video split into files that are too small
3709 8 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf3acf998
lvl.1

Spain

Is it possible to configure the DJI Action 2 so that long videos are not split into such small pieces?
A 20 minute video appears to me split into 2 minute portions (approx. 1.1 Gb 4k/30fps/max). I would like to be able to at least get close to 4 Gb per file.

2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For Osmo Pocket/Osmo Action, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started.

Reasons:
1. For SD cards with a memory of less than 64GB, only the FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.

2. For SD cards with memory greater than or equal to 64GB, only the exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulting from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.
2022-8-22
Use props
fansf3acf998
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-22 23:49
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For Osmo Pocket/Osmo Action, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started.

Reasons:

Yes i now FAT32 limits an 4 GB recomendation. But why my split files are only 1 GB or less ?
2022-8-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is this when the camera is subject to a lot of vibration?   Some users have found that vibration is affecting the connection between the camera and the other unit and maybe that is causing a disconnect forcing a new file to be started.  Yes, that is a wild guess...
2022-8-23
Use props
fansf3acf998
lvl.1

Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-23 08:17
Is this when the camera is subject to a lot of vibration?   Some users have found that vibration is affecting the connection between the camera and the other unit and maybe that is causing a disconnect forcing a new file to be started.  Yes, that is a wild guess...

camara in on a table, without any movement.

Here show

and the settings
2022-8-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What is that "20m" in the display - have you got it set to loop recording??

[Edit - indeed that's your problem, I just checked on mine and you see "20m" when you have it set to 20 minute looping]

2022-8-24
Use props
fansf3acf998
lvl.1

Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-24 13:58
What is that "20m" in the display - have you got it set to loop recording??

[Edit - indeed that's your problem, I just checked on mine and you see "20m" when you have it set to 20 minute looping]

Yes, it' setup as 20 m. loop, disabled looping and now video file is not splited and go till 3.66 Gb.

Seems hard to find a good documentation about all the camera funcions.
2022-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansf3acf998 Posted at 8-22 23:52
Yes i now FAT32 limits an 4 GB recomendation. But why my split files are only 1 GB or less ?

Thank you for keeping us posted. We will coordinate this with our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
NanaEnter666
lvl.1
Poland

I'm curious if a fix for this inconvenience have been found ?!
For me is ridiculous to split files in 4GB in 22 for file system limitation like Windows FAT 95  
Second I'm agree with the solution, but without chopping the entire video footage with small missing pices, else with this solution the entire product looks like a kinder garden toy.
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules