RS3 Pro Bluetooth Compatibility
8461 22 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ULTRA77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138743 ft
Australia

I just got the RS3 Pro and was disappointed to find that my Nikon Z camera is not supported for Bluetooth operation.

Does anyone know if there is a roadmap for expanding Bluetooth compatibility in coming firmware updates for Nikon cameras?

The current list is basically a handful of Sony, Canon and BlackMagic only models which seems quite limited in terms of using a feature that is heavily marketed as a key selling point for buying this gimbal.
2022-8-18
Use props
ULTRA77
lvl.2
Australia

And before anyone jumps in and says that it is a limitation of Nikon Z cameras not supporting Bluetooth shutter operation, this is incorrect.

This function works fine with the SnapBridge app over Bluetooth, so for DJI not to implement this and blame the camera's incompatibility is rather lame.
2022-8-21
Use props
Mikaproductions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67392 ft
France

ULTRA77 Posted at 8-21 03:11
And before anyone jumps in and says that it is a limitation of Nikon Z cameras not supporting Bluetooth shutter operation, this is incorrect.

This function works fine with the SnapBridge app over Bluetooth, so for DJI not to implement this and blame the camera's incompatibility is rather lame.

Same question and request for me......

The Z9 is very impressive in video and WE NEED to have an update from DJI for the RS3 Pro .

It doesn't make any sens since the bluetooh work with snapbridge apps ..
2022-9-9
Use props
EASPHOTO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 891158 ft
United States

Following..
I have the Z9 and I'm a bit disappointed theres no support for one of the best cameras on the market ever released!
2022-9-19
Use props
christopherprice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13839 ft
United Kingdom

Yes its a pain come on DJI Nikon Z camera support please
2022-9-23
Use props
a_ambrose
lvl.2
United States

I too was disappointed by this with the GH5. The camera has Bluetooth capability, just not with the Ronin RS3 Pro.

To add to my frustration, there seems to be an issue with the DJI camera control cable connecting the GH5 to the gimbal. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it seems to just lose its connection.
2022-10-2
Use props
djiuser_Y9sB3PFKsvRw
New

South Africa

Hi

I recently bought the DJI RS3 & I'm having trouble activating it, the thing is the gimbals Bluetooth isn't picking up on my phone at all, do I return it or is there a way for it to pick up on my phone so I can activate and use it already.
2022-12-27
Use props
Hbluec
New

Germany

Hi

I have the same supportproblems with my Sony FDR-AX700. I waiting since the release of the RS3Pro. nothing.... It is not important enough to expand the support for the "normal" users of a 1000 bucks DJi Item.
2022-12-27
Use props
ULTRA77
lvl.2
Australia

I see that some more Panasonic and Fujifilm cameras have received added Bluetooth compatibility recently.

DJI seem unwilling to reveal a roadmap of when Nikon Z cameras will be added.

If Nikon will not release a public API can DJI not reverse engineer a hack to bypass the Bluetooth encryption?

Surely, not all the other Bluetooth-supported camera models listed for the RS3 Pro received full API support from their manufacturer for DJI to get them working.

If that were so, then why aren't all Sony, Panasonic and Canon models fully Bluetooth-supported that have this hardware feature? I see there are many Sony, Panasonic and Canon cameras that have Bluetooth hardware which is not supported by DJI. This would indicate that even these manufacturers did not 'give' their permission with a public API.

2022-12-31
Use props
ULTRA77
lvl.2
Australia

There are a LOT of Nikon Z users out there that are waiting on this feature to roll out.

It would really make the user experience much more seamless.

2022-12-31
Use props
Felipe_PL
lvl.1

Poland

Still waiting for bluetooth support for my Z9.
2023-1-12
Use props
Mikaproductions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67392 ft
France

Felipe_PL Posted at 1-12 23:45
Still waiting for bluetooth support for my Z9.

Yes, same to me..... I don't undertsand why it took so long.
We need this update ASAP !
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Asr8paqRSQOm
New

Canada

Wish I would have found this discussion before purchasing a RS3 Pro yesterday to use with my Z9. I was looking forward to using Bluetooth… guess usb-c it is.
2023-1-18
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

I don’t understand all these comments: didn’t you take a look at the compatibility list befóre buying???

https://www.dji.com/nl/mobile/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/z9
2023-1-21
Use props
pkr3
New

United States

Benno Z Posted at 1-21 01:34
I don’t understand all these comments: didn’t you take a look at the compatibility list befóre buying???(from Benno Z immediately above)

Your UNhelpful comment is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin, but 'arrogance' and 'fan boy' are a good start.

For those that read your comment, just ignore our moral superior – Benno Z – and continue letting DJI know about missing support/functionality for numerous USEFUL, recent and worthy cameras DJI already 'supports'...even their RS 2 supports cameras like the new Nikon D780, but totally missed it/them during the RS 3 release. Ouch!

Hey DJI, how about listing (in plain view; no searching required) the supported cameras on/at your POP (point of purchase) vendors/outlets prior to (or during) the time of sale, instead of JUST weight limitations? Sure, you'd lose more sales, but you'd also upset a lot less customers.
2023-1-22
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

Sorry if you didn’t understand my message. Of course it’s strange DJI does not support all camera’s but I really don’t understand why you buy a device which doesn’t work with your camera??? That’s not very smart in my opinion. So I wonder why you still bought it.
2023-1-23
Use props
Timur Gafforov
New

Russia

Benno Z Posted at 1-23 13:28
Sorry if you didn’t understand my message. Of course it’s strange DJI does not support all camera’s but I really don’t understand why you buy a device which doesn’t work with your camera??? That’s not very smart in my opinion. So I wonder why you still bought it.

Actually it does work. Just not through bluetooth. Can anyone tell if the "record" button works now if Nikon Z is connected to an external recorder (I use Ninja V)? It still doesn't work on my RS2 Pro even with the latest firmware updates.
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_IJx3OXr9fPVC
New
Flight distance : 1951916 ft
Canada

I got my Nikon Z6ii to work with bluetooth functionality with my RS3.  The trick is setting the RS3 up as a bluetooth remote and thru the ML7 remote menu. It enables record start/stop wirelessly and works fantastic with touch screen auto focus on the nikon.
2023-3-2
Use props
LUMIX FunBoy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I own both Panasonic LUMIX S5 and S5II cameras and none of them can connect to my brand new RS3 Pro via bluetooth. DJI websites says they're compatible so it just drives me crazy...
2023-3-27
Use props
hope4thefuture
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_IJx3OXr9fPVC Posted at 3-2 19:29
I got my Nikon Z6ii to work with bluetooth functionality with my RS3.  The trick is setting the RS3 up as a bluetooth remote and thru the ML7 remote menu. It enables record start/stop wirelessly and works fantastic with touch screen auto focus on the nikon.

Can you explain further how to set this up? Also will it work with the Z9 yet? I have both Z6ii and Z9 so any help to walk me through it would be great! I was looking forward to Bluetooth connection but can’t figure it out
2023-7-5
Use props
super__grover
New

Netherlands

LUMIX FunBoy Posted at 3-27 11:53
I own both Panasonic LUMIX S5 and S5II cameras and none of them can connect to my brand new RS3 Pro via bluetooth. DJI websites says they're compatible so it just drives me crazy...

Got the answer from DJI : "USE THE USB C CABLE", GREAT.....And HOW do i connet my SSD to the camera then???????
2023-7-19
Use props
super__grover
New

Netherlands

LUMIX FunBoy Posted at 3-27 11:53

Got the answer from DJI : "USE THE USB C CABLE", GREAT.....And HOW do i connet my SSD to the camera then???????
2023-7-19
Use props
djiuser_y7haMsnaIyb6
New

United States

I’ve been a long time user of DJI Ronin Gimbals too. So disappointing that they have not updated the Bluetooth functionality of the RS3 Pro to work with my Z9’s and Z8’s. I’m tired of breaking USB-C cables. Does anyone know of an alternate gimbal that does support Bluetooth operation?
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules