Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pilot change to DJI GO and now I have to update?
1155 3 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wait...how did DJI just change my app on their own? And why do I have to update my aircraft to use it? I need to fly right now for a project.

UPDATE: it appers things will work without updating my firmware, unlike this article says http://thenextweb.com/apps/2015/ ... from-the-app-store/

I don't know what to do about firmware. Seems like changing the firware gives more people more problems.

So, can I safely use the new app with old firmware?
2015-8-6
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

Any app can update if you have automatic updates turned on on the device. You can still use that app on older firmware. Just ignore the message.
2015-8-6
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

dansonamission Posted at 2015-8-7 06:20
Any app can update if you have automatic updates turned on on the device. You can still use that app ...

Shoot, you're right. I must have auto updates turned on with this ipad. I went online and there was an article that said users would have to update the phantom3 to use the new app. Really thought I just got screwed over tough.
2015-8-6
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like you have found out, you can fly the P3 with the latest App without updating the firmware.. I don't know what firmware you are currently on but can tell you that 1.3.2 is a good one so no need to worry about updating to it..
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules