DJI MIC Gain Staging for iphone
1489 4 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user10123
lvl.1

United States

Hello,I'm new to microphones and audio stuff. Is there a good gain setting for my receiver/transmitter when I'm using an iphone to record? Or should I just set my receiver to 0 and whatever for my transmitter as long as it remains in the green zone?
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that our fellow DJI members here could provide you with the best suggestion about the settings of your DJI Mic. We will also coordinate this with our designated team and provide you with relevant information once we receive an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-24
Use props
user10123
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-24 00:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that our fellow DJI members here could provide you with the best suggestion about the settings of your DJI Mic. We will also coordinate this with our designated team and provide you with relevant information once we receive an update. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks! I'll wait for yalls response
2022-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

user10123 Posted at 8-24 14:47
Thanks! I'll wait for yalls response

You're welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-8-31
Use props
Turtle49
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67024 ft
United States

This guy has a pretty good video on how to play with these settings. I ended up turning off the "low pass" as it was causing distortion when recording outside. I left the transmitter and receiver gain at 0db. And in my editing software raised the gain to +5db.
But I could have easily raised the gain in my transmitter to the +5db as well. Test out multiple configurations to see what works best!
2023-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules