DJI GO 4 app problems - when will there be a solution?
648 4 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KriegTiger
lvl.1
United States

This is getting a bit ridiculous, DJI. I have seen COUNTLESS posts about this complaint all over the web, including here.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and am stuck having to rely on a 5 year old device (Pixel 2XL), running a whole OS version back (Android 11), and being required to side-load the app all because you want to point the finger at Google.

Plenty of other accessory device makers (GoPro, Depstech, Garmin, Seek Thermal, Reolink, etc just to name a few on my phone) are able to get their stuff to work on newer Android devices and OS versions and distribute via Google Play JUST FINE.

At least the Osmo 4 software is functional on Android 12 and my Pixel 6, so it's definitely possible for your code to work on newer stuff - but again why is that not able to be distributed through Google Play?

Seriously - what is it about the drones that breaks your ability to work within normal boundaries here? Please point out  one valid reason why the officially supported mobile device list is a  littany of outdated devices and you refuse to work within the official  software channels of the platform.

2022-8-21
Use props
Agphotowings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649744 ft
Australia

I can not work out why it can be fine one day and refuse to open the next??? Tried downloading and update too many times to remember ; both google play and DJI site.
2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flying Mavic 2 Pro with the latest iPhone 13 Pro Max with no issues at all,  perhaps you could upgrade to a newer phone.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_1nmOfqpMuof2
New

Germany

I am having issue with DJI Go4 app too. Having Mavic 2 pro with Samsung note 20 ultra. Since yesterday afternoon, was working fine but App started crashing since evening. It say "the app has a bug and DJI team is fixing it" and then keeps on crashing. have tried all the solutions provided on internet and this forum but no success.
2022-8-22
Use props
KriegTiger
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 23:08
Flying Mavic 2 Pro with the latest iPhone 13 Pro Max with no issues at all,  perhaps you could upgrade to a newer phone.

Newer equipment is the problem.  The 'officially supported' list of hardware for the app under Android is all years old because DJI hasn't invested the time on keeping the app up to date with Android coding specifications (that Google publishes well ahead of OS releases).

Also 'go get a new device' isn't exactly a great help when that new device is a completely different platform than what I'm using (and would have all the headache that comes with changing everything about your digital life that would need to go with that), as well as being economically a bad suggestion - 'go spend $1000+ on a new phone to run a single app'. It's not even like the phone is the controller itself - it's literally just a display unit for the controller.
2022-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules