Getting Flight Telemetry From DJI Mini 2
1919 5 2022-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hankstamper
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

A raw newbie here, I would like to get the flight telemetry from my DJI Mini 2.  Ideally it would be on a map like what I see in the DJI Fly app.

I tried downloading the Assistant 2 v2.2.10 for consumer drones but it doesn't seem to recognize my drone when I plug it in.  I just get the screen that shows the USB plug in graphic.

I know that if I turn on the subtitle option that a text file is saved somewhere that has the GPS coordininates every second and I might be able to somehow get that on to a map app, but it would be nice if the telemetry was more like what I see in DJI Fly.

Any help would be appreciated and, as a new guy, a minimum of techy acronyms would be nice,

tia

hankstamper

2022-8-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you sync your logs to air data you can export some of the data as a gps file,  then you can use tools like Ayr to visualise it - here's and example -
2022-8-21
Use props
hankstamper
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 00:16
If you sync your logs to air data you can export some of the data as a gps file,  then you can use tools like Ayr to visualise it - here's and example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg1FpFi54iE&t=3s
Thank you for taking time to respond.

But:

"If you sync your logs to air data."

How do I get "logs?"  As I mentioned DJI Assistant 2 doesn't recognize my drone.  ...and I have no idea what "air data" is.  
2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hankstamper Posted at 8-21 04:23
Thank you for taking time to respond.

But:

Airdata has partnered with DJI so they have the ability to decrypt them,  all I have to do is log into my free airdata.com account and under the flight I have options for downloading.   

You can either have airtdata sync to the dji cloud automatically,  there are setting under your profile there or use the HD Sync app they provide to do it.
2022-8-21
Use props
hankstamper
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 22:42
Airdata has partnered with DJI so they have the ability to decrypt them,  all I have to do is log into my free airdata.com account and under the flight I have options for downloading.   

You can either have airtdata sync to the dji cloud automatically,  there are setting under your profile there or use the HD Sync app they provide to do it.

Thank you DAFlys.  That worked.  I appreciate your time to help a new guy.
2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hankstamper Posted at 8-22 07:18
Thank you DAFlys.  That worked.  I appreciate your time to help a new guy.

No probs hankstamper.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules