1169 14 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gringa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
Poland

Hi,
If I buy Mini 3 with no RC - does it mean I will be able to connect my Mini 2 remote to control the Mini 3?
Do I need to disconnect the RC from Mini 2 somehow before connecting to Mini 3?

Asking because I lost my Mini 2 a month ago but have the remote and all other accessories. So I am considering to buy Mini 3 No RC option

2022-8-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the RC-N1 from the Mini 2 will work with the Mini 3 Pro. Note that none of the other Mini 2 accessories will work with the Mini 3 Pro.
2022-8-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In terms of control there is no need to 'disconnect' the controller from the mini 2, the pairing with the Mini 3 will take care of that.
However, there may be a need to severe any bindings between the controller and the old drone but those are not control related as such and, depending on the nature of the binding, maybe ignorable.
2022-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry to know about what happened to your DJI Mini 2 aircraft. You can simply perform the linking process and the aircraft (DJI mini 3) will connect to your RC. Please note that only the remote controller of the DJI Mini 2 (RC-N1) and other accessories are not compatible. Lastly, please make sure that the firmware is updated for both devices. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-21
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

Yeah, I know other accessories are not reusable. Thanks all for advice
2022-8-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

Yeah, I know other accessories are not reusable. Thanks all for advice
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you never got your Mini 2 rescued while in Copenhagen.  I think you will enjoy the function upgrades that Mini 3 has over Mini 2.  
2022-8-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 02:55
Sorry you never got your Mini 2 rescued while in Copenhagen.  I think you will enjoy the function upgrades that Mini 3 has over Mini 2.

Have you tried Mini 3 already?
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gringa Posted at 8-22 03:27
Have you tried Mini 3 already?

I have and I really like it.  I also bought one for my grandson and he loves his also.  On really windy days I use the Air 2S but otherwise it is much easier to take out the Mini 3.  Nice that it does true portrait mode.  Makes it easier to post on TikTok and much better for viewing on smartphones.  

I think you'll really like it, especially if you liked the Mini 2.  Lots of upgrades.
2022-8-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 03:40
I have and I really like it.  I also bought one for my grandson and he loves his also.  On really windy days I use the Air 2S but otherwise it is much easier to take out the Mini 3.  Nice that it does true portrait mode.  Makes it easier to post on TikTok and much better for viewing on smartphones.  

I think you'll really like it, especially if you liked the Mini 2.  Lots of upgrades.

Cool thanks for an opinion, it's invaluable!
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gringa Posted at 8-22 03:50
Cool thanks for an opinion, it's invaluable!

You're very welcome.    Have a fantastic day and a great week.
2022-8-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 03:54
You're very welcome.    Have a fantastic day and a great week.

Same to you!
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  The forecast calls for rain for next 3-4 days so probably will be no fly days but going to try to get out my scuba gear and get in a couple of dives.  
2022-8-22
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Poland

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-22 14:51
Thanks.  The forecast calls for rain for next 3-4 days so probably will be no fly days but going to try to get out my scuba gear and get in a couple of dives.

Here is the opposite - nice weather - although sometimes windy.
Good I managed to fly a bit before I lost my Mini.
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gringa Posted at 8-22 23:29
Here is the opposite - nice weather - although sometimes windy.
Good I managed to fly a bit before I lost my Mini.

Great to hear the weather is nice at your locale.  Hopefully, you'll get back into drone flying before too long.  
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules