Questions about Ronin 4D E Mount Lenses and focus motor
1498 4 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samwize87
New

United States

Hey everyone,

So I recently aquired a Ronin 4D 6K and have been having some issues with focus and calibration when it comes to E Mount lenses. I've cross referenced my Sony GM lenses with the ones DJI's site says are compatible with the 4D, however none of them are able to rack focus. Then when I try and calibrate them auto calibration always fails and I'm unable to manually calibrate as turning the focus wheels on the camera don't do anything and the focus meter on the right side stays at infinity. A source I reached out to for help says the reason is because my lenses don't have focus stops and only lenses with focus stops are compatible with the 4D's calibration. Is this true? Is there something else I'm missing? Any and all info is appreciated. I'm up to date on the latest firmware with the camera too if that info helps.

Thanks so much

Sam
2022-8-22
Use props
AnthonyMarkSaul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same issue with 3 GM lenses on E Mount on 4D. Keeps jumping to infinity. Useless Autofocus.
2023-8-8
Use props
thefilmguy102
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi Sam, have you found a solution?
1-11 01:31
Use props
fansc73009c8
lvl.2
Italy

I did a whole movie with sony 14mm G, 35mm G, and 25 mm G -  and all worked fine. after 3 weeks the automatic stop and then also the focus stopped working. as if the connection was lost between camera mount and lens. the 14 mm works still fine. please DJI guys respond!!!!
DJI native lenses still work perfect. but I need other lenses for minimum focus and stop 1.4
3-9 00:37
Use props
fansc73009c8
lvl.2
Italy

AnthonyMarkSaul Posted at 2023-8-8 05:28
Same issue with 3 GM lenses on E Mount on 4D. Keeps jumping to infinity. Useless Autofocus.

hi, I have the same problem, did you find a solution?
3-14 20:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules