Rapid USB connection and disconnection
1029 8 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faraz Ali
lvl.1
Pakistan

Hi,

I own a Mi Redmi 10 phone with android 11. When I connect my phone with the controller immedialtey I start getting adntiod USB connections options window asking to choose between :

• No Data Transfer
  • File Transfer/Andriod Auto
  • Trasnfer Photos (PTP)

The dialogue box open and vanishes on repeat quite rapidly.. I haven't measure but would say within 5 secs it open and goes 3-4 times.

You can see the video here : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Mj045au7_zI

The DJI app opens but then it does not go beyond the 1st screen as the connection is not made and hence I cannot fly the drone. I have tried uninstalling and then downloading the lates app from DJI website today, but the same issue presists.

On the other hand using same cable , When I connect my wife's phone (Oppo Reno 2F Model 2019), the app works like a charm and I can easily fly the drone. This is bit strange as my phone is newer (2021) than my wife with latest andriod updates but is not able function. My wife phone working with same USB cable indicates there is nothing wrong wih the cable.

Anyone facing similiar issues? and how to resolve this?

Please Help,

Regards
Syed Faraz Majid Ali

2022-8-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Syed Faraz Majid Ali. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information and this video of the issue as well. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-21
Use props
Faraz Ali
lvl.1
Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-21 19:08
Hello there Syed Faraz Majid Ali. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information and this video of the issue as well. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. Kindly please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned in my initial message that I did reinstalled the DJI Fly App on my phone. The version which I used is version 1.6.12(1610-official).

I will try once more tomorrow and will update here.
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Faraz Ali Posted at 8-23 11:01
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned in my initial message that I did reinstalled the DJI Fly App on my phone. The version which I used is version 1.6.12(1610-official).

Hi there Faraz Ali. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-8-25
Use props
Faraz Ali
lvl.1
Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 21:46
Hi there Faraz Ali. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi

I have checked it again today. I downloaded the latest DJI Fly app from DJI store. The App version was DJI Fly v1.7.0(2215-official) and encountering the same issue. i.e. the rapid USB connections/disconnections.
2022-9-4
Use props
Faraz Ali
lvl.1
Pakistan

HI, any updates on this?
2022-11-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens if the app is off?
What happens if you connect the phone to a computer?
Have you tried another cable? I have seen cables work with one phone and not another.
2022-11-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It sounds like a bad connection. Check both ports(phone and controller) for trash. It could also be a bad cable.
2022-11-12
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Sean-bumble-bee  and Mobilehomer has suggested check the usb cable. From my experience encountering that connect/disconnect on android has always been the usb cable being used.
2022-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules