6014 28 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi All / Dji,

Yesterday (August 21st) I got a pop up on my RC Pro to upgrade firmware , I did , and it said in the release notes that support is added for Mini 3 Pro (which is amazing) and also support is added for FPV Live. I was wondering if anyone knows what FPV Live is? Is it possibly that Dji added support for FPV Goggles that come with DJI FPV drone?

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-8-22
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

DJI RC Pro Release Notes
https://www.dji.com/rc-pro Copyright © 2021 DJI All Rights Reserved.                      1  
Release Date: 2022.08.17 Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0900 DJI Fly App: v1.6.12  
What’s New?
 Added support to use with DJI Mini 3 Pro.  Added FPV Live.  Fixed some minor bugs.  
Notes:
 The firmware of DJI Mini 3 Pro needs to be updated to v01.00.0300 or later.  FPV Live is supported to use with DJI FPV Goggles V2.  This version contains important updates. It is recommended to update the remote controller.  If the update fails, restart DJI RC Pro, and use DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to retry
2022-8-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Tony64 Posted at 8-22 09:59
DJI RC Pro Release Notes
https://www.dji.com/rc-pro Copyright © 2021 DJI All Rights Reserved.                      1  
Release Date: 2022.08.17 Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0900 DJI Fly App: v1.6.12  

Hi Tony,

Wow DJI gave us access to DJI FPV Goggles on Mavic 3 at least with RC Pro for sure. Thank you, that is good news!!!

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-22
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

Does "The firmware of DJI Mini 3 Pro needs to be updated to v01.00.0300 or later.  FPV Live is supported to use with DJI FPV Goggles V2. " I can buy new goggles and use with M3P ?
I was just reading FAQ where no googles or motion controller for M3P, if so that would be a good news !!
2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

The question is reasonable - I have RC pro and DJI FPV with goggles V2 and out of curiosity connected them with a USB-C cable - nothing I cant see neither DJI FPV feed on RC Pro, neither M3 feed on goggles - so What exactly FPV live means and how to use it?
2022-8-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 8-22 11:58
The question is reasonable - I have RC pro and DJI FPV with goggles V2 and out of curiosity connected them with a USB-C cable - nothing I cant see neither DJI FPV feed on RC Pro, neither M3 feed on goggles - so What exactly FPV live means and how to use it?

Hi Alex,

I have not tried yet. I upgraded firmware on my FPV Goggles and FPV controller / drone to the latest via DJI Assistant, but haven't tried connecting the Goggles to RC Pro yet. I will try and report back. Alex, btw I have a feeling it does not require a connection via a cable, might be over the air, but have not tried it yet, just updated the firmware to latest.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Mzp Posted at 8-22 12:06
Hi Alex,

I have not tried yet. I upgraded firmware on my FPV Goggles and FPV controller / drone to the latest via DJI Assistant, but haven't tried connecting the Goggles to RC Pro yet. I will try and report back. Alex, btw I have a feeling it does not require a connection via a cable, might be over the air, but have not tried it yet, just updated the firmware to latest.

Do you see? This is the problem DJI spit a few words FPV Live and there is not even an Idea What on earth is it and how to use it
2022-8-22
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

alex_markov Posted at 8-22 12:25
Do you see? This is the problem DJI spit a few words FPV Live and there is not even an Idea What on earth is it and how to use it

LOL that's a good one
2022-8-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 8-22 12:25
Do you see? This is the problem DJI spit a few words FPV Live and there is not even an Idea What on earth is it and how to use it

Lol agreed Alex, also completely guessing here that it might be for FPV Goggles v2, but no idea how to connect it as of yet lol
2022-8-22
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 8-22 18:01
Lol agreed Alex, also completely guessing here that it might be for FPV Goggles v2, but no idea how to connect it as of yet lol

Hi Alex / All,

I just tried getting DJI Goggles v2 connected to RC Pro wirelessly , but unfortunately could not figure out how to do it. I do have the latest firmware on Dji Goggle v2, hopefully we will see more news later on how to do or if it's even possible to do, but hoping it's possible. I know it's pretty simple to connect DJI White / DJI RE Goggles (black and red)  to RC Pro via a combination of HDMI mini / full cable / adapters (have not tried it, but saw people doing it as RC Pro outputs video out via HDMI port). Hoping this update will bring wireless connectivity of Mavic 3 to FPV Goggle v2 in the future...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FPV switched on
Goggles V2 switched on
USB-C cable Goggles <--> DJI RC Pro

Inside "Settings" (DJI RC Pro) go to "Display", at the bottom of this menu item slide switch "FPV live" to ON!

Then FPV camera view is visible at DJI RC Pro...!

That's the new functionality...
2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

frankymusik Posted at 8-22 22:34
FPV switched on
Goggles V2 switched on
USB-C cable Goggles  DJI RC Pro

I did not found thi settinga and i was searching. Please can You elaborate?
2022-8-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 8-22 22:41
I did not found thi settinga and i was searching. Please can You elaborate?

As said:
In DJI RC Pro: go to "Settings", then menu item "Display", there at the bottom "FPV Live" slide the switch to the right...
2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro supports the FPV Live function after upgrading to firmware version V03.01.0900. When this function is switched on, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 (DJI FPV Goggles V1 not supported) are connected to the DJI RC Pro via USB and the DJI RC Pro can see the image transmission of the FPV drone, this feed can be output to a third party Monitor via the HDMI of the DJI RC Pro.

Operation Steps:

1. Turn on the FPV Live function on DJI RC Pro, settings path: Settings > Display > FPV Live, as follows:

2. Power on the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV drone, after the FPV drone connects to the DJI FPV Goggles V2 successfully, then connect the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI RC Pro via Type-C to Type-C Cable. Please click"Connection Guide" on the DJI RC Pro, then you will see the image transmission from the DJI FPV drone. (Note: The DJI FPV Goggles V2 needs to be connected to the DJI FPV aircraft, otherwise the display of the DJI FPV Goggles V2 cannot be viewed on the DJI RC Pro.)

3. If the user needs to transfer the image transmission of the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the Monitor, please use the HDMI cable to connect DJI RC Pro and the third-party Monitor, then click "Connection Guide" to see the image transmission, the connection method is as follows:

2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-22 23:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro supports the FPV Live function after upgrading to firmware version V03.01.0900. When this function is switched on, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 (DJI FPV Goggles V1 not supported) are connected to the DJI RC Pro via USB and the DJI RC Pro can see the image transmission of the FPV drone, this feed can be output to a third party Monitor via the HDMI of the DJI RC Pro.

Operation Steps:

thank You, it should have been explained like this since the beginning
2022-8-23
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

Won't be bothering with this upgrade, even though I have the FPV just don't see the point, would have been different matter if I could use the RC Pro to control the drone or see the M3 video feed via the V2 goggles, and even more important, don't need another anti rollback firmware update.

** edit just realised it finally enables FPV flyers to have a decent screen record method now so may be worth it just for that alone **

2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 8-23 00:47
thank You, it should have been explained like this since the beginning

You are always welcome, Alex. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI! Have a wonderful day ahead.
2022-8-23
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI Paladin / Franky,

This a nice a feature to have. I will try it out. I think using Goggles with the drone would allow better control of the drone when flying in tight places, like under a bridge or narrow space between buildings as the eyes are focused on exactly what the drone camera is seeing.

Thank you for this update, Mike.

2022-8-23
Use props
fansea9f5baf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3867083 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-22 23:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro supports the FPV Live function after upgrading to firmware version V03.01.0900. When this function is switched on, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 (DJI FPV Goggles V1 not supported) are connected to the DJI RC Pro via USB and the DJI RC Pro can see the image transmission of the FPV drone, this feed can be output to a third party Monitor via the HDMI of the DJI RC Pro.

Operation Steps:

Thx for the tutorial.

However, for me the app does not appear on the home screen.

Does anybody know whether or not the RC Pro works with the old FPV googles?
2022-9-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fansea9f5baf Posted at 9-6 01:35
Thx for the tutorial.

However, for me the app does not appear on the home screen.

Hi Fans,

I think to get that menu where you see settings, you may need to swipe down from the top or swipe from bottom to top so you can get that settings menu. I have not tried this setup myself yet. I've heard you can connect the DJI White Goggles and DJI Racing Goggle (RE) red color, using a mini or micro hdmi out of the RC Pro via an adapter to hdmi input on the Goggles. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 8-23 05:50
Thank you DJI Paladin / Franky,

This a nice a feature to have. I will try it out. I think using Goggles with the drone would allow better control of the drone when flying in tight places, like under a bridge or narrow space between buildings as the eyes are focused on exactly what the drone camera is seeing.

You are very much welcome, Mzp. Happy flying always!
2022-9-9
Use props
Serge Goyette
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69826 ft
Canada

Hello! Can I use google2 in FPV with my mavic 3 cine drone? Thanks for the information
2022-9-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Serge Goyette Posted at 9-9 04:33
Hello! Can I use google2 in FPV with my mavic 3 cine drone? Thanks for the information

Hi Serge,

I have seen firmware updates for RC Pro mentioning support of DJI Goggles 2. You can try updating to the latest firmware on RC Pro and try to use the above instructions to connect your RC Pro to Dji Goggles 2 via USB-C cable. If it does not work right now, I am almost certain DJI would enable that in a future firmware update. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-9-9
Use props
Jacektfc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4819055 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello i have a problem with DJI rc pro and fpv live.
When I use Avata I can see fpv live on DJI rcpro
But tell me about O3 why I cant see fpv live ?
From DJI goggle v2
Why old smart controler works but new DJI rc pro cant ?
Its expensive product…
Can you fix it ?
2022-12-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jacektfc Posted at 12-4 13:06
Hello i have a problem with DJI rc pro and fpv live.
When I use Avata I can see fpv live on DJI rcpro
But tell me about O3 why I cant see fpv live ?

Hi Jace,

I am not 100% certain on Goggle V2 , but here is a video on youtube how someone connected RC Pro to White Goggles V1 via HDMI output and it also has details on where to buy the adapter. I am thinking if Goggles V2 support third party HDMI in "dummy" display , like for purposes of viewing video sources connected to Goggle V2 via HDMI input port, thinking RC Pro would be no exception to display on Goggles V2. You can check out this video below:

Hope this helps.

P.S. Please check out the cable under the video that is adapter cable suggested by the YouTubber , if Goggles V2 have HDMI in  , thinking it should work.

Thanks, Mike.

2022-12-6
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-8-22 23:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI RC Pro supports the FPV Live function after upgrading to firmware version V03.01.0900. When this function is switched on, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 (DJI FPV Goggles V1 not supported) are connected to the DJI RC Pro via USB and the DJI RC Pro can see the image transmission of the FPV drone, this feed can be output to a third party Monitor via the HDMI of the DJI RC Pro.

Operation Steps:

I have used the Goggles RE with the RC Pro with both the Air2S and the Mavic 3 Classic. Same with the old Smart Controller and its older aircraft the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2, Air2S, Mini 2.... The Air2S works with both controllers.

The Goggles RE has an HDMI in and the RC Pro and Smart Controller has HDMI out. All it takes is an HDMI cable. With the old smart controller you need a Standard to Micro HDMI cable. With the RC Pro, you will need a Mini to Micro HDMI cable.

The above instructions, in post 17#, work for FPV View. I have tested. I would add two things. When you reboot the RC Pro, you will need to re-activate the FPV View once again. It is under the Connection Guide and if it were constant, you would need to disable FPV View to use the RC Pro with other aircraft. The Remote ID will be active as long as you have an Internet source for your RC Pro... (wifi access point to phone, if neccessary).

In the attached photo there are three screens working, the Goggles v2, the RC Pro, and the Goggles RE. I used the old Goggles RE as an HDMI output device. Both the screen on the RC Pro and the screen in the Goggles RE shows the FPV video downlink (no telemetry OSD). What we should have is HDMI in on the Goggles v1 and the Goggles v2.... Maybe DJI could make the v1 and v2 goggles a firmware update that will work with an HDMI to USB-C adapter input.... Please.

Update: and the Screen Record feature on the RC Pro works also (no telemetry OSD). It leaves a video of the screen record in the gallery.

FPV_View2.jpg
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DigitalBoss Posted at 3-23 08:09
I have used the Goggles RE with the RC Pro with both the Air2S and the Mavic 3 Classic. Same with the old Smart Controller and its older aircraft the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2, Air2S, Mini 2.... The Air2S works with both controllers.

The Goggles RE has an HDMI in and the RC Pro and Smart Controller has HDMI out. All it takes is an HDMI cable. With the old smart controller you need a Standard to Micro HDMI cable. With the RC Pro, you will need a Mini to Micro HDMI cable.

Hi, DigitalBoss. We really appreciate your time and effort in testing this setup and sharing with us the steps that you take. We will also coordinate this feedback that you provided to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your continued support. Happy flying!
2023-3-24
Use props
CloudLevelMedia
lvl.1

United States

Does the FPV live work with the original DJI air unit as it did with the original smart controller?
2023-9-18
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CloudLevelMedia Posted at 9-18 11:35
Does the FPV live work with the original DJI air unit as it did with the original smart controller?

Hi CloudLevelMedia,

Don't think it would work with DJI RC Pro, it seems you would need DJI Smart Controller for it.
Please see this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-287840-1-1.html
Hope this helps.

Take care, Mike.
2023-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules