?  Will there be dark, dramatic lighting, potentially blocking your view of the drone?

Keep in mind that even the most experienced pilots don’t conduct their first flight live at the event in most cases.  Especially since you won’t be able to use all the automatic flight modes given your indoor flight, you need to be comfortable in manual mode. Plus, doing a test run-through ahead of the event gives you a good sense of the best angles for the video you’ll be creating.

Have fun but fly safe.  Be a great representative for the drone community.
2022-8-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Definitely have prop guards on...you don't want to hurt anyone if you can avoid it.  Understand you will probably not have GPS.  Be sure you make some practice flights with no one else in the gym.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out.  Just a friendly reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI drones indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly your DJI drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_zyYUBx8zX7yE
New

Poland

I think It can be danger.
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules