Micro SD not recognized in Mini 3 Pro
22912 36 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phivestardave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14281 ft
United States

Hello everyone, I just purchased the Mini 3 Pro and it will not recognized that I have inserted a Micro SD card. I put it in (correctly, gold strips up) and it still says there's nothing inserted in the settings. However, if I insert the same SD card into the controller, it shows up in it's settings. I have tried reformatting it and it hasn't helped. Is it possible that the drone requires a higher tier card than the remote itself? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
2022-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What make of card is it? Can you post a photo of it?
2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific SD card are you using? In addition, please try the suggestion of Dirty Bird on post #3 and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-22
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Hopefully its not the card reader on the drone itself. Have you tried other cards to rule that out?
2022-8-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

unoriginal purchase or too slow
2022-8-23
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

from the manual

2022-8-23
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

I once had a similar problem with a SanDisk Extreme Pro, that I unsafely ejected on my iMac before. It was no longer recognized by both the Mini 3 and the iMac and I had to do a rescue (re-partition) and reformat.

Since then the card works fine again.

So ... is your card recognized in other devices?
2022-8-24
Use props
phivestardave
lvl.1
United States

I’ve included a picture of my latest SD card. I’ve tried 3 different ones… same result. It doesn’t recognize that there is a card in the drone. As I mentioned before, it works in the remote. I’ve tried the method mentioned above about inserting it in and out a few times, didn’t work. Should I format it in my pc somehow?
843ECAB1-DA8E-4063-9C3F-5CD010C511E7.jpeg
image.jpg
2022-8-24
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

phivestardave Posted at 8-24 12:08
I’ve included a picture of my latest SD card. I’ve tried 3 different ones… same result. It doesn’t recognize that there is a card in the drone. As I mentioned before, it works in the remote. I’ve tried the method mentioned above about inserting it in and out a few times, didn’t work. Should I format it in my pc somehow?

The SDCard is the right type. I would try reformatting it in your computer and see if that refreshes it. You may have removed it from some device and caused the storage to corrupt.
2022-8-24
Use props
SwaroopK
New
Flight distance : 7526 ft
India

Even i am facing the same issue. Tried everything but still the same issue. I first experienced the same problem when I bought it, but I subsequently discovered that the issue had been solved after a sequence of device powers-on. I turned on the aircraft first, then the RC controller. Now, though, it is not detecting even though I use the same sequence of  power-on procedure. Did anyone was able to fix this ??
2022-9-30
Use props
fanse79cb5be
lvl.1
United States

Same Card SanDisk Extreme 128 GB........Same Problem
2022-10-14
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

most of the cheap sandisk cards are fake!
buy from a trusted dealer
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_neEwqWvx3Uxp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 735430 ft
United States

Same issue.  I have used these cards with the Mavic 2 with no problems and with the Mini 3 Pro.   This was my 1st time using the DJI RC and a few strange things happened. The card filled up really quickly and now it's unreadable by both the drone and my computer.  I probably should have formatted it 1st as there were other items on it.   
Also not GPS when the RC was connected to my phone hotspot.  No directional info at all on the RC.
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_neEwqWvx3Uxp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 735430 ft
United States

Same issue.  I have used these cards with the Mavic 2 with no problems and with the Mini 3 Pro.   This was my 1st time using the DJI RC and a few strange things happened. The card filled up really quickly and now it's unreadable by both the drone and my computer.  I probably should have formatted it 1st as there were other items on it.  Any idea how to recover the data?  The same card that's posted.  
2022-10-16
Use props
Mat2022
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391532 ft
Italy

Ho avuto lo stesso problema , cambiando la SD ho risolto. Credo che in giro ci siano delle SD Fake , quelle comprate su Amazon mi funzionano tutte .
2022-10-27
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Maybe the memory card is not fully inserted?
I use: Kingston Canvas Go Plus 64Gb V30 A2
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_d7eZhxUi7mal
New
Flight distance : 125 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue, same card, new, From Argos
2022-12-3
Use props
phivestardave
lvl.1
United States

I wanted to come and update you guys or anyone else who stumbles across this thread. I tried several different SD cards and tried formatting numerous times. Nothing worked. I carried the drone back and got a replacement. The SD card worked perfectly in the replacement drone. I evidently had a faulty reader. If you have this issue, return and replace if that is an option for you.
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_d7eZhxUi7mal
New
Flight distance : 125 ft
United Kingdom

phivestardave Posted at 12-4 11:42
I wanted to come and update you guys or anyone else who stumbles across this thread. I tried several different SD cards and tried formatting numerous times. Nothing worked. I carried the drone back and got a replacement. The SD card worked perfectly in the replacement drone. I evidently had a faulty reader. If you have this issue, return and replace if that is an option for you.

Oh really! That's not good!
2022-12-5
Use props
djiuser_tX6b0RhMBXde
New

Saudi Arabia

I’ve included a picture of my latest SD card. I’ve tried 3 different ones… same result. It doesn’t recognize that there is a card in the drone. As I mentioned before, it works in the remote. I’ve tried the method mentioned above about inserting it in and out a few times, didn’t work. Should I format it in my pc somehow?[Image]

Dear
I found some people are confused between the SD card slot in the controller and the aircraft. Make sure the memory in the aircraft slot after proper formatting.

Regards
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_tX6b0RhMBXde
New

Saudi Arabia

I’ve included a picture of my latest SD card. I’ve tried 3 different ones… same result. It doesn’t recognize that there is a card in the drone. As I mentioned before, it works in the remote. I’ve tried the method mentioned above about inserting it in and out a few times, didn’t work. Should I format it in my pc somehow?[Image]

Dear
I found some people are confused between the SD card slot in the controller and the aircraft. Make sure the memory in the aircraft slot after proper formatting.

Regards
2022-12-7
Use props
djiuser_FAQ1QIKWa4Pi
New
United States

I’m having the same problem. I am using the Samsung 512 pro plus.
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_FAQ1QIKWa4Pi Posted at 4-14 11:27
I’m having the same problem. I am using the Samsung 512 pro plus.

Hi, there. Could you please try to use a support SD card for Mini 3 Pro and see if your problem can be resolved? You can check the below photo to get more info:
2023-4-14
Use props
jgrieves1gmail.com
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was struggling to get the sd card to stay in. Kept popping back out.
I have just read on youtube ....'take the battery out first'  So....battery out, long fingernail, push deep and voilà! Worked for me.
How you get it out is another matter.
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_6O5lCWLJQeKu
New

Australia

IMPORTANT NOTE
THE MICRO SD NEED TO BE IN THE DRONE NOT IN THE CONTROLLER.
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_J5TMY80BYKhv
New
Flight distance : 866778 ft
United States

djiuser_6O5lCWLJQeKu Posted at 5-15 06:47
IMPORTANT NOTE
THE MICRO SD NEED TO BE IN THE DRONE NOT IN THE CONTROLLER.

Thank you! God Bless you!!!!
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_QrkA79BiFggN
New

United States

I just found this forum but I am literally having the same issues. My drone has been to dji and they state nothing is wrong with it. It will not accept any recommended sd cards only one sd card that’s not even recommended a Sandisk 4gb is what it will actually run. I have multiple Sandisk extreme and ultra cards and it will not read any of them. I have tried to format all of them on a pc and have had no luck.
2023-6-30
Use props
Tjtolley
New
United States

Same issue here… new drone, new SIM card full of pics/vids. I plug the card into the controller and nothing comes up. Anyone have a solution? Frustrating…
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tjtolley Posted at 7-2 05:32
Same issue here… new drone, new SIM card full of pics/vids. I plug the card into the controller and nothing comes up. Anyone have a solution? Frustrating…

Hi there.  We do apologize for the inconvenience. After inserting the SD card into the DJI RC, slide down the screen and click on the SD Card prompt on the left to enter:

If there is no SD card prompt popping up on the left side of the screen or if you close the SD card prompt, you may enter through the following path:
Slide down the screen - settings - storage - internal shared storage - music and audio - audio files - select the SD card on the upper left to display the files on the SD card.

2023-7-9
Use props
Jan_FR_NL
New

France

Same issue, same 128 GB (fake ??) card.
My solution: put the card in the controller, switch on the controller, see if the card is working , maybe you have to format it in the controller from the menu (pull down from the top of the screen) but in my case the card was working allready.
Stop controller, remove the card from the controller and put it in the drone, remove the battery from the drone and slide it back in, start the drone, the drone will detect that there is a card inserted and recognize it. Start the controller and you will see there is about 3 Hours of estimated storage space available.  Click on this time indicator and you will see the GB details.
2023-7-16
Use props
orpheeokito
New

Canada

Thought I I had the same issue but everything was fine! INSERT CARD INTO THE DRONE...NOT in the controller!!
2023-8-17
Use props
dj-b
lvl.1

Northern Mariana Islands

I had the same problem not being able to read my microSD card from the Mini 3 in my computer. I am on an M2 Mac.  When I would plug in my reader, something would briefly flash on the screen but I was unable to read it.

Solution: Under Privacy & Security I found a setting asking "Allow accessories to connect?"   I set it to Allow always when unlocked.   That solved it.

2023-8-28
Use props
Ken Palmer
New

United Kingdom

You do have to format the SD cards in the drone and the handset
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_GfK2sjfmXSnG
New

Australia

I have had the same issue with my DJI mini 3 but I used a micro sd disk that was old so I did some reasurch and found that it only supports disks that are a Sutton class or higher. I hope I was able to help
2023-12-26
Use props
djiuser_elY2LBq36hDD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85748 ft
Italy

I bought a pair of Samsung EVO card and they works very well in all the devices
2023-12-30
Use props
Garry Fancy
lvl.1

Canada

I have same problem with mini 3, controller, tried everything. Any suggestions?
1-16 04:05
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Garry Fancy Posted at 1-16 04:05
I have same problem with mini 3, controller, tried everything. Any suggestions?

Hi, there. Thank you for your reaching out. May I confirm the exact model of the SD card and if you tested a different one? For SD Card recommendations, you may refer to the image below. I hope to hear from you soon.

1-19 02:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules