GO 4 Not working on Android 12
6328 10 2022-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pablokersh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63950 ft
United Kingdom

Since latest security update to Android 12, Go 4 app will not load. have re-installed from DJI, but still not working. I have 2 Mavic Air drones, neither of which I can fly. Has DJI abandoned us?
2022-8-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This issue has been documented a number of times on the forum. Android 12 effectively killed DJI Go4.  I deleted the App from my Samsung Galaxy A51 and re-installed it from the DJI downloads page. I acquired the APK file on my Windows laptop, then side-loaded it onto my phone by USB cable.  It now works again with my Mavic2Zoom.  If you're stuck, maybe a third party App like Litchi would get you back in the air. Failing that, a cheap second-hand phone such as an S7 with an older Android version (10) would be another solution.
2022-8-20
Use props
pablokersh
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-20 11:46
This issue has been documented a number of times on the forum. Android 12 effectively killed DJI Go4.  I deleted the App from my Samsung Galaxy A51 and re-installed it from the DJI downloads page. I acquired the APK file on my Windows laptop, then side-loaded it onto my phone by USB cable.  It now works again with my Mavic2Zoom.  If you're stuck, maybe a third party App like Litchi would get you back in the air. Failing that, a cheap second-hand phone such as an S7 with an older Android version (10) would be another solution.

Thanks...I did download the app direct from DJI, but no different. Still hoping they are going to do app update, but perhaps they would sooner us Mavic Air owners will buy a new drone, not a good message to anyone buying a drone for best part of £1,000.....it may be obsolete in 3 years
2022-8-20
Use props
JPFly
lvl.1

United States

Try this , it is working for me now on both DJIGo & DJI Go 4. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 363&pid=2827494
2022-8-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pablokersh Posted at 8-20 14:07
Thanks...I did download the app direct from DJI, but no different. Still hoping they are going to do app update, but perhaps they would sooner us Mavic Air owners will buy a new drone, not a good message to anyone buying a drone for best part of £1,000.....it may be obsolete in 3 years

Good luck in finding a satisfactory solution.
2022-8-20
Use props
pablokersh
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JPFly Posted at 8-20 18:06
Try this , it is working for me now on both DJIGo & DJI Go 4. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=261363&pid=2827494

YES! Many thanks, it actually works.
2022-8-20
Use props
fans03285ee9
New

Croatia

Hi. So upset about that, i triéd to istall New version but it s still thé same and DJIGo4 can not open.
M'y mavic pro can t fly during my holiday.
WhatsApp can i do? Galaxy note 10 lite.  It is thé first time i have no exit. Neeeeeed help !!!!!

2022-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans03285ee9 Posted at 8-21 21:54
Hi. So upset about that, i triéd to istall New version but it s still thé same and DJIGo4 can not open.
M'y mavic pro can t fly during my holiday.
WhatsApp can i do? Galaxy note 10 lite.  It is thé first time i have no exit. Neeeeeed help !!!!!

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,
We have sent you a PM to help you more with this issue, please have a look.
2022-8-25
Use props
fanse86929d9
New
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-25 18:12
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,
We have sent you a PM to help you more with this issue, please have a look.

Can you also send me that same PM please? I have an Oppo find X5 pro on Android 12. I'm trying to use the DJI go 4 app which worked two weeks ago on the same phone. Now it opens for a split second. I have deleted and re downloaded from the DJI website and it still does not work
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanse86929d9 Posted at 8-25 21:57
Can you also send me that same PM please? I have an Oppo find X5 pro on Android 12. I'm trying to use the DJI go 4 app which worked two weeks ago on the same phone. Now it opens for a split second. I have deleted and re downloaded from the DJI website and it still does not work

Of course.
We have sent you via PM already, please check.
2022-8-26
Use props
Klomp
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yeah this happened to me right after Samsung forced me to install the latest security update for me S20. Its hardly DJI's fault as this seems to happen after every security update without fail.

The only solution i found working was to revert the Go 4 app to an older version. 4.3.48 works for me. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YnNclnkfTwqTA106fBYHFOMExCaMB-7B/view?usp=sharing (not my link but from some guy on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mpWZ-OsQQ&ab_channel=GAVINHR). Hope this helps for now. (be sure to remove whatever version you have installed before installing this older version).

2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules