2 Questions about DJI Mic
1144 7 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viper2097
lvl.2

Australia

Hi guys, Two quick questions about the DJI mic.

1) Will both the reciever and transmitters work whilest they are being charged from their USB C ports or do they shut down whilst being charged?

2) Is there any way to link multiple recievers to a single transmitter? E.G. If you're on a shoot with multiple cameras and multiple people wanting to listen in, Can I just hand out a whole bunch of DJI Mic recievers so everyone gets a feed?
2022-8-18
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

In response to your questions. 1. Both transmitters and receivers needs to be inside the charging case in order to charge, there is no way to use and charge at the same time.

2. Receiver is limited to only 2 transmitters, there is no way to add additional ones. I don't believe we are even able to buy extra ones other than get a replacement from support if any of those 2 transmitters break / defective.
2022-8-19
Use props
Viper2097
lvl.2

Australia

fly.overflying Posted at 8-19 07:12
In response to your questions. 1. Both transmitters and receivers needs to be inside the charging case in order to charge, there is no way to use and charge at the same time.

2. Receiver is limited to only 2 transmitters, there is no way to add additional ones. I don't believe we are even able to buy extra ones other than get a replacement from support if any of those 2 transmitters break / defective.

Thanks for replying but I don't think you're correct, Both transmitters and the receiver all have USB-C ports on them and the user manual states clearly that they can be used to charge so they don't NEED to be in the case to charge. Whether or not they can be charged whilst operating remains to be seen.

Also, I'm not looking to add more transmitters to the receiver. I'm looking to add more receivers that pick up a single transmitter. I don't need to buy them separately, I'll just buy multiple kits just to get the receivers because the kits are super cheap. I don't think it will work though so that's why I thought I'd ask here.
2022-8-19
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Viper2097 Posted at 8-19 23:49
Thanks for replying but I don't think you're correct, Both transmitters and the receiver all have USB-C ports on them and the user manual states clearly that they can be used to charge so they don't NEED to be in the case to charge. Whether or not they can be charged whilst operating remains to be seen.

Also, I'm not looking to add more transmitters to the receiver. I'm looking to add more receivers that pick up a single transmitter. I don't need to buy them separately, I'll just buy multiple kits just to get the receivers because the kits are super cheap. I don't think it will work though so that's why I thought I'd ask here.

I have 2 DJI mic systems at home, so I should be able to test this for you when I get back next week but my sense is that the act of pairing a transmitter to a second receiver will cancel any previous pairing. I can say, however, that I briefly tested for your first question and the transmitters and receiver continue to communicate with each other whilst plugged into a USB-C power source. I can't vouch for whether the signal quality is affected nor whether any charging was going on as I was just satisfying idle curiosity because I can't envisage myself in a scenario where I would need this but I really can't see why it wouldn't work fine.  
2022-8-20
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Question 1: Yes the receiver continued to respond to the transmitter when either or both were plugged in. The charging symbol on the receiver was also on, so I assume it was charging and that the same would be true for the transmitter albeit there was no visual evidence.

Question 2: It can't be done. The act of manually linking my transmitter to a second receiver worked, as you'd expect, but it deleted the link to the first receiver. The screen warns that this will happen and asks you to confirm to continue. So, in the scenario pictured, the transmitter is linked to the upper receiver and will lose that connection as soon as I confirmed I want it linked to the lower one. As soon as I returned the transmitter and the now unlinked receiver to their charging case, they automatically re-linked and I assume whichever two of my four transmitters are encased with whichever receiver will automatically link with it. Nevertheless, I imagine there must be ways out there to transmit the headphone out signal from a single receiver to multiple individuals. I hope this helps.

Attempting to link the upper receiver's transmitter to the lower receiver unlinks the upper rec ...

Attempting to link the upper receiver's transmitter to the lower receiver unlinks the upper rec ...

2022-8-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I recently got one and can say that at least, when the receiver is connected to a computer, it can both be used and charged at the same time - it does charge when connected to a PC, am I right? Not sure about the mics yet, will need to test that out myself.
2022-8-23
Use props
Viper2097
lvl.2

New Zealand

TooDeep Posted at 8-22 09:50
Question 1: Yes the receiver continued to respond to the transmitter when either or both were plugged in. The charging symbol on the receiver was also on, so I assume it was charging and that the same would be true for the transmitter albeit there was no visual evidence.

Question 2: It can't be done. The act of manually linking my transmitter to a second receiver worked, as you'd expect, but it deleted the link to the first receiver. The screen warns that this will happen and asks you to confirm to continue. So, in the scenario pictured, the transmitter is linked to the upper receiver and will lose that connection as soon as I confirmed I want it linked to the lower one. As soon as I returned the transmitter and the now unlinked receiver to their charging case, they automatically re-linked and I assume whichever two of my four transmitters are encased with whichever receiver will automatically link with it. Nevertheless, I imagine there must be ways out there to transmit the headphone out signal from a single receiver to multiple individuals. I hope this helps.
[Image]

Thanks so much for your detailed response. I very much appreciate it
2022-8-23
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Viper2097 Posted at 8-23 21:40
Thanks so much for your detailed response. I very much appreciate it

Glad I could help.
2022-8-24
Use props