774 10 2022-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Hi.
Since the update of Firmware v01.00.0300 , the 360 pano is totally broken!
Yes, the skies looks better now at the "dome of the pano" (probably due to the increase of the camera tilt angle), but the frames stitching is now totally borken, rendering the panos unusable.

See example in the link here.

PLEASE - FIX - THIS - DJI

Thank you.
2022-8-20
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That would have been a great shot! It looks like your horizon isn't level which would cause stitching issues. Perhaps you need to calibrate your gimbal?
2022-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

forbsie Posted at 8-20 15:59
That would have been a great shot! It looks like your horizon isn't level which would cause stitching issues. Perhaps you need to calibrate your gimbal?

Exactly what i was going to say
2022-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Amit Dunsky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the gimbal of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be able to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2022-8-20
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

OK. So it seems you're all right: Now that you've mentioned it, I remembered that after taking that shot, I noticed the horizon isn't level, and did actually calibrate the gimbal while it was still up there.
I have a habit of screen recording all my flights, so I went back to that flight recording, and reconfirmed my memory - see attached picture here.

So I learned something new here: The gimbal needs to be leveled for a 360 stitching to succeed. Thank you all for that. Highly appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 065021.jpg
2022-8-20
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-20 19:09
Exactly what i was going to say

Great minds ;)
2022-8-20
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Amit Dunsky Posted at 8-20 20:16
OK. So it seems you're all right: Now that you've mentioned it, I remembered that after taking that shot, I noticed the horizon isn't level, and did actually calibrate the gimbal while it was still up there.
I have a habit of screen recording all my flights, so I went back to that flight recording, and reconfirmed my memory - see attached picture here.

If it was a special scene you might have some success using an external panorama stitcher to stitch the images manually. Good luck in sorting!
2022-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-20 21:09
If it was a special scene you might have some success using an external panorama stitcher to stitch the images manually. Good luck in sorting!

There would be a lot of clipping involved but yeah, i should be salvageable.
2022-8-20
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Bussty Posted at 8-20 21:09

The location is only 5 minutes drive from my house. The weather outside is still very much summer, and going to the beach seems to me like a lot more fun than stitching sideways frames at home. So, I think I'll just put on my shorts, take my little flying buddy and head over to that beach again.

2022-8-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Amit Dunsky Posted at 8-21 00:26
The location is only 5 minutes drive from my house. The weather outside is still very much summer, and going to the beach seems to me like a lot more fun than stitching sideways frames at home. So, I think I'll just put on my shorts, take my little flying buddy and head over to that beach again.

Sounds like a much better and enjoyable plan
2022-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 8-21 00:26
The location is only 5 minutes drive from my house. The weather outside is still very much summer, and going to the beach seems to me like a lot more fun than stitching sideways frames at home. So, I think I'll just put on my shorts, take my little flying buddy and head over to that beach again.

That's a much better plan Amit.    Have fun.
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules