1552 31 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All updates performed, gimbal checked for level horizon, ideal flying conditions (virtually no wind).
I was keen to try this function of the Mini3Pro - the one I was most looking forward to.
Three panoramas executed - all of which exhibit poor stitching in one or two areas.
After the first one, I thought it may have been just the vertical axis at the start/finish point, but there are horizontal
mismatches as well.
I'm wondering if it's a problem with the rate of movement of the drone between shots - there seems to be little time for the drone/gimbal
to settle before the next shot is taken.

Screenshot (27).jpg
Screenshot (28).png
Screenshot (29).jpg
2022-8-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Mr B the internal stitcher seems quite variable, I never use it. Have you tried setting the output to RAW or jpegs then stitching them manually?  Invariably will give a better result. When you are spending $100-$200 on an external stitcher that's rock solid you know DJI isn't going to be incorporating that level of accuracy and adjustability in a drone that already has a lot to think about. If you have 35 jpegs or DNG's to package up send a Google Drive link and happy to see how it goes in PTGUI but I think you'll get an OK job from Microsoft ICE .  Having said that square buildings and tiled and corrugated iron rooves are tough for any stitcher...
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-21 04:26
Mr B the internal stitcher seems quite variable, I never use it. Have you tried setting the output to RAW or jpegs then stitching them manually?  Invariably will give a better result. When you are spending $100-$200 on an external stitcher that's rock solid you know DJI isn't going to be incorporating that level of accuracy and adjustability in a drone that already has a lot to think about. If you have 35 jpegs or DNG's to package up send a Google Drive link and happy to see how it goes in PTGUI but I think you'll get an OK job from Microsoft ICE .  Having said that square buildings and tiled and corrugated iron rooves are tough for any stitcher...

Valid observations, Bussty, thanks.
At the default settings, the Mini3Pro just produces a finished article, and the individual images seem to be discarded. I shall have to set J-RAW to get the saved images in order to work on them externally.
I have Microsoft ICE and AutoPano Giga.
Next job will be to alter the settings in the drone and save the individual images to work on
2022-8-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 04:32
Valid observations, Bussty, thanks.
At the default settings, the Mini3Pro just produces a finished article, and the individual images seem to be discarded. I shall have to set J-RAW to get the saved images in order to work on them externally.
I have Microsoft ICE and AutoPano Giga.

Tis the best path
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-21 12:14
Tis the best path

2022-8-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Blériot53. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can share what editing / stiching software they are using to create 360 Panoramic Photos. Thank you.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-21 21:14
Hello there Blériot53. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can share what editing / stiching software they are using to create 360 Panoramic Photos. Thank you.

DJI Stephen, may be your team could look again at these shortcomings to see if there is a solution, if the problem persists?
2022-8-21
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

I noticed stitching errors on cars too.

My next try will be using DNG images in Affinity Photo, which is my preferred photo editor and is also able to create all kinds of panos.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-21 22:42
I noticed stitching errors on cars too.

My next try will be using DNG images in Affinity Photo, which is my preferred photo editor and is also able to create all kinds of panos.

I'll be going down that route too, I think. WHen it stops raining
2022-8-21
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seriously bad stitching errors, DJI please look into this and provide a solution.
2022-8-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 8-25 14:11
Seriously bad stitching errors, DJI please look into this and provide a solution.

Meantime, l'ii try to ignore the imperfections
2022-8-25
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 8-25 22:57
Meantime, l'ii try to ignore the imperfections

As long as I still made my panoramas with the Mavic Air, my workflow was very elaborate and complicated. Because the version of PanoramaStudio at this time couldn't handle DNGs properly, the DNGs had to be first developed in Adobe Camera Raw, corrected for brightness and color, and finally transferred to Photoshop, where retouching (propeller shadows, etc.) was done. Saved as TIFFs, I then stitched them in PanoramaStudio, which was generally flawless. Afterwards, the finished rectangular image was manually given a realistic sky in Photoshop. This was done via content aware filling in both 2D and 3D modes. Finally, the whole image was finally refined in Photoshop and plug-ins.

Thanks to the new firmware of the Mini 3, the process has become much easier. The DNGs can now be read and developed directly into PanoramaStudio and stitched without errors. The sky is also finished – except for a small strip. Finally, the TIFF goes straight to Photoshop for qualitative fine-tuning and for the missing part of the sky. Done!

Dear Blériot, you have invested 1000 $ for the Mini 3. Invest another $80 for the latest PanoramaStudio 3 Pro version, and ~ $60 for Affinity Photo. Then you have the complete tools for first class panoramas in the fastest way. PS3P does the DNG development and stitching, Affinity Photo solves spherical correction problems with its excellent 3D processing and does the qualitative finishing. Plus, with PanoramaStudio, after importing the finished pano back, you still have the option of exporting your pano to HTML5 ready to run.

This panorama has a similar motif to the one you showed above. It was created using my new, fast workflow and is absolutely error-free.

Think about it!

(...and sorry for my poor school english ;-))

2022-8-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 8-26 00:34
As long as I still made my panoramas with the Mavic Air, my workflow was very elaborate and complicated. Because the version of PanoramaStudio at this time couldn't handle DNGs properly, the DNGs had to be first developed in Adobe Camera Raw, corrected for brightness and color, and finally transferred to Photoshop, where retouching (propeller shadows, etc.) was done. Saved as TIFFs, I then stitched them in PanoramaStudio, which was generally flawless. Afterwards, the finished rectangular image was manually given a realistic sky in Photoshop. This was done via content aware filling in both 2D and 3D modes. Finally, the whole image was finally refined in Photoshop and plug-ins.

Thanks to the new firmware of the Mini 3, the process has become much easier. The DNGs can now be read and developed directly into PanoramaStudio and stitched without errors. The sky is also finished – except for a small strip. Finally, the TIFF goes straight to Photoshop for qualitative fine-tuning and for the missing part of the sky. Done!

It does look rather splendid.  You make a good case for the software
I may see what the kids are prepared to spend on their dad ( I have a birthday coming up
(Und Ihr Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch)
2022-8-26
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

Honestly i do not get why all the stitching or assembling hyperlapse is made on the drone mid flight blocking all other actions during this.
IMHO should be an option to do it after landing on connected PC/MAC.
2022-8-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bxq Posted at 8-26 03:48
Honestly i do not get why all the stitching or assembling hyperlapse is made on the drone mid flight blocking all other actions during this.
IMHO should be an option to do it after landing on connected PC/MAC.

It might help. yes.
2022-8-26
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Has anyone had any luck stitching these 360 Panos in Adobe Lightroom?
2022-8-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterIOM Posted at 8-26 07:24
Has anyone had any luck stitching these 360 Panos in Adobe Lightroom?

Not me, sorry.
2022-8-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Affinity and PTGui Pro are seamline aware plus can manage HDR, exposure fusion and masking. Worth investing IMO.
Doesn't fix the DNG vignetting issue currently still present however, I do that with a custom LCC in CaptureOnePro.
2022-8-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AVsupport Posted at 8-27 22:36
Affinity and PTGui Pro are seamline aware plus can manage HDR, exposure fusion and masking. Worth investing IMO.
Doesn't fix the DNG vignetting issue currently still present however, I do that with a custom LCC in CaptureOnePro.

We're getting into the realms of Too Complicated for my casual interest
And my limited brain power
2022-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, I noticed this too!
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-30 00:53
Yes, I noticed this too!

It's a disappointment - but only if you look too closely
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 8-30 01:02
It's a disappointment - but only if you look too closely

How did autopano do?
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-30 01:04
How did autopano do?

It does a better job of the stitching, from the DNG files, but the colours are washed out and I have to bring them back up with software.
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 8-30 01:21
It does a better job of the stitching, from the DNG files, but the colours are washed out and I have to bring them back up with software.

I never use DNG TBH.
Requires too much post processing (AEB has that too, but still less)
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-30 01:36
I never use DNG TBH.
Requires too much post processing (AEB has that too, but still less)

Thing is, the MINI3Pro doesn't store the individual frames if you shoot 360 in JPEG. It composits them in flight and just presents you with the finished Pano.
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 8-30 02:28
Thing is, the MINI3Pro doesn't store the individual frames if you shoot 360 in JPEG. It composits them in flight and just presents you with the finished Pano.

Oh ok. Weird.
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is rather.
2022-8-30
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

For good results, there is only the hard way (which you can walk on various side paths).

I often spent several hours working on my Mavic Air panos, although much of which were spent creating the missing sky.

2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they will fix that.
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SPLflyer Posted at 8-30 03:28
For good results, there is only the hard way (which you can walk on various side paths).

I often spent several hours working on my Mavic Air panos, although much of which were spent creating the missing sky.

I figured out the skyfill using Layers in Autopano Giga.
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-30 03:55
I hope they will fix that.

Here's hoping
2022-8-30
Use props