Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestions for overlay/telemetry programs like Dashware
315 1 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rolypolyman
lvl.1
United States

I have a DJI Spark and decided to try adding some data overlays for certain flights.

I'm finding that Dashware is impossible to work with as it consistently errors out with "Error rendering in MediaFoundation" and produces a blank file when rendering the final video.  Googling around I find that it's notoriously picky with video formats.  I played around in ffmpeg but had no luck exporting a video & audio codec pairing that works with it.  I'm also not happy with the fact that it works with an endless list of datalogger programs but doesn't support DJI, so you have to convert your data through a third party site like AirDataUAV.  All in all this is too many extra steps.  So I'm done with Dashware and will be uninstalling it.

Are there other programs that might work for video overlays?  I'm not sure what most people are using these days, and a lot of the Google search results are outdated.

2022-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You might be better off posting in the Products section. That is way more active!
https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules