Rail to trail
878 8 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AeroNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

These images are from an industrial/office park area south of Seattle. Here is a description from the TrailLink (Rails to Trails Conservancy) website: The Interurban Trail (South) connects several towns south of Seattle along the historic route of the Puget Sound Electric Railway. The trolley ran between Tacoma and Seattle from 1902 to 1928, falling victim to the growing popularity of cars and trucks and the construction of State Route 99. The 19.1-mile trail runs nearly straight and flat for 15.8 miles from its beginning in the north near Fort Dent Park, and connects the towns of Tukwila, Kent, Auburn, Algona, and Pacific, making it popular with commuting bicyclists.
The rail line on the east side of the trail is an active freight line, but my timing was off and I didn't capture an actual train (sorry, Montfrooij, maybe next time).

Enjoy.

Northward

Northward

Southward

Southward

2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Splendid images.  There's never a train when you want one
2022-8-22
Use props
ElleKN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

well done - thanks for sharing
2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These trains some to operate by stealth these days,  always so hard to catch one.  
2022-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shots!   Easy to see why it would be popular with bicyclists.  
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AeroNW. Good day and thank you for posting these beautiful aerial videos that you have captured. Nice shot and have a nice day. .
2022-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shots. I do see some in the second shot. That would have been a nice location to capture (judging from a distance)
2022-8-29
Use props
AeroNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 8-29 23:32
Nice shots. I do see some in the second shot. That would have been a nice location to capture (judging from a distance)

The timing may improve, I will have to visit the site at least a few more times over the next month or 2.
2022-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AeroNW Posted at 9-1 15:33
The timing may improve, I will have to visit the site at least a few more times over the next month or 2.

I'll be here waiting
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules