Mini 3 Hyperlapse Waypoints - Where are they saved?
4863 14 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

Hey

So I am experimenting with creating a series of Hyperlapse Waypoint missions that I will run at different times of day and different seasons to create some cool footage.

When I save these sets of Waypoints on the drone - where are they actually stored? If I format the SD card will they dissappear - can they be viewed / edited in any way?
2022-8-21
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bumping back up
2022-8-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

That would be pretty cool footage if you have 4 seasons where you are. Are you looking for a file you can save on a PC or something?
Worst case, use a specific SD card just for that footage, that is assuming the waypoints are stored there.
2022-8-23
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-23 06:38
That would be pretty cool footage if you have 4 seasons where you are. Are you looking for a file you can save on a PC or something?
Worst case, use a specific SD card just for that footage, that is assuming the waypoints are stored there.

We do indeed have 4 seasons, and I want to do 3 different times of day in each season. The issue is not knowing where the waypoints are stored, and I always format the sd card when I fly. At the moment I daren’t. I’ll have to experiment with a different card and see if the waypoint files still appear
2022-8-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You can check for your self. Take the MicroSD out, fire up the drone and see if the waypoints are still there.
2022-8-23
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-23 07:48
You can check for your self. Take the MicroSD out, fire up the drone and see if the waypoints are still there.

Yup, that’s the plan, as per my last reply. But would have been nice to know exactly where and how they are stored and in what format. Especially if once you have them saved you could then make edits to the heights / Co-ordinates of the saved waypoints somehow.
2022-8-23
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So I swapped out SD cards tonight and the waypoints are still there - so they must either be in the drone or the RC controller...
2022-8-24
Use props
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

Hey,

I am confused. Many mavic mini drones are able to perform waypoints with video, but the M3P is not?
Is this a feature for future firmware updates?

kind regards Peter
2022-9-2
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

pele2020 Posted at 9-2 09:40
Hey,

I am confused. Many mavic mini drones are able to perform waypoints with video, but the M3P is not?

Hi Peter. To my knowledge, no DJI Mini drones have waypoints for video. Only by using 3rd party software like Litchi or Mavern can they do this. It doesn’t look like DJI intend to release the SDK for the Mini 3
2022-9-2
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

pele2020 Posted at 9-2 09:40
Hey,

for the Mini 1 & 2, you can use for example Litchi, where you can save waypoint missions and repeat them.
for the M3p, this is (not yet) possible, because DJI has to open the SDK gates and what I read so far, this is not planned!
2022-9-10
Use props
pele2020
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2600305 ft
Germany

HarleyFlyer Posted at 9-2 09:43
Hi Peter. To my knowledge, no DJI Mini drones have waypoints for video. Only by using 3rd party software like Litchi or Mavern can they do this. It doesn’t look like DJI intend to release the SDK for the Mini 3

Yes, that's what I was experiencing--- I hope that the new SDK gives the second party apps the possibility to achieve this. For most cinematic shots I don't need a big drone. I need a small and professional drone with a lot of battery and a good camera. The bigger drones do scare people. Its counterproductive for a video production that works with people. And I worked with big drones, helicopter and many more.
What I really need is a small drone with a programmable interface so that I can store and reenact my work. or plan my work.
2022-10-1
Use props
jhatfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

So far with my dji mini 3 pro (dji rc) I have figured out how to save and rename waypoint hype lapse  missions, but can't figure out how to delete them? Also can't find a way to even access them without being airborne.
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_nICFTLtkwaHP
New

United States

How do you actually save the waypoint course?
2022-12-18
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rather than try and explain it - there's a ton of YouTube videos that explain -here's one (I haven't watched myself)
2023-2-20
Use props
mrsr71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40394 ft
United States

jhatfield Posted at 2022-11-4 10:36
So far with my dji mini 3 pro (dji rc) I have figured out how to save and rename waypoint hype lapse  missions, but can't figure out how to delete them? Also can't find a way to even access them without being airborne.

Once you have the waypoints pulled-up on the screen, delete the ones you want by sliding it left.

I finally had to ask DJI as I couldn’t figure it out
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules