655 7 2022-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

So,

We just aquired some new XD-CAM camera gear for the business, SONY to be exact. Yeah we spent some cash and..................the sales rep gave me a Mini 3 Pro. LMAO

They tossed in a Mini 3 Pro, a bit like a car dealer giving you a tank of fuel and floor mats, considering we spent 5 figures ( we probably paid for it ). So it appears I have another Mini 3 Pro again after I sold my previous.

I just did the full firmware update this morning on everything. I normally don't do firmware updates on drones, especially when the drone is working correctly, but this one was a freeby and so I really couldnt care less if it goes down.

My findings with the DJI RC, drone and battery - Works exactly the same as my previous Mini3 as in range. I am confident it will get to 3km plus like our previous unit. Therefore, with all these complaints I read, I am still puzzled about all the issues people are having and really ask if a high percentage of these issues really exist or are people just being over critical or worse, out there to discredit the drone regardless of what it does.  A bit like a Mini 3 Pro Cancel culture. Remember that these drones are mass produced, they are perfect clones of each other therefore if one problem exists in hundreds of them then there is 100% chance it will be across the entire manufactured batch unless the manaufacturer makes engineering changes.
Anyways, The Global Hawk is back again with another little bird. Its Saturday here and so will get out give it a good run over the weekend.

LMAO

Global Hawk

2022-8-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^im disappointed.  not because you went back to the mini 3 pro but because you think electronics and the factory process produces exact perfect clones of widgets or whatever you call it.  i'll tell you what i tell a bunch of people, go visit an electronics factory and take a tour.  actually, it can be any factory that makes stuff.  it will change the way you think about products.  it's 2022 not 2122, it's the exact opposite of what you said....these products couldn't be more different than each other; it's sad and astonishing but understandable.  sure it's not 2002 any longer but really....not much has changed, that the sad part.

think cars, mobile phones, laptops, television....they're ALL different in nearly every way.  [sarcasm]i would say almost about as different as each person.[/sarcasm]  in the whole world, there's just too many other factors involved.
2022-8-19
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

The Saint Posted at 8-19 16:40
^im disappointed.  not because you went back to the mini 3 pro but because you think electronics and the factory process produces exact perfect clones of widgets or whatever you call it.  i'll tell you what i tell a bunch of people, go visit an electronics factory and take a tour.  actually, it can be any factory that makes stuff.  it will change the way you think about products.  it's 2022 not 2122, it's the exact opposite of what you said....these products couldn't be more different than each other; it's sad and astonishing but understandable.  sure it's not 2002 any longer but really....not much has changed, that the sad part.

think cars, mobile phones, laptops, television....they're ALL different in nearly every way.  [sarcasm]i would say almost about as different as each person.[/sarcasm]  in the whole world, there's just too many other factors involved.

Mini 3 Pro, exactly the same circuits, motherboards, motors, ESC, GPS......wake up.....mass produced goods are all 100% identical. Every Mini 3 is the same, every mavic 3 is the same just like every iphone 13 pro max is identical. I am disappointed that you are stupid enough to think otherwise.
2022-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Global Hawk. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us about your new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-8-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 8-19 19:39
Mini 3 Pro, exactly the same circuits, motherboards, motors, ESC, GPS......wake up.....mass produced goods are all 100% identical. Every Mini 3 is the same, every mavic 3 is the same just like every iphone 13 pro max is identical. I am disappointed that you are stupid enough to think otherwise.

they may have identical parts but that doesn't mean the final product all have identical performance.  mini 3 pro does not operate in a vacuum; once it leaves the box, there are too many factors involved for us to expect every drone to be perfectly identical.  as i said, the manufacturing process has lots of changes but even without intentional changes over time, it's not perfect and the various steps like calibrations and the use of parts that have different tolerance and the imprecise nature of the machine and the human involvement  is enough to account for the issues that some of us notice.  some companies are better at it than others.  and factory in japan might be better than the same factory in vietnam.  take the tour and start to educate yourself...you will be better for it, you will be "woke."  
2022-8-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

this is just an example of what it takes to make an iphone battery.  think of all the variables.  even the raw materials used in the process are not perfect to begin with.  computers are not always precise, machines wear, human involvement is not perfect....there's a whole lot of checking and re-checking at almost every stage because little things can go wrong.  this is from today so 20 years ago, it wasn't as good.  not my video but i find this to be fascinating:

2022-8-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My findings with the DJI RC, drone and battery - Works exactly the same as my previous Mini3 as in range. I am confident it will get to 3km plus like our previous unit. Therefore, with all these complaints I read, I am still puzzled about all the issues people are having and really ask if a high percentage of these issues really exist or are people just being over critical or worse, out there to discredit the drone regardless of what it does.  A bit like a Mini 3 Pro Cancel culture. Remember that these drones are mass produced, they are perfect clones of each other therefore if one problem exists in hundreds of them then there is 100% chance it will be across the entire manufactured batch unless the manaufacturer makes engineering changes.

Interesting you say this, didn't you get rid of yours for this very reason, a multitude of issues? but one of those was range, you even said that ya helped someone set up and you flew their mini 3 pro up and it had range issues.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 419&pid=2809942
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 419&pid=2809914

So, were you just being over-critical?
I have not experienced any range issues myself, it goes better than the Mini 2, easily but it is more precise and the Signal indicator is poor, it will travel a vast distance on just 2 bars
2022-8-20
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

QC and in-process inspection should catch anything not meeting their specifications. If these checks aren't good, bad products can slip through. Automation can minimize this, but robots are also not 100% perfect.
Maybe someone can do some six sigma calculations.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules