Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RS3 Pro not able to unlock at start up
6001 18 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I love the new feature of "Autolock", it'll only work once. I'll connect the batter, turn on the gimbal and it goes through its motions by unlocking itself. It works perfectly fine. Then I would put it in lock mode and it'll execute that well. I'll even unlock it and start using the RS3 Pro and it works like a charm! But when I turn it off, although it'll transform itself and lock in place, when I try to turn it on, the gimbal will not do its thing and get into position to shoot. Instead, it doesn't do anything. The DJI logo shows up at the start and it looks great on the tiny screen but its like its not reacting or connecting to use the gimbal. So the only workaround is to detach the gimbal battery then reattach it. Then I would turn it on and it'll work like its supposed to. But the minute I shut it off, it'll lock itself in place for the day BUT it will not react to it starting up.
I also noticed that when I shut down the gimbal, the battery lights stay on. And if I just leave it like that, the battery will drain because it won't turn off. Can anyone help me with this? I want it to work. If not, I'll have to go to my camera store where I purchased it and exchange it and get another one.
2022-8-18
Use props
fanse03d4be7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136109 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue. I’ll contact support and see if they can help. I have also checked the firmware update and nothing
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse03d4be7 Posted at 9-14 13:00
I have exactly the same issue. I’ll contact support and see if they can help. I have also checked the firmware update and nothing

Hi, there. We saw our relevant team has replied to your email already, please check it.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the late reply.
May we know if your problem is resolved now?
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nFNyY7sLs4SD
lvl.1
New Zealand

Interestingly I sometimes have this issue. (I've only had the gimbal for about 5 days and still getting used to it). I "think" the issue is with balancing - if you're not completely balanced then the gimbal will fail to work. That said, I did notice that sometimes it also seems to reset itself and then work fine if left alone for about 1/2 hour. But mehhhhh ... who wants to deal with that?!  I'm hoping it's down to balancing because that's something I can control
2022-9-25
Use props
fans30b6a0ef
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-9-15 01:57
Hi, there. We saw our relevant team has replied to your email already, please check it.
If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know.

Yesterday the RS3 would not unlock.  Same situation.  Unplug battery and it would work once. Did not see a reply on how to fix this problem
2023-1-30
Use props
fans30b6a0ef
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2022-9-15 02:00

Can you send an email to bruce@bapi.com.  
Yesterday the RS3 would not unlock.  Same situation.  Unplug battery and it would work once.
2023-1-30
Use props
fans30b6a0ef
lvl.1
United States

Im trying to send this to Natalia

Can you send an email to bruce@bapi.com.  
Yesterday the RS3 would not unlock.  Same situation.  Unplug battery and it would work once.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans30b6a0ef Posted at 1-30 08:16
Im trying to send this to Natalia

Can you send an email to .  

Hi, there. We are sorry that we are unable to send you an email directly. If you meet any problems later and would like to keep in touch via email, you can contact our email team: support@dji.com
For this problem, may I confirm if your gimbal is DJI RS3 Pro or DJI RS 3, and would you mind sending us a related video so that we can check the details better and reply to you asap?
Thanks for your understanding.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear customer:
If you meet such problems, you can check the following suggestions first:
1. Please update the firmware to the latest version.
2. Please make sure that the gimbal is balanced.
If you still meet the same problem, you can send us a related video here. (You can upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link)
We will check it asap.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-2
Use props
QuintonLJackson
New

United States

Forget the emails! Put the solution in this forum so we can all read it!! Obviously this is an issue with a lot of your units if not all of them
2023-5-13
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

QuintonLJackson Posted at 5-13 06:47
Forget the emails! Put the solution in this forum so we can all read it!! Obviously this is an issue with a lot of your units if not all of them

This. I'll appreciate it if you guys do it in my topic about how shaky the gimbal is too. Since the last reply from dji, a lot of people showed up with the same issue and no fix.
2023-5-20
Use props
jf_blanco
lvl.1
Spain

Same problem here. Last Saturday I missed two important shots in a wedding this is totally unacceptable
2023-6-5
Use props
SimbullSym
New

Australia

I have missed so many shots because of this issue.
As soon as I power down, to either replace camera battery, or even if its an accident cos I miss the record button and hit the power button by accident, as soon as it powers down I have serious issues getting it to function after power up again.

Some solutions I have found that aren't satisfactory are,
1. Putting the Gimbal in sleep mode and then waking it up (doesn't always work). I put to sleep either through the app or with a light tap on the power button not a long hold.
2. Turning off raven eye and unplugging it and re-connecting the cable. (also doesn't always work)
3. Powering down and leaving it for about 10-40mins and then turning it back on again

These work arounds are shooting in the dark. This is a bug that should not only be addressed in the firmware (which on my machine is the latest as of July 2023),
but aside from the email support and tech support (which is incredibly lacklustre considering the price and popularity of the machines, I paid for RS3 Pro with Raven eye),
please explain why DJI is so cagey with sharing info with solutions in these forums for people obviously suffering from a very serious problem.
Honestly these issues, especially on set, defeats the purpose of having a DJI device in the first place. Its very stressful and unprofessional on set when time is money and schedules kept are paramount.

I'm lucky enough in Melbourne to have a local DJI HQ so I'll go in and talk to a human with the hopes that it will help, but this isn't my first DJI product. From the 4k Osmo+, to the several kinds of drone and now the RS3 Pro, I have found the support to be dismally lacking. And the products to be incredibly buggy at times. In fact often very buggy.

Don't get me wrong, when it works its great. Shots w RS3 are beautiful and great for a lil cinema cam rig with no internal cam or lens stabilisation, but the bugs and the support are not very good in my experience.
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_TaTczfdCYHvB
New
Canada

I just got my RS3 pro and noticed immediately that there’s an issue with it. When switching to auto lock, the arms doesn’t loacked all the way. And when I switch it back again, the gimbal doesn’t respond. I have to uplug/remove the battery grip to have it working again. I’m about to return it the store where I got it from but I was hoping I could salvage and have it fix. I guess I’m not the only one having this problem.
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_cH1o36Lf8hYh
New

United States

I have the same problem with gimbal what can I do to get it fixed?
2023-10-29
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4743635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has this been resolved for anyone yet? I am having a similar issue.

I power the gimbal on and it unlocks starts working as it should no issues. I tap the power button and it auto locks and goes to sleep I tap the power button again and it unlocks and goes back to work all well and good. The problem starts when I hold the power button to turn it off. if it was asleep and locked when I power it off it will stay locked when I press the power button to turn it back on. If I hit the power button it. will go into sleep mode and then unlock and wake up when I tap the power button again but the motor aren't on. If the gimbal is on and the mortors are working when I power it off it will not auto lock it will just shut off when I turn it back on the RS3 screen turns on but the gimbal motor are off. The only way to get the gimbal to behave properly again is to remove the battery and then plug it back in. this power reset is the only thing that will get the gimbal working properly again. I have noticed that the indicator lights on the battery never go out when it is connected to the gimbal. does any one else have a similar symptom? is there a way to reset the battery by pushing  the button in some special way ?

I have tried every arrangement of settings with the with the auto lock and nothing seems to change.  I have downgraded firmware all the way back to 01.00.01.00 and issue is still persisting. I have tried reseting parameters on the gimbal and still nothing.

I have just spent the last few hours chatting with DJI support and I am not any closer to a solution. They were talking about having me send it in for a repair which seems crazy as this gimbal is BRAND NEW and hasn't even been out on a shoot yet. I exchange it at Adorama before I send it in for repair.

Funny thing is I only bought the RS3 Pro because my RS2 started being glitchy in a different way. I set the RS2 up yesterday and sent it out on a shoot and it worked flawlessly.
2023-12-20
Use props
NIMBLE GIMBLE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My RS3 Pro is less than a year old and it's doing the same thing. It's refusing to come on.
I take the battery off and replace it. Today I did an entire shoot hand held because of this.
It's really not good enough. Unacceptable.
I was doing a professional job but luckily didn't require lots of movement.
But a wedding or party or a music gig would have been disastrous . I cant even connect it to the app to check firmware.
Really not good enough.
1-25 12:17
Use props
NIMBLE GIMBLE
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there a master reset setting for the RS3pro?
1-25 12:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules