Recent Update Disconnects Aircraft
1836 8 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Tried three times to get this update to install but, it keeps disconnecting from the Mavic Air2.  I am all up to date on Smart Controller,
and the craft except for this one.  Screen captures included.

First_Update_series.png
2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Something in that process disconnects the craft from the Smart Controller.  The craft and controller work splendidly together.
2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Bob. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the said firmware update via DJI Assistant 2? You may download the software using the link below and please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2022-8-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-22 21:21
Hi there, Bob. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the said firmware update via DJI Assistant 2? You may download the software using the link below and please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

Well Paladin, old buddy  I have DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drone on my computer, I followed all the directions as how to "upgrade" the software.  The screen in Assist2 showed that all was update, and it did NOT list the Japanese RID thing!  I re-read your answer, downloaded the DJI Assistant for Mavic, got it installed, (I kept the Consumer Drone Version installed on the computer as well), I started the Mavic Assistant program, when its window showed with the USB plug, I started the Mavic Air2, then immediately plugged the USB-C into the lower left side of the Mavic Air2, and the depiction on the computer screen showed the USB cable being plugged in.  After clicking the Mavic Air2 notation on the screen, it showed that the Firmware should be "upgraded."  I did that, and now appears well, but I have yet to fly it.  I will let you know how all goes, as I can.  Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.  **Note:  At no time during all this did the Assistant program list the "Japanese RID Program."???**
*Note added 8/23/2022 3:49PM PDST:
     Paladin:  I flew the Mavic Air2 and all is well.  However, now with the Firmware of 01.01.0920 the Smart Controller is back to starting in
the MID position, which on my SC is "N."  NO MATTER what position the Mode Switch is in.  *
2022-8-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin, as noted I flew the Mavic Air2 and all went well except for one difference.  I have just flown the Mini2, and all went well (had to link the Mini2), except for the same difference.
The difference is that with the other programing I had, when each craft was started and took-off they started in whatever position the Mode Switch was in, and the speeds were
much slower in the far-left position of the Mode Switch, and the speed was faster in the far right (S) position.  But still NO mention of the "Japanese RID" for either craft.
I DO appreciate your time and trouble.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules