Hand Grips
543 8 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darealiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1146001 ft
Antigua and Barbuda

Noob question, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.  Is there a diagram showing how to run the straps in the handgrip band?  I can't seem to get it to work without physically tying it.  

Handgrip

Handgrip
2022-8-23
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I just feed the end of the strap back through the slot it last came from, leaving a small loop. My plan had been to roll up a tiny piece of black adhesive tape, put it into the loop and pull it tight but the loop seems to do the job of preventing the strap slipping on its own. I have taken pictures but uploading them seems a bit hit or miss, so I hope words suffice.
EDIT: The pictures came through (twice, oddly, with a mind of their own) but after I looked at them, it occurred to me that I could have looped the end of the strap the other way, still through the same slot but behind the metal buckle thing and thus conceal the end of the strap. I tried it and it feels more secure if anything. No amount of effort on my part can get the strap to slip and it looks better IMO.

2022-8-23
Use props
darealiss
lvl.2
Antigua and Barbuda

TooDeep Posted at 8-23 09:05
I just feed the end of the strap back through the slot it last came from, leaving a small loop. My plan had been to roll up a tiny piece of black adhesive tape, put it into the loop and pull it tight but the loop seems to do the job of preventing the strap slipping on its own. I have taken pictures but uploading them seems a bit hit or miss, so I hope words suffice.
EDIT: The pictures came through (twice, oddly, with a mind of their own) but after I looked at them, it occurred to me that I could have looped the end of the strap the other way, still through the same slot but behind the metal buckle thing and thus conceal the end of the strap. I tried it and it feels more secure if anything. No amount of effort on my part can get the strap to slip and it looks better IMO.

Thanks for this.  I'm going to adjust mine based on the photos
2022-8-23
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TooDeep Posted at 8-23 09:05
I just feed the end of the strap back through the slot it last came from, leaving a small loop. My plan had been to roll up a tiny piece of black adhesive tape, put it into the loop and pull it tight but the loop seems to do the job of preventing the strap slipping on its own. I have taken pictures but uploading them seems a bit hit or miss, so I hope words suffice.
EDIT: The pictures came through (twice, oddly, with a mind of their own) but after I looked at them, it occurred to me that I could have looped the end of the strap the other way, still through the same slot but behind the metal buckle thing and thus conceal the end of the strap. I tried it and it feels more secure if anything. No amount of effort on my part can get the strap to slip and it looks better IMO.

Here is my new idea. The arrow points to the loop, which is now behind and back into the 'buckle'. I can't get the strap to slip but if you're planning on swinging the 4D or remote monitor around your head by the straps, maybe insert something in the loop like I originally planned.

Coincidentally, I got a call from my retailer today to alert me that they have the accessory handles in stock, so mine should arrive for use on my monitor tomorrow.

Better than before and totally secure

Better than before and totally secure
2022-8-23
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

darealiss Posted at 8-23 09:33
Thanks for this.  I'm going to adjust mine based on the photos

Great! Let me know if you're happy. . . . wait, Antigua and Barbuda? Yeah, you're happy.
2022-8-23
Use props
darealiss
lvl.2
Antigua and Barbuda

TooDeep Posted at 8-23 09:46
Great! Let me know if you're happy. . . . wait, Antigua and Barbuda? Yeah, you're happy.

hahaha...i'm happy when i want to go to the beach but sad when i need to buy anything
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experience with the help of our fellow DJI member. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-24
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

darealiss Posted at 8-23 12:12
hahaha...i'm happy when i want to go to the beach but sad when i need to buy anything

Just for information, I received my extra grips last week and the straps are twice as thick as on the grips which came with my camera. They don't slip, which is just as well because they are too thick to fit back through the buckle. I'm guessing more recent purchasers of the 4D have got the revised grips and, if they read this thread, might be wondering what in the world was the issue!
2022-8-30
Use props
rone4d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 830564 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm the new grips have thicker fabric,

Here is my solution - I can't rember what I did as it's a while ago

2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced