Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Radio Caroline 648 AM

Radio Caroline is a British radio station founded in 1964 by Ronan O'Rahilly and Alan Crawford initially to circumvent the record companies' control of popular music broadcasting in the United Kingdom and the BBC's radio broadcasting monopoly.  Unlicensed by any government for most of its early life, it was a pirate radio station that never became illegal as such due to operating outside any national jurisdiction, although after the Marine Offences Act (1967) it became illegal for a British subject to associate with it.

More to come once Ive done some editing.  

Taken with the Mavic 2 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-8-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And the worse 360 Pano I have ever taken.

2022-8-22
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea not sure on the sphere, but the first shot is nice..
2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 8-23 00:12
Yea not sure on the sphere, but the first shot is nice..

Cheers FPVin,   I did say its the worse pano Ive taken.  
2022-8-23
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 00:27
Cheers FPVin,   I did say its the worse pano Ive taken.

By no means negative, just wondering why.  Blue Skys

2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FPVin Posted at 8-23 01:00
By no means negative, just wondering why.  Blue Skys

Probably exposure shifts between the shots
2022-8-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Great top down. Awesome color contrasts. You must have had incredible changeable lighting on the Pano
2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-23 01:28
Great top down. Awesome color contrasts.  You must have had incredible changeable lighting on the Pano

Cheers Bussty.  I had limited battery and was rushing to get some shots what I should have done was set manual exposure.   I also feel rusty with the go4 app.
2022-8-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 01:37
Cheers Bussty.  I had limited battery and was rushing to get some shots what I should have done was set manual exposure.   I also feel rusty with the go4 app.

There are so many things to remember let alone using an older drone and different app!  Muscle memory for a starter   Add to that low battery and time pressure no wonder result wasn't optimum! Is good advice about using manual exposure on those panos   
2022-8-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome top down shot DA.      Quite the history behind that radio station and its location.  
2022-8-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, the one and only   Great top-down shot.
2022-8-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 23:27

Good content, but I see what you mean about the stitching. Surely not with the Mini3Pro.
2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-23 04:47
Ah, the one and only   Great top-down shot.

Yes Mr B.  I heard it had moved offshore close by so I had to make the effort to get out there. Sadly it was a little spur of the moment and I only had two Mavic 2 batteries charged.   And on windy days M2P is my go to for offshore windy flights.  
2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-23 04:48
Good content, but I see what you mean about the stitching. Surely not with the Mini3Pro.

No. That was the Mavic 2 pro.  I was rushing a bit and didn’t set manual exposure.    I’m rusty with the go4 app.  
2022-8-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 05:11
Yes Mr B.  I heard it had moved offshore close by so I had to make the effort to get out there. Sadly it was a little spur of the moment and I only had two Mavic 2 batteries charged.   And on windy days M2P is my go to for offshore windy flights.

Similar philosophy here. Mini3Pro when it's calm - Mavic2Z when the wind is up.
2022-8-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 05:12
No. That was the Mavic 2 pro.  I was rushing a bit and didn’t set manual exposure.    I’m rusty with the go4 app.

Yes, your previous reply answered my question
2022-8-23
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Interesting story!
2022-8-23
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-22 23:27

Cool shots, DA, thanks for sharing. Is it anchored somewhere nearby?
2022-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-23 02:26
Awesome top down shot DA.      Quite the history behind that radio station and its location.

Thanks DT,   its very well known in the UK,  especially among the older generation.
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-23 05:24
Similar philosophy here. Mini3Pro when it's calm - Mavic2Z when the wind is up.

Just had to go out and do a coupe of Mini3 test flights after an incident yesterday,    I was trying to get some moody evening shot of the castle when the drone disconnected from the remote,  no biggie,  wait for RTH to happen and a moment later it would normally reconnect,  this time it didnt.   I still had compass data but no telemetry or video.   I waited and waited and nothing,   So it appeared the drone was just hovering and not RTH which is not the setup,  so I thought I need to go to the drone.   I packed my bag and hurried off in its direction waving the remote in the air as I went,   I got a distance up the path and the drone flew over my head but still not connection.   I hurried back to the take off point to find it was hovering,  probably because I took off from a wall and it won't land itself on a small target.   But still not connection.   I rebooted the controller.  Nothing,    in the end I had to scramble along a bank on the other side of the wall and grab the drone out of the air and flip to stop.   I rebooted both the drone and the controller again and still no connection,  the only way I got them to connect again was to go through the pairing process.

At least the drone did what it was supposed to do.
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-23 05:25
Yes, your previous reply answered my question

oh good.   
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 8-23 06:00
Interesting story!

Cheers Depp.   
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AeroNW Posted at 8-23 18:28
Cool shots, DA, thanks for sharing. Is it anchored somewhere nearby?

Its about 40 miles from me,  but as it happened I had to take the MIL to an eye test and she lives about 9 miles from it.
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-23 02:04
There are so many things to remember let alone using an older drone and different app!  Muscle memory for a starter   Add to that low battery and time pressure no wonder result wasn't optimum! Is good advice about using manual exposure on those panos

Absolutely Bussty.   I need to fly it more often,  its been getting a bit neglected since the Mini3 arrived on the scene.
2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 00:57
Just had to go out and do a coupe of Mini3 test flights after an incident yesterday,    I was trying to get some moody evening shot of the castle when the drone disconnected from the remote,  no biggie,  wait for RTH to happen and a moment later it would normally reconnect,  this time it didnt.   I still had compass data but no telemetry or video.   I waited and waited and nothing,   So it appeared the drone was just hovering and not RTH which is not the setup,  so I thought I need to go to the drone.   I packed my bag and hurried off in its direction waving the remote in the air as I went,   I got a distance up the path and the drone flew over my head but still not connection.   I hurried back to the take off point to find it was hovering,  probably because I took off from a wall and it won't land itself on a small target.   But still not connection.   I rebooted the controller.  Nothing,    in the end I had to scramble along a bank on the other side of the wall and grab the drone out of the air and flip to stop.   I rebooted both the drone and the controller again and still no connection,  the only way I got them to connect again was to go through the pairing process.

That's rather worrying.  I await your follow-up with baited breath
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-23 04:47
Ah, the one and only   Great top-down shot.

Cheers Mr B,  It was rude not to pay it a visit.  
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-24 01:24
That's rather worrying.  I await your follow-up with baited breath

After repairing I went back to the same spot to see if I could recreate the issue and it was fine,   The main thing is to make sure RTH is set as the action on disconnect and have faith in it working which it did.

On a side note,  it appears the plus battery gives better signal than the normal battery.  Something I feel the need to test again.
2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 01:24
Cheers Mr B,  It was rude not to pay it a visit.

2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 01:27
After repairing I went back to the same spot to see if I could recreate the issue and it was fine,   The main thing is to make sure RTH is set as the action on disconnect and have faith in it working which it did.

On a side note,  it appears the plus battery gives better signal than the normal battery.  Something I feel the need to test again.

Glad to hear something positive came out of it
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-24 01:30
Glad to hear something positive came out of it

Just waiting for the batteries to charge so I can head out for high tide,  another 4m one so probably not much happening but you never know.
2022-8-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 00:57
Just had to go out and do a coupe of Mini3 test flights after an incident yesterday,    I was trying to get some moody evening shot of the castle when the drone disconnected from the remote,  no biggie,  wait for RTH to happen and a moment later it would normally reconnect,  this time it didnt.   I still had compass data but no telemetry or video.   I waited and waited and nothing,   So it appeared the drone was just hovering and not RTH which is not the setup,  so I thought I need to go to the drone.   I packed my bag and hurried off in its direction waving the remote in the air as I went,   I got a distance up the path and the drone flew over my head but still not connection.   I hurried back to the take off point to find it was hovering,  probably because I took off from a wall and it won't land itself on a small target.   But still not connection.   I rebooted the controller.  Nothing,    in the end I had to scramble along a bank on the other side of the wall and grab the drone out of the air and flip to stop.   I rebooted both the drone and the controller again and still no connection,  the only way I got them to connect again was to go through the pairing process.

Flip that is a scary story! Had something similar happen with a dronelink app and my Mini 1 but in those days if less than 20 metres the drone would just land. The drone was flying over my roof line about 30m up. I tried turning off the controller and on again and after a short boot up I had control again. Was a horrible feeling watching the drone start to descend with no control on to a pitched roof!  Glad you had a happy ending . Watched a video of the Scottish guy and his Mavic 2 Lassie. He had somehow left his disconnect on Hover and thought it was RTH. His drone was way out and lost connection he just thought it would return home, he finally worked it out but the battery was low and it auto landed. He finally found it using find my drone, but his video made it look like it was a gonner...

Look forward to hearing it's fine and I bet you are screen recording every flight for a while??

Good luck
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-24 02:24
Flip that is a scary story! Had something similar happen with a dronelink app and my Mini 1 but in those days if less than 20 metres the drone would just land. The drone was flying over my roof line about 30m up. I tried turning off the controller and on again and after a short boot up I had control again. Was a horrible feeling watching the drone start to descend with no control on to a pitched roof!  Glad you had a happy ending . Watched a video of the Scottish guy and his Mavic 2 Lassie. He had somehow left his disconnect on Hover and thought it was RTH. His drone was way out and lost connection he just thought it would return home, he finally worked it out but the battery was low and it auto landed. He finally found it using find my drone, but his video made it look like it was a gonner...

Look forward to hearing it's fine and I bet you are screen recording every flight for a while??

Flown a few flights since and so far so good.  I don’t scream record as it seems cause more problems.
2022-8-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 03:04
Flown a few flights since and so far so good.  I don’t scream record as it seems cause more problems.

Yes I did wonder about that, I never do either. Fingers crossed!
2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 01:51
Just waiting for the batteries to charge so I can head out for high tide,  another 4m one so probably not much happening but you never know.

Visitors all day today.
2022-8-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 00:53
Thanks DT,   its very well known in the UK,  especially among the older generation.

You're very welcome DA.    I found a couple of very interesting reads on the internet about Radio Caroline.  
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-24 03:44
Visitors all day today.

Well thats your own fault for inviting them round.    I just passed a bit of a milestone,   post in the products section.
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-24 03:16
Yes I did wonder about that, I never do either. Fingers crossed!

Scream record,   now thats a great auto correct.
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-24 03:51
You're very welcome DA.    I found a couple of very interesting reads on the internet about Radio Caroline.

Yes,  it has quite the history, when I got wind where it currently was and that I was going to be near by I jut had to go down and find it.     Being a big red ship it didnt take much finding,  although I did take the wrong footpath at first.
To give you some idea,  our O/S maps mark footpaths with green dashes,  there is a large network of them and they mostly run through or around open land and farmers fields.  

IMG_6648.jpg
2022-8-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-24 05:07
Well thats your own fault for inviting them round.    I just passed a bit of a milestone,   post in the products section.

Daughter No2, grandson to daughter No1, and more arrtivals for tea. No chance for the drones today
2022-8-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules