2084 6 2014-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can any of the DJI peeps that have beta production units of the Inspire 1 advise if the gps issue when recording has been resolved?
I cannot tell you how frustrated as a consumer to know that my Phantom vision plus drops satellites when recording video, and the only resolution I see is taking it apart to modify myself WHAT? or send a brand new unit back for repair with one flight.
2014-12-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire has as much to do with the Phantom as the A2 has to do with the Naza 1.  They are totally different systems and not to be confused.  The Inspire uses the Lightbridge system the Phantom uses wifi with an extender.  I cannot go out 1.9k with the P2V+ while with the Inspire is is not an issue.  
2014-12-2
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for the info Tahoe Ed.

2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2014-12-3 11:22

Hi Sir,
1,Inspire 1 equipped different flight controller and transfer system. Inspire 1 don't have such issue

2,From your description,We think the problem may caused by GPS module.Because of this we keep your case in mind.And a free charge of entirely  check and analyze is necessary for our friend.

Please provide your location info and our colleagues would contact you soon
Any info you need please feel free to contact:
xinghao.zhu@dji.com
2014-12-3
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

kp.iwsltd@shaw. Posted at 2014-12-3 11:22

Add Email address:
xinghao.zhu@dji.com

Waiting for your feedback
2014-12-3
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

i had a fly away with my p-2 that ended up in water..dji sent me an e mail that said it was not repairable and i needed to replace it". that was only a few months ago. i did not replace it as i had not paid my credit card even one payment yet.
  later we took apart a newer unit and found there is now shielding etc. to reduce noise. we took an older vision and did the aluminum foil backed with paper as a shield. it now has more satellites available when the camera is turned on.
   the inspire is a totally new unit and besides,they dealt with the issue with the phantoms as well. the newer phantoms are a big improvement. the newer products are much improved and i would trust them to fly well and not have fly away issues.
i just am sorry that i got the answer i did from dii when it was a known issue apparently.
  if you need info on how to mod what you have let me know. it is quite easy.
2014-12-17
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2014-12-18 12:51
i had a fly away with my p-2 that ended up in water..dji sent me an e mail that said it was not repa ...

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated.
Thats really too bad about the fly away, i have since ordered an Inspire 1 and anxciously await its arrival.
I recently did a modification based on advice on the forum it did increase satellite count but still drops at least two when recording video.
Where would one find aluminum foil with paper? Some kind of electronics store?
Thanks
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules