1150 75 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A third test of the Mini3Pro's sphere capabilities.

2022-8-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nice one - like the many bridges.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 8-21 08:09
Nice one - like the many bridges.

Thanks Depp. Yes, necessary infrastructure, as the town is divided by a ravine about 40 metres deep.
2022-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive 360 Mr. B.  360s   I really  like the 360 panos as you can't beat the view from the middle looking out in a complete circle.  Nice to longer see a small hole in the top of the sky.  You are getting quite accomplished at these Mr. B.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-21 13:18
Very impressive 360 Mr. B.  360s   I really  like the 360 panos as you can't beat the view from the middle looking out in a complete circle.  Nice to longer see a small hole in the top of the sky.  You are getting quite accomplished at these Mr. B.

I'm going to try externally stitching the RAW images to see if any improvement can be achieved over the auto-stitching by DJI.
2022-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 13:24
I'm going to try externally stitching the RAW images to see if any improvement can be achieved over the auto-stitching by DJI.

I'm sure you can do a bit better with manual stitching but it's a shame that DJI can't tweak the auto method some more.  Oh well, gives something to do on rain days.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-21 13:38
I'm sure you can do a bit better with manual stitching but it's a shame that DJI can't tweak the auto method a some more.  Oh well, gives something to do on rain days.

Maybe they will, in time.  Meantime - there are plenty of rainy days
2022-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 13:47
Maybe they will, in time.  Meantime - there are plenty of rainy days

Still getting a daily rain here.  Never seen this much rain here at this time of year.  Been here 20+ years now and nowhere near this much rain.  Of course, I'd much prefer the rain over any hurricane to start building in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico.
2022-8-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Is this the example you posted elsewhere re stitching errors? I wouldn't have found it otherwise but someone always will    Any software stitching issues aside these are very cool
2022-8-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Oh and this is for DJI (Hello DJI) I think they aren't processing these auto internal stitches like they do their normal jpegs, if you look at the clouds on the horizon you will see a green magenta subtle banding, I think true accurate processing of the RAW images removes that but these internal panos are all about speed so I think they are missing a step in image management...
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-21 14:36
Still getting a daily rain here.  Never seen this much rain here at this time of year.  Been here 20+ years now and nowhere near this much rain.  Of course, I'd much prefer the rain over any hurricane to start building in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico.

Another drizzly no-fly morning here. 4 days without a Dawn Patrol.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-21 16:35
Oh and this is for DJI (Hello DJI) I think they aren't processing these auto internal stitches like they do their normal jpegs, if you look at the clouds on the horizon you will see a green magenta subtle banding, I think true accurate processing of the RAW images removes that but these internal panos are all about speed so I think they are missing a step in image management...

I'm now looking for things - I don't see.
One thing which did strike me - at the time of shooting the images - was that it's a much faster operation than when shooting panos with another Fly App I use. That offers the option of allowing a second's pause after each movement of the drone, to allow the gimbal to stabilise, before taking the shot.
With the DJI App that doesn't happen, and I wondered if this rapidity is what gives rise to slight mis-matches that stitching cannot overcome?
2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that a red canal boat??  Its very red.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-21 16:31
Is this the example you posted elsewhere re stitching errors? I wouldn't have found it otherwise but someone always will    Any software stitching issues aside these are very cool

Thanks Bussty.  Maybe I'm becoming a Pixel-peeper
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 23:17
Is that a red canal boat??  Its very red.

If it's the red bit I think you mean, it's someone's Patio set at the last house on the edge of the precipice
That's the river 40m below, not the canal.
2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 23:39
If it's the red bit I think you mean, it's someone's Patio set at the last house on the edge of the precipice
That's the river 40m below, not the canal.

Ah yes thats it,   looked like it was in the river to me.   

Ps. for a moment there I thought you were going to say something like, "thats Mrs Tivels patios set at number 13."  Insert silly accent too.
2022-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 23:41
Ah yes thats it,   looked like it was in the river to me.   

Ps. for a moment there I thought you were going to say something like, "thats Mrs Tivels patios set at number 13."  Insert silly accent too.

You've lost me there
2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 23:58
You've lost me there

I know thats probably more of a Yorkshire joke.  
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 00:00
I know thats probably more of a Yorkshire joke.

DO they have humour in Yorkshire?
I thought it was all Flat Caps and whippets
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 21:51
One thing which did strike me - at the time of shooting the images - was that it's a much faster operation than when shooting panos with another Fly App I use. That offers the option of allowing a second's pause after each movement of the drone, to allow the gimbal to stabilise, before taking the shot.
With the DJI App that doesn't happen, and I wondered if this rapidity is what gives rise to slight mis-matches that stitching cannot overcome?

When I stitch the files as opposed to use the onboard version the time taken feels about the same so not sure that is it, plus at f1.7 the shutter speed is so fast it could withstand some movement maybe?
2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 00:06
DO they have humour in Yorkshire?
I thought it was all Flat Caps and whippets

lol,    Last of the summer wine would make you believe they did.
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 21:41
Another drizzly no-fly morning here. 4 days without a Dawn Patrol.

Uh oh, somebodies going into no fly withdrawals.  

Hopefully, the weather will be better for you soon.  By the way, we have rain predicted (90%)  for the next 3 days here so I haven't been flying either.  Good news is we aren't experiencing the drought that states on the west coast are suffering through.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 00:30
When I stitch the files as opposed to use the onboard version the time taken feels about the same so not sure that is it, plus at f1.7 the shutter speed is so fast it could withstand some movement maybe?

Dunno.  I managed aquick flight bwtween showers.
Shot 1 pano in JPEG only, then the same one in J-RAW.
They look very similar (both with stitching errors), but at least from the second one I have the Raw(DNG) images to play with. They wre saved to the SD card.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 01:12
lol,    Last of the summer wine would make you believe they did.

Well that's pure humour, for sure
Comedy Gold.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 02:12
Uh oh, somebodies going into no fly withdrawals.  

Hopefully, the weather will be better for you soon.  By the way, we have rain predicted (90%)  for the next 3 days here so I haven't been flying either.  Good news is we aren't experiencing the drought that states on the west coast are suffering through.

The global weather is in turmoil. We came home in a downpour from our trip out, but here it's just drizzle.
Drones tucked away snug and dry.
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 06:03
Dunno.  I managed aquick flight bwtween showers.
Shot 1 pano in JPEG only, then the same one in J-RAW.
They look very similar (both with stitching errors), but at least from the second one I have the Raw(DNG) images to play with. They wre saved to the SD card.

Have you tried external software yet? Sorry to hear about your weather does sound more like the UK though rather than this weird drought business
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 12:11
Have you tried external software yet? Sorry to hear about your weather does sound more like the UK though rather than this weird drought business

I put the DNG files through Autopano Giga. And although the stitching was better, the colour and brightness were pretty poor.  I'll try Microsoft ICE next.
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-21 21:51

Ohhh... check out attached, will be easier to see I have cranked up the saturation. That green/magenta banding doesn't exist on manually stitched panos from jpegs or of using DNG's processed through Adobe Camera RAW. But does exist on DJI Internal stitched panos. I'm sure its from the lack of corrections to the raw data...
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 12:35
I put the DNG files through Autopano Giga. And although the stitching was better, the colour and brightness were pretty poor.  I'll try Microsoft ICE next.

Offer still there Mr B if you want to send a link to try in PTGUI or you could download a trial of PTGUI or Panorama Studio.  Good luck!  
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 06:06
The global weather is in turmoil. We came home in a downpour from our trip out, but here it's just drizzle.
Drones tucked away snug and dry.

It sure is.  With the rain forecast here for the next 3-4 days undoubtedly will continue to be No Fly days.  At least I was able to get in a really long dive today and clean the entire bottom of my boat.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 14:19
Ohhh... check out attached, will be easier to see I have cranked up the saturation. That green/magenta banding doesn't exist on manually stitched panos from jpegs or of using DNG's processed through Adobe Camera RAW. But does exist on DJI Internal stitched panos. I'm sure its from the lack of corrections to the raw data...
[view_image]

Maybe it the screen of my old laptop, but I don't see any banding. But when I composited the DNG files  (twice)   I got a very dark image from AutopanoGiga, but the stitching was much better. Then with Microspft ICE the colour and brightness were better, but the image was very poor, even though the stitching was better.
I've tried PTGUI in the past - the logos littered all over the trial version were annoying
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 14:30
Offer still there Mr B if you want to send a link to try in PTGUI or you could download a trial of PTGUI or Panorama Studio.  Good luck!

PTGUI was the first thing I tried, about 6 months ago.
Then I found AutoPano Giga , an old program which is now free - maybe because it has been surpassed by newer technology. But it works quite well l thought.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 14:54
It sure is.  With the rain forecast here for the next 3-4 days undoubtedly will continue to be No Fly days.  At least I was able to get in a really long dive today and clean the entire bottom of my boat.

That sounds more like a chore than a pleasure.
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 22:01
Maybe it the screen of my old laptop, but I don't see any banding. But when I composited the DNG files  (twice)   I got a very dark image from AutopanoGiga, but the stitching was much better. Then with Microspft ICE the colour and brightness were better, but the image was very poor, even though the stitching was better.
I've tried PTGUI in the past - the logos littered all over the trial version were annoying

Oh dear you are not having much luck. Maybe try producing jpegs off the pano and use those... should be better. How old is your laptop?
2022-8-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 22:04
PTGUI was the first thing I tried, about 6 months ago.
Then I found AutoPano Giga , an old program which is now free - maybe because it has been surpassed by newer technology. But it works quite well l thought.

I'd try it with jpegs DJI optimizes those. You'll get there
2022-8-22
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do love these shots.  I know its sad but I also try to see where the pilot is on these..   I know I do need to get out more, but if I did I would only be flying..    Cool Sphere
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 22:20
Oh dear you are not having much luck. Maybe try producing jpegs off the pano and use those... should be better. How old is your laptop?

The problem is, if you shoot the pano in jpeg, the image is composited immediately in the DJI software and the individual images don't appear to be saved.  Only when I shoot in J-RAW do I get the DNG files.
This laptop is as old as Methuselah ( Windows 7 upgraded to 10) but the one l use for editing is a mean machine. I just have to get the wife off it to use it
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-22 22:21
I'd try it with jpegs DJI optimizes those. You'll get there

I may just settle for the DJI rendered panos and suffer the imperfections.
All the rest is too much hassle
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 8-22 23:22
I do love these shots.  I know its sad but I also try to see where the pilot is on these..   I know I do need to get out more, but if I did I would only be flying..    Cool Sphere

Thanks.  You won't spot me in that one though
2022-8-22
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-22 23:49
Thanks.  You won't spot me in that one though

Wouldn't know where to start
2022-8-22