I'm done with dji
1111 18 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

I'm finally done with dji and their geofencing and terrible software. I sold my mini2 and picked up an Autel and I couldn't be happier.
Good luck to you all (you'll need it).
Thanks for all the fish.
2022-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
2022-8-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

which autel drones have you purchased?
2022-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tried the other guys a few times and keep coming back to DJI.  Good luck with your flying in any event.
2022-8-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bye Bye
2022-8-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Good luck with Autel and their non existent customer support and very very poor upgrade QC checks. I owned and returned 3 Autel Lite+, a Nano plus and an Eco 2 Pro. Very good drones but poor updates  which caused more issues then bug fixes. When you try and get hold of Autel, you will be very lucky to even get a response from them. So many I know have returned their Autel drones and came back to Dji. Hey, it does not hurt to try the dark side but you will soon see the Light when you need their customer service for any warranty claims.
2022-8-23
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

For the few who have asked and remained civil
Thank you. I picked up a Nano Plus and it's great. I already took it to the 2 places that dji wouldn't let me fly, even though the FAA said it was in no way geofenced. Guess what? It flew
To the FANBOYS
geebax- I won't, if the door was designed by dji it won't work anyways.
suren  - where do I begin:
Poor upgrades?  dji will always be king when it comes to this: Every "upgrade" causes more problems then the last. It runs on old phones but not on new phones. Autel runs on just about any phone.
Get a response: On this forum unless you're drinking their kool-aid they never reply with anything but a canned response. I tried contacting them twice and never recieved a reply.
When will FANBOYS realize it's YOU who is allowing them to produce defective software. Good luck with that and Keep defending them comrade.
Let's see how long it takes for them to take this down, like my last post that criticized them.
Best of luck to the truly caring.
2022-8-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I have never been a fanboy of any brand, but my experience so far shows DJI being far better than Autel - I had EVO 2 Pro - A great product But with some design flows and even more SW problems never fixed... Recently I tried nano + for my daughter's school event on the next day I filmed with Mini 3 - which is so much better ... So I'll always be open to other options but did not found one yet!
2022-8-24
Use props
Droningalex Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

GTS 350 Posted at 8-24 12:39
For the few who have asked and remained civil
Thank you. I picked up a Nano Plus and it's great. I already took it to the 2 places that dji wouldn't let me fly, even though the FAA said it was in no way geofenced. Guess what? It flew
To the FANBOYS

Why don't you just hack the drone and remove all the no fly zones if it bothers you so much.
It's 40 bucks, cheap;)
2022-8-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

fwiw i have 2 autel drones, the evo 2 pro and nano+ and they have been almost perfect.  i have had zero issues but i haven't need to call and ask for help either.  maybe i'm lucky or most likely, it's because i don't fly them alot with maybe 20 flights on the evo and 10 flights on the nano.  i see lots of issues over at the autel forum....but i don't have any of them; go figure.

to be fair, i have zero dji geofencing problems so that's not the reason for autel.  but the evo 2 pro had the best drone camera on the planet 2 years ago....the nano+ launched when there was no mini3pro.
2022-8-24
Use props
CC Photography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1635459 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also not a fanboy of any drone company, but I'll tell you, Autel end of life's there drone too soon. I have one of their drones, the Evo sitting on a shelf because I can't get parts for it.
Also, the apps they put out are very buggy. If you find one that works on your phone, keep using it, don't upgrade. I loved the Evo until I couldn't fly it any more. But I love my Air 2S better.
2022-8-26
Use props
OutsiderArt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 952818 ft

Poland

dji it's not that bad, a bit of customer understanding is lacking. have to work on the app! because the equipment itself is great
2022-8-26
Use props
fans632df037
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

DJI Support had improved so much over the years. I was really mad at their  customer service for years. now there snapping out of it
and starting to realize that we need help and fixes, give them time they will fix it. I will always have Just DJI ! :-)
2022-8-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you never need support from Autel, it's NON EXISTENT!
2022-8-28
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755669 ft
Germany

I am really happy with the customer service of DJI. Can't really complain about it. And the software is fine for me needs. so I hope that you get lucky with other companies. Good luck!
2022-8-28
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-23 20:28
I have tried the other guys a few times and keep coming back to DJI.  Good luck with your flying in any event.

I had a few non-DJI drones before I got my first Mini-2, but after that, I've never looked back. I haven't seen a non-DJI drone that I want to buy since then.

DJI Fly works great, IMNSHO. Could it be better? Sure, but I have no complaints.

The GEO fencing, and general nannyism, are certainly annoying, but they haven't kept me from doing anything that I seriously want to do.

Good luck!

TCS
2022-8-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

HI have had good and bad from DJI support - mostly good.  When I have a problem with something that I post in here, the answers I get back are good well meant
replies.  I do not fault the Moderators, Stephen, Paladin, Natalia and others because, they can only answer with the information that is available to them.  It would help them
with a little more attention on how we post the problems, being as specific as we can.  Just my opinion.
2022-8-29
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Oh good another Mini2 post in the air2s forum.
2022-8-29
Use props
HUFFDAWG
lvl.1
United States

I hear ya brother. WORST TECH SUPPORT EVER!!!! Highly disappointing that such a great product has such terrible tech support
2022-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules