1234Next >
8080 140 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

Hi pilots,
A couple of days back, after flying in an urban area with minimal range, I thought I should try switching the transmission mode to Manual to check if I can get better range. My drone was already connected to RC on Auto mode when I clicked Manual mode in the Transmission option. And then clicked on one of the channels (dBm/MHz). And that's it. My drone lost connection with RC and never connected back. I contacted the product service agent and he asked me to try a few things which failed and asked me to send back the drone and RC for repair or replacement. I tried everything possible with no luck. We are going on a trip this Thursday and were so excited to take our first drone with us but now we are so disappointed.

I hope DJI Technical team sees this thread and fixes this software bug.

Good luck to everyone. Enjoy flying.
2022-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the Mini SE work with any DJI Assistant software?  Would a refresh be possible?
2022-8-23
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 8-23 09:19
Does the Mini SE work with any DJI Assistant software?  Would a refresh be possible?

Hi Tony. It does show up on DJI Assistant but can't see the software version details or downgrade/refresh option. It only shows the option to backup the log, which I tried backing up but doesn't do anything after that.

I also connected the RC with my wife's Pixel 4XL. I can click on Auto transmission option but the drone doesn't connect. On the other hand, my iphone 7 plus doesn't allow me to click on Auto option. It's grayed out.

My drone is completely bricked. I feel like kicking my butt for clicking on Manual when I knew that we are going on a trip tomorrow.

Anyways, I'll try to keep this behind and enjoy my trip with my DSLR and wifey's DJI Pocket 2.

Have a great day!
2022-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gaurav_k Posted at 8-23 14:24
Hi Tony. It does show up on DJI Assistant but can't see the software version details or downgrade/refresh option. It only shows the option to backup the log, which I tried backing up but doesn't do anything after that.

I also connected the RC with my wife's Pixel 4XL. I can click on Auto transmission option but the drone doesn't connect. On the other hand, my iphone 7 plus doesn't allow me to click on Auto option. It's grayed out.

Oh man, that sucks and would make me a touch upset.  Well, make the best of the trip anyways.

Seems like human nature to want to explore and understand menu options, and nobody could have predicted this would be the outcome.  
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Gaurav. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I will forward this to our designated team for attention. Again, we do apologize for the trouble. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_eVcOfcrKrsQs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476 ft
Russia

DJI it is for this reason that a lot of drones fall off, please release a corrective firmware for the drone, we are waiting...
2022-8-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We would like to confirm that have you changed to another open field without any signal interference and obstruction to check again?
2022-8-24
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-24 03:22
Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. We would like to confirm that have you changed to another open field without any signal interference and obstruction to check again?

I get no signals.
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_eVcOfcrKrsQs
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-24 03:22

The fact is that the drone does not switch to pairing mode...
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_E8njVLKmceiq
New
Bangladesh

So i also bought my new mini se i flew it a few times and also was getting connection issues so i switched to manual i libe in south Asia and my drone was bought from walmart in new jersey , this is really outrageous i used my savings for this drone since i dont have a job and i was so excited ,i could also bring my drone to 6 or 7 trips ,now i am sending it back to the us tomorrow pls tell me how i can get it replaced ,also there is no warning or information about switching to manual mode and this is a big problem with the sofware,i wouldn’t wanna pay lots of my money just to get a product fixed ,i would pay if it was my fault but how is it?pls reply . Asap
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_E8njVLKmceiq
New
Bangladesh

2022-8-24
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_E8njVLKmceiq Posted at 8-24 08:37
So i also bought my new mini se i flew it a few times and also was getting connection issues so i switched to manual i libe in south Asia and my drone was bought from walmart in new jersey , this is really outrageous i used my savings for this drone since i dont have a job and i was so excited ,i could also bring my drone to 6 or 7 trips ,now i am sending it back to the us tomorrow pls tell me how i can get it replaced ,also there is no warning or information about switching to manual mode and this is a big problem with the sofware,i wouldn’t wanna pay lots of my money just to get a product fixed ,i would pay if it was my fault but how is it?pls reply . Asap

I was told it will be covered under warranty and will be repaired / replaced after they check the drone.
2022-8-24
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_E8njVLKmceiq Posted at 8-24 08:37

Also, could you please add your new thread with your story about the drone getting bricked. We want DJI software team to know about this issue so that they can fix it in the next firmware update. And also want other pilots to know about this issue so that they don't get stuck on a bricked drone in situations like us.

Thanks,
2022-8-24
Use props
Pocho35 AR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84170 ft
Argentina

Hello, something similar happened to me with a mini 1 and I bought an SE (I hope it doesn't happen again) and I have seen that many This problem has happened to them, the mini 1 doesn't connect with Asistan 2 either, so it would be impossible to update the firmware, I've been waiting for a solution for a long time, but it doesn't appear, I thought the SE wouldn't have this error, but it seems I was wrong. For my next Drone, I will think of another brand.... Cheers
2022-8-24
Use props
Shorse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162238 ft
United States

Pocho35 AR Posted at 8-24 16:37
Hello, something similar happened to me with a mini 1 and I bought an SE (I hope it doesn't happen again) and I have seen that many This problem has happened to them, the mini 1 doesn't connect with Asistan 2 either, so it would be impossible to update the firmware, I've been waiting for a solution for a long time, but it doesn't appear, I thought the SE wouldn't have this error, but it seems I was wrong. For my next Drone, I will think of another brand.... Cheers

They need to fix this, its ridiculous
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks for your reply. May we know how the status indicators showed when the aircraft and remote controller are turned on? To cross check the issue, you may also test on another drone or remote controller if you have a spare one. If your drone still can not pair with the drone after trying all the steps, we may suggest you send the remote controller and aircraft together back.
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_JClcSzF3KKVX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23904 ft
United Kingdom

This thread is most interesting and I'm wondering if I had the same issue.  My mini SE was working fine and I brought it back, landed it, switched to manual (2.4 GHz channel) and it connected fine then flew fine for another 25 mins.  Packed it away and the next day when I powered it up it failed to connect.  I ended up phoning support and as it was only a month old which after failed attempts by the support guy's to pair it, it was returned back to dJi with the controller.    The repair report was that the controller was fine but there was a fault on the motherboard.  Judging by the shrink wrapped device sent back it appears to be an new drone.   Clearly this may be a co-incidence but beginning to wonder if its a bug in the firmware stopping it connect back up if its set to manual on powerdown.  I only have the 1 drone so don't really want to try this again in case it happens again.  Should be easy enough for DJI to test though.  Does anyone on here keep there Mini SE set all the time to manual with one of the 2.4GHz chanels selected and you don't have any issues ?
2022-8-26
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-26 04:17
Thanks for your reply. May we know how the status indicators showed when the aircraft and remote controller are turned on? To cross check the issue, you may also test on another drone or remote controller if you have a spare one. If your drone still can not pair with the drone after trying all the steps,  we may suggest you send the remote controller and aircraft together back.

Drone indicator was blinking yellow rapidly. I've sent the drone and remote back for repair/replacement.
2022-8-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hope it all gets resolved in your favor Gaurav.  
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

gaurav_k Posted at 8-29 01:00
Drone indicator was blinking yellow rapidly. I've sent the drone and remote back for repair/replacement.

Thanks for your reply. If you have any questions during this period, please let us know.
2022-9-1
Use props
yakhadzhiev
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-1 03:29
Thanks for your reply. If you have any questions during this period, please let us know.

Please tell me, did the developers understand this problem? I just have a new drone lying idle, when will there be a solution? how should we deal with this problem? there are many of us(
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

yakhadzhiev Posted at 9-1 05:41
Please tell me, did the developers understand this problem? I just have a new drone lying idle, when will there be a solution? how should we deal with this problem? there are many of us(

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have more details?
2022-9-2
Use props
yakhadzhiev
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-2 04:13
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we have more details?

Hi pilots,
A couple of days back, after flying in an urban area with minimal range, I thought I should try switching the transmission mode to Manual to check if I can get better range. My drone was already connected to RC on Auto mode when I clicked Manual mode in the Transmission option. And then clicked on one of the channels (dBm/MHz). And that's it. My drone lost connection with RC and never connected back. I contacted the product service agent and he asked me to try a few things which failed and asked me to send back the drone and RC for repair or replacement. I tried everything possible with no luck. We are going on a trip this Thursday and were so excited to take our first drone with us but now we are so disappointed.

I hope DJI Technical team sees this thread and fixes this software bug.

Good luck to everyone. Enjoy flying.
2022-9-4
Use props
LordStelvio
lvl.1

Italy

Same situation. New mavic mini se , bought 2 week ago with 5 hours of flight. Yellow led, impossibile to connect after last 2,4 ghz manual flight. Dji assistant2 doesn't find the drone for re-upload the firmware.
2022-9-4
Use props
yakhadzhiev
lvl.1
Russia

LordStelvio Posted at 9-4 12:16
Same situation. New mavic mini se , bought 2 week ago with 5 hours of flight. Yellow led, impossibile to connect after last 2,4 ghz manual flight. Dji assistant2 doesn't find the drone for re-upload the firmware.

try with this program, but it still won't work - https://www.dji.com/ru/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
2022-9-4
Use props
LordStelvio
lvl.1

Italy

don't work because the program is not for the mavic mini se.
2022-9-4
Use props
yakhadzhiev
lvl.1
Russia

LordStelvio Posted at 9-4 13:06
don't work because the program is not for the mavic mini se.

Everything works, you are not doing everything with the right program, but even if it is possible to flash, it will not help, I tried

22222.jpg
2022-9-5
Use props
gaurav_k
lvl.1
Australia

Guys, hope you are all doing well. And many thanks for giving your valuable suggestions and support. I've received a replacement drone and remote under warranty.
However, I'm still getting alerts such as "RC not connected" and "Poor Connection" beyond 30-40 meters. To add, I'm still flying in the urban area and haven't tried the outskirts of the city. I'm not going to switch to Manual transmission no matter what.

We had a nice trip to Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia without having a drone with us, though missing out on capturing whales from the drone's point of view. But got some really cool landscape shots with my DSLR. Moving forward, we are again going on a trip to Cape Woolamai, Victoria after a couple of weekends (Australian Footy League Final Long weekend) and I'm excited to try out this drone in an interference-free zone. If I still do not get enough range I'll need to think further to return this drone OR upgrade one step up.

Stay safe and Enjoy flying.

Cheers.

2022-9-10
Use props
peixotobinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26171 ft
Brazil

After changing the channel to manual the drone lost connection with the remote control. It is flashing yellow. An aircraft not found error appears, and no satellite or wi-fi connection appears. I tried other phones with android and ios but without success. I did the procedures that DJI asked and it didn't work. I downgraded firmware and it didn't work. I need a solution, I have no guarantee in my country.
2022-10-18
Use props
Kartike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26211 ft
India

Hi All,

I am from India, and I had bought DJI Mini SE from Netherlands few weeks back! Last week when I was on a trip, I also tried changing transmission from auto to manual, and my drone stopped connecting to RC.
Now, when I contacted DJI Technical support, they have clearly said no to help me in this regard, which is kind of their Software bug! This is very frustrating! Why would someone purchase if there is no after sales service for their own ...!

Anyone, please help how we may proceed with fixing this masterpiece which is now just dead.

Regards,
Kartike
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_zU8UAqoLfbbV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51030 ft
Indonesia

Hello All,
I also have the same problem. Changed it to manual signal mode and the drone disconnected at some point. It never reconnected. Updated the firmware on both the drone and RC but it still will not reconnect. Was there ever a fix for this issue?
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_crnPYaYrP7Jk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5299 ft
United States

Hi Everyone, newbie here. I found this thread that began about 5 months ago but I can tell you the problem still exists today, Jan 5 2023.  Had my mini SE about a week with everything working well.  I changed from 'Auto' to 'Manual' just to become familar with the software and how it works.   Drone continued to fly well but next day when I went to fly it again, it would not connect.   

I upgraded firmware in both controller and the mini SE.  Removed the memory card.  Fully charged the batteries.  Deleted and re-installed the DJI Fly app.   I tried a different phone.  Nothing worked.  When I click on 'Auto' it would flash momentarily but go right back to 'Manual.'  

I speaking with DJI support they did not have a clue and said to send it back for evaluation.  Fortunately, I bought it on Amazon so I'm returning to Amazon and getting a replacement.  I'm actually going for the Mini 2 this time.  I think it's a bug in the 'Transmission' software but that's just an uneducated guess.

Bottom line it seems DJI is not interested in resolving this and it seems to have been a problem for several months.   
2023-1-5
Use props
Sam_Bell
lvl.2
Japan

djiuser_crnPYaYrP7Jk Posted at 1-5 09:20
Hi Everyone, newbie here. I found this thread that began about 5 months ago but I can tell you the problem still exists today, Jan 5 2023.  Had my mini SE about a week with everything working well.  I changed from 'Auto' to 'Manual' just to become familar with the software and how it works.   Drone continued to fly well but next day when I went to fly it again, it would not connect.   

I upgraded firmware in both controller and the mini SE.  Removed the memory card.  Fully charged the batteries.  Deleted and re-installed the DJI Fly app.   I tried a different phone.  Nothing worked.  When I click on 'Auto' it would flash momentarily but go right back to 'Manual.'  

I agree with all of your points. Also it seems to be reported by a lot of the models. You would think this would be resolved fast.
2023-1-10
Use props
TBlaine27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70669 ft
United States

I purchased a new DJI Mini SE, changed to manual mode yesterday and now I am in the same situation as many here. Mini SE will not pair to the controller, and the LED is flashing yellow rapidly. Contacted DJI support and they are starting the repair / return process. This is unbelievable. How has DJI not addressed this issue?!
2023-1-12
Use props
Sam_Bell
lvl.2
Japan

TBlaine27 Posted at 1-12 10:08
I purchased a new DJI Mini SE, changed to manual mode yesterday and now I am in the same situation as many here. Mini SE will not pair to the controller, and the LED is flashing yellow rapidly. Contacted DJI support and they are starting the repair / return process. This is unbelievable. How has DJI not addressed this issue?!

I totally agree. You would think testing manual mode would be part of the testing process for a new firmware. It is all models of the DJI mavic mini too.
2023-1-14
Use props
LawrenceF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68822 ft
United States

Ditto.  When I first purchased my drone I was really close to manually changing that setting and saw one of these threads and fortunately didn't.

After spending $300 as a brand new DJI customer, I would have been extremely angry, and my opinion of the company would have taken a steep nosedive.

They need to fix that immediately, or disable that function until they do.
2023-1-15
Use props
Sam_Bell
lvl.2
Japan

LawrenceF Posted at 1-15 05:06
Ditto.  When I first purchased my drone I was really close to manually changing that setting and saw one of these threads and fortunately didn't.

After spending $300 as a brand new DJI customer, I would have been extremely angry, and my opinion of the company would have taken a steep nosedive.

So far no update in months. I would hope it would be fixed in the next firmware update, but fingers crossed that this point.
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4
lvl.1

United States

I recently bought a new mini SE last week (1/28/2023) and your issue is still present with switching to manual mode. Being sent back to Amazon today. Please get this corrected asap or remove this option from your device.
2023-1-31
Use props
Sam_Bell
lvl.2
Japan

djiuser_PfCo3yFHeWO4 Posted at 1-31 18:15
I recently bought a new mini SE last week (1/28/2023) and your issue is still present with switching to manual mode. Being sent back to Amazon today. Please get this corrected asap or remove this option from your device.

Still waiting for an update or response from DJI. This impacts a lot of people. I really hope it gets fixed soon.
2023-2-4
Use props
Sam_Bell
lvl.2
Japan

Hello DJI,
Is there any update on this issue?
2023-2-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced