Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wobbly footage
4083 7 2022-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7cPJZlxzhTqm
lvl.2
United States

I’m coming from the Ronin S and I feel like the footage taken with the Ronin S is way smoother than the RS3 Pro. I’m getting a lot of wobble on the RS3 pro. And it’s pretty much unusable in flashlight mode. What am I doing wrong? I’m using the same camera. Everything is balanced perfectly.
2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to double confirm, the video recording by using the RS 3 Pro also looks shaky, right? Please confirm which axis has the vibration. Please also try the suggestions below:
1. Ensure that the knobs on the gimbal are tightened. Check whether the connectors are obstructed by foreign objects.
3. Please go to the Ronin app and enter Auto-Tune. There are three tuning aggressiveness profiles so you can adjust the stiffness value: High, Mid, and Low.
After Auto-Tune, you can see a detailed motor diagnosis at the bottom of the page. If the gimbal is properly balanced, the power value of the motors should be in the range of ±5. If the power consumption on a particular axis constantly goes beyond the range, balance the gimbal again.
4. It is recommended that the user mount the lens support if it is not used.
Please keep us updated on the result. A video of the issue would be highly appreciated.
2022-8-30
Use props
NoSpHieL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2094314 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have the same issue with my RS3...

I use the Sony A7III + Tamron 28-70mm f/2.8 G2
But I noticed the same issue also with the Zeiss 16-35mm f/4
And all other lenses actually...

I'm used to use gimbal and it is perfectly balanced, with lens support and it does the same in normal and supersmooth mode...
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_7cPJZlxzhTqm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-30 04:20
Hi there, just to double confirm, the video recording by using the RS 3 Pro also looks shaky, right? Please confirm which axis has the vibration. Please also try the suggestions below:
1. Ensure that the knobs on the gimbal are tightened. Check whether the connectors are obstructed by foreign objects.
3. Please go to the Ronin app and enter Auto-Tune. There are three tuning aggressiveness profiles so you can adjust the stiffness value: High, Mid, and Low.

After tightening the knobs the gimbal does appear to be smoother than before. But it’s still really hard to get a smooth shot while using flashlight mode. I’ll continue to test it out some more.
Thanks.
2022-9-2
Use props
kevinmodularmediagroup.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693360 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too! It is frustrating to get the attention of DJI. I bought the rs3 brand new and right out of the box, I have wobble. I am not  a new user of gimbals and I have balanced the camera perfectly. I auto tuned the hell out of it too. and yet, wobble.... WTF man?
2022-9-5
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

kevinmodularmediagroup.com Posted at 9-5 18:20
Me too! It is frustrating to get the attention of DJI. I bought the rs3 brand new and right out of the box, I have wobble. I am not  a new user of gimbals and I have balanced the camera perfectly. I auto tuned the hell out of it too. and yet, wobble.... WTF man?

Same here... I had to replace it with my Crane 2 in a job.
2022-11-3
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

yeah me too. my Ronin-M was awesome, the Ronin S was pretty good especially in the DJI ring, but then the RS2 was the first with wobble, and now my RS3 Pro wobbles... plus I cannot balance the roll axis on the RS2 or RS3 and have the camera sit in any position. C70 or R5C
I also feel there is too much play in the pan head, like 1-2mm movement when switched off, and a little less in the roll head area.
I've just changed my settings from slow to fast on the app, and its a bit stronger, but still yesterday had the wobble. its so enjoying as stabilising in Resolve or Premium Pro doesn't get rid of it.
2023-6-21
Use props
djiuser_tAOxia9v7P6n
New

Australia

Same issue here - using the RS3 Mini with a Sony ZVE10 and just wobbles all over the place even after the balance test comes up "Excellent" for all three axes. I'm getting a refund from the retailerI bought this from. Total waste of time.
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules