DJI MIc not working on Iphone 13 or iPad (lighting connection)
12Next >
51657 56 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Hello,

I need some help if there is any aditional setup to have the DJI mic to work with the iPhone and the iPad, I am not getting audio from the DJI mic after connecting it to both devices.
In order to get audio on the video application should I push recording on the microphone as well?

Is there any adtional iphone and ipad sofware configuration for this to work? I am trying to record in Mono.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use a different Lightning adapter to see if the issue persists? Please note that you need to be connected directly to the bottom of the receiver using its expansion port. The receiver can then be attached to an iPhone. Kindly please refer to the tutorial link below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-8-18
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-18 18:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use a different Lightning adapter to see if the issue persists? Please note that you need to be connected directly to the bottom of the receiver using its expansion port. The receiver can then be attached to an iPhone. Kindly please refer to the tutorial link below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thank you for the response.

If I use any other video application other than the stock iPhone / iPad camera application it works. I also tried 2 different iPhones and I am experiencing the same behavior, that shows the issue is not related to the lighting adapter.
Also it works when I connect to my laptop USB port.

All 3 iPhones and the iPad I used for testing are running the latest IOS, when I plug the lighting cable the volume controller toggles to a headphone, I am wondering if the iPhone needs to be on flight mode for this to work? Perhaps I tried and it didn't work. The 3rd party video / camera application that works seamless is Filmc Pro.
It has to be something on the configuration that has not been explained at any of these video tutorials.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fly.overflying Posted at 8-18 21:13
Thank you for the response.

If I use any other video application other than the stock iPhone / iPad camera application it works. I also tried 2 different iPhones and I am experiencing the same behavior, that shows the issue is not related to the lighting adapter.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Can you please send us a sample video showing the issue for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
mfangler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-18 18:43

It seems the issue on mine is the C connection lead to the Ipad and the sound does not work.

With other app software however with the same lead into the Ipad works i.e FILMIC so this must be a software fix.

The problem occurs only when I use the native Ipad camera where the software blocks the audio.

As I want to use the native Ipad video as I use it as an autocue, this problem definitely needs an urgent fix DJI.

Works perfectly with IOS phone and Lightening connection cable.
2022-8-26
Use props
fans9c28ffe7
New

United States

Hi. I'm having the same problem. After connecting the expansion port and attaching it to the bottom of my phone, the icons indicate that it is plugged in. But when I record, the transmitter receives the sound but it doesn't get recorded into my phone. I detach the devices and when I playback the video, there is no sound. Am I doing something wrong here?
2022-9-8
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

fans9c28ffe7 Posted at 9-8 22:43
Hi. I'm having the same problem. After connecting the expansion port and attaching it to the bottom of my phone, the icons indicate that it is plugged in. But when I record, the transmitter receives the sound but it doesn't get recorded into my phone. I detach the devices and when I playback the video, there is no sound. Am I doing something wrong here?

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I ended up sending it back and getting a refund. I may buy it back again when it is ready for use, if it will!
2022-9-10
Use props
BennySantiago
New

United States

fly.overflying Posted at 9-10 21:35
Sorry to hear you are having this issue. I ended up sending it back and getting a refund. I may buy it back again when it is ready for use, if it will!

Hi, did you ever get the issues fixed?
2022-9-15
Use props
Rosakatten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2825 ft

Sweden

I got this mic as it would work so easily on 3.5mm and lightning on iphone...
Turns out it will not record sound to iphone to bad it says so in videos and in the DJI adverts.
Does not work!
2022-9-23
Use props
Rosakatten
lvl.1

Sweden

Rosakatten Posted at 9-23 01:25
I got this mic as it would work so easily on 3.5mm and lightning on iphone...
Turns out it will not record sound to iphone  to bad it says so in videos and in the DJI adverts.
Does not work!

Any one know why Dji won't fix this huge issue?
Disappointing is no understatement
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_zQcfWBAi5yTk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226109 ft
Colombia

El micrófono no funciona con el IPAD PRO. Ya probe de varias formas y aun sigue sin funcionar. Aclaro que soy usuario avanzado y tengo 7 micrófonos distintos debido a que creo videos de forma profesional. Me gustaría que corrigieran este defecto ya que no son baratos estos gadgets.  Mi canal es www.TikTok.com/@jorge.amin .

Agradezco la ayuda que puedan brindar. Saludos.
2022-9-24
Use props
Rosakatten
lvl.1

Sweden

Rosakatten Posted at 9-24 11:20
Any one know why Dji won't fix this huge issue?
Disappointing is no understatement

Seems that it works if the adapter is placed correctly.
I tried a few times to remove and reinstall the adapter for lightning, and it needs to be just right.
Now it works!!

if it doesn't work remove and install the adapter again, just so it clicks in.
2022-9-26
Use props
Hi all, here is how I resolved this issue:
When listening to your iPhone Camera app recorded video with audio from the DJI mic, you need to unplug the DJI receiver first (otherwise your iPhone thinks it is a headset and you will not hear anything).
Simple as that!
Greets from Berlin,
Martin
2022-9-28
Use props
fans56c85470
New

Italy

Hi, could you tell me if the mono problem is resolved? I'd like to buy these mics, but if I cannot have stereo on my iphone I will buy Rode, its' simple!
It should work from scratch, not after buying other cables or tools. For 329€ Dji must offer a complete solution!
2022-9-28
Use props
djiuser_iCaVIVxiaRWi
New

Israel

Hi having the same problem- with iPhone.
recording without sound.
somebody can help with that? or is this not fixbule?
2022-9-29
Use props
fans258b7bab
New

United Kingdom

DJI when will you fix the issue with the DJI Mic and iPads?
Why does it not work on iPads. Other mics I use work on the iPad?
Please advise as this is a MAJOR flaw in your usb-c protocol communication in your firmware!
2022-10-1
Use props
robbarrettjr
New
United States

I've used it in the past without any trouble but today there was no audio recorded on the video even though there were levels showing on the receiver.
A window had popped up when I plugged in the receiver asking if this was a headphone or other. I said yes but probably should have said other.
The only way I could make it work was to launch the camera app and THEN plug in the receiver. Then audio was recorded. Strange.
This product has been one of my favorites. I was touting it's ease of use right before the shoot so I probably jinxed it.
If anyone knows how I can reset that hot shoe on my phone I would appreciate it.
2022-10-5
Use props
djiuser_mdRJ5hYQjnea
New

United Kingdom

I’ve bought 2 of these mics after the first one had this issue as well. This new one worked for a single clip and now won’t record any audio - this is ridiculous, I think Rode Go might be the way forwards unless DJI sort this asap considering their device doesn’t work with the most popular phone brand in the world
2022-10-6
Use props
databurst
New
United States

I also bought 2 of these systems and they both did the same thing with my iPhone 13 Pro, no recorded audio using the iOS Camera app.  

Shout out to user mfangler who pointed out that sound works when using the FILMIC Pro app which I was able to confirm. That points the finger at the iOS Camera app.  Because of the dorky non-stereo recording via the lightning adapter, I switched the setting in the Camera app to turn off "Record Stereo Sound".  Tested it again, and it now works for me.

If you would like to try this workaround, do these steps:
1. In your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Locate Camera in the list and select it.
3. Be sure the option Record Stereo Sound is in the OFF position, or slider to the left and grayed out.

In my opinion, this doesn't give DJI a free pass to blow off this issue using this workaround as a solution.  DJI needs to make a working lightning adapter in stereo if they want to be considered on par with competing products.  I have been using the MOVI wireless lav solution which uses the Lightning interface and it works just fine in the Camera app set to stereo.  If DJI can sort this with stereo working on iPhone, then it would look like an attractive next step up product for us creators.
2022-10-9
Use props
SamShea
lvl.1

United States

I think someone may have suggested this, but this is what worked for me.  If you start the video recording application on the iPhone first and then plug in the receiver it works.  Hopefully, this helps someone.
2022-10-12
Use props
SamShea
lvl.1

United States

robbarrettjr Posted at 10-5 11:55
I've used it in the past without any trouble but today there was no audio recorded on the video even though there were levels showing on the receiver.
A window had popped up when I plugged in the receiver asking if this was a headphone or other. I said yes but probably should have said other.
The only way I could make it work was to launch the camera app and THEN plug in the receiver. Then audio was recorded. Strange.

Thanks, your solution worked!
2022-10-12
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_4tZzXbMIrYbG
New

Canada

Found this solution on reddit and it worked for me:

100% your jack is just not siting right. take it out of phone and push as forward as possible. then in to iPhone. also you can turn your mic on or off through the record screen button from the pull down from top menu. it looks like black and with target

so try jamming the lightning adaptor into the dji receiver. not ideal but maybe a fix.
2022-11-2
Use props
Pastor
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello everyone

I bought this over 1 month and been using with my DSLR with no issues, and also tried with my iPhone 11 once received.
The issue I have now is when connecting to any iPhone I see a "Device not supported" error, and after some seconds, the mic stops working. Already tried on iPhone 11, 13 Pro, SE... And nothing works.
If I press the record button once connected, I can record the sound, until it stops after a few seconds.
Do you think I have a faulty product?
2022-11-4
Use props
caaza
New

United States

Pastor Posted at 11-4 09:28
Hello everyone

I bought this over 1 month and been using with my DSLR with no issues, and also tried with my iPhone 11 once received.

The Dji Mic does not work with the iPhone :/
2022-12-14
Use props
caaza
New

United States

The DJI Mic does not work  with the iphone Camera.

I've tried with an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 14 Pro.
This is upsetting.

It works well when using the Dji Mimo app to record.
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_s72UZUYaLdXq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71037 ft
Netherlands

What a mess, it does not work on an iPhone 8, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, the connection does not fit on a dji osmo action cam3 and the cable connection does not fit on a Nikon 3200. if you want to use it, you have to remove the receiver  let it dangle from the cable.  this was not expected.  Tried all suggestions above but nothing works.  Even with the Nikon it stops recording after 20 seconds.  I am very disappointed in this expensive non-working product.  my set will go back to the store anyway.
2022-12-23
Use props
polymerjones
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone on this post,

Oh my goodness. I was literally about to click Buy on this mic when I found this forum.
I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Has this issue been resolved? or is this still a nightmare getting to work?

Are you able to record the two mic inputs into the iPhone simultaneously?

2023-1-8
Use props
Sharesnacks
New

Canada

djiuser_4tZzXbMIrYbG Posted at 2022-11-2 10:17
Found this solution on reddit and it worked for me:

100% your jack is just not siting right. take it out of phone and push as forward as possible. then in to iPhone. also you can turn your mic on or off through the record screen button from the pull down from top menu. it looks like black and with target

This did it for me. I was doubtful, because it threw no errors that it wasn’t connected properly.

Thanks!

For others, you have to push the adapter so it is just past flush with the receiver….but just before it complains (obvs) that the adapter isn’t connected. (See pic)
2023-1-9
Use props
Cleona
New

United States

Just to chime in on this--the tip to push the adapter all the way so it is just past flush (as far as it goes, really) is what worked for me.

I have an iPhone 14 Pro max, and didn't have to do the extra things such as hit record first, or turn off the 'record stereo sound' option in settings. Also worked great with two mics.

Whew!
2023-1-21
Use props
Motivity 2
lvl.1
United States

This is definitely a problem.  Did everything suggested but the ONLY thing that worked was to TURN THE TRANSMITTER AROUND.  I made the meters point backwards and it suddenly worked.  I have a few of these so I know it’s not my iPhone 14 pro because one set works perfectly and another doesn’t work.  
2023-3-9
Use props
Motivity 2
lvl.1
United States

As a follow up after recording with the transmitter backwards multiple times the front facing began to work.  No idea what’s going on but it was consistent with multiple iPhone 14 pros.  Very very finicky.  Can’t rely on it if you actually want to do an interview.   Like flipping a coin.  
2023-3-9
Use props
Canaussie
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_iCaVIVxiaRWi Posted at 2022-9-29 01:05
Hi having the same problem- with iPhone.
recording without sound.
somebody can help with that? or is this not fixbule?

I followed the advice of a previous poster. Simply remove the lightning adapter and install it again. It should be all the way into the receiver. You can listen to the playback by removing the receiver from the phone or by using a bluetooth connected headphone.
2023-3-14
Use props
caballerocanari
New

Spain

The never fix it, I have the same problem, bought this expensive MIC and it don't works with iPhone! Dji sucks, never ever buy anything from them! Rode is much much better!
I think DJI gives a .....
2023-3-26
Use props
cjTc1yySFkA2
New

Spain

Same here. It did work well.the first time I used it. But only once. Now, the iPhone never record the sound anymore. I need to record on the transmitter and sync on my laptop.
The device still works on my MacBook Air, with the usb c port. But not anymore on my phone. Is the device trouble ? Do I need to send it back to get a new one from DJI ?
What I need to do, because this is pretty useless as is..
2023-6-1
Use props
cjTc1yySFkA2
New

Spain

caballerocanari Posted at 3-26 10:34
The never fix it, I have the same problem, bought this expensive MIC and it don't works with iPhone! Dji sucks, never ever buy anything from them! Rode is much much better!
I think DJI gives a .....

Witch rodes are you using to replace the DJI mic ?
2023-6-1
Use props
mdw302
New

United States

mfangler Posted at 2022-8-26 02:45
It seems the issue on mine is the C connection lead to the Ipad and the sound does not work.

With other app software however with the same lead into the Ipad works i.e FILMIC so this must be a software fix.

I am having same problem also. I have iPhone 13 Pro Max. When I plug in the lightning adapter, I do not get the display that shows lightning connection is activated. I cannot not record a video using sound from this mic.
2023-6-6
Use props
mdw302
New

United States

djiuser_s72UZUYaLdXq Posted at 2022-12-23 08:15
What a mess, it does not work on an iPhone 8, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, the connection does not fit on a dji osmo action cam3 and the cable connection does not fit on a Nikon 3200. if you want to use it, you have to remove the receiver  let it dangle from the cable.  this was not expected.  Tried all suggestions above but nothing works.  Even with the Nikon it stops recording after 20 seconds.  I am very disappointed in this expensive non-working product.  my set will go back to the store anyway.

It does! I had the same issue at first. On the transmitter there are two sets of four gold dots. On the iPhone adapter there is one set. It has to line up correctly. I played around with it and I used a video app (Move Pro) which registered the mic as a headset, but I could see the volume bar go up and down on the video and on the transmitter. It works fine now - but those gold dots have to align.
2023-6-6
Use props
brian.donohue
New

United States

the mic worked great with the iphone 14 for me for a few weeks, then just stopped. I got a "device not compatible" message and then it just stopped working. I tried every solution posted here - pushing  in the adapter, trying to use Filmic Pro, you name it. Nothing works. Very very disappointing.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_qeXklz3h3DJH
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans9c28ffe7 Posted at 2022-9-8 22:43

Me too. You get a fix?
2023-6-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules