Does your Mini 2 sound better in reverse?
1096 11 2022-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

It might be because of turbulence on the front edge, or because I've smashed my drone and epoxied one arm, but my drone sounds much better in reverse and even going sideways, than it does going forwards. I notice that when going in reverse in sport mode, I only attain 13m/s, so there may be more resistance going backwards, which could make the propellers work differently. I tried flying with the gimbal protector on, and it still doesn't sound good going forwards.

Unfortunately, you can probably only hear the noises well, at night, when it's quiet and windless.

2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps your due a prop replacement.  
2022-8-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does it matter whether the direction of travel is towards you or away from you?
It might be an idea to post a photo of the drone and the arm repair, I have bought a repaired Mavic Mini, with a glued up arm, (for parts)  and the arm wasn't even correctly aligned.
2022-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Since the drone has already experienced a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-8-24
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-24 18:20
Does it matter whether the direction of travel is towards you or away from you?
It might be an idea to post a photo of the drone and the arm repair, I have bought a repaired Mavic Mini, with a glued up arm, (for parts)  and the arm wasn't even correctly aligned.

https://dronesgator.com/when-to-replace-drone-propellers/

I notice that when I fling it around in sport mode, the sound is more harmonized. Also when it climbs, the sound is harmonized. But going forward direction, towards or away from me, it's likely to have a fizz, or lisp noise.

From pictures you can see an asymmetry in the prop angle, because I didn't want to force it too hard back into position, to close the crack, because the bottom might break. The JB Weld epoxy has hardened quite OK. I tested the Bondic UV glue, and it didn't look good enough.

It's not really important, just interesting to know if your drones had a lisp, when going forward.
2022-8-24
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Perhaps taking the stickers of may make a difference?
The front one seems a bit loose on the left side and perhaps that gives some sound effects?

Just guessing here
2022-8-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

everything is fine in my case i did not spot a differance
2022-8-27
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

fateofangel Posted at 8-27 12:16
everything is fine in my case i did not spot a differance

Thanks for the effort.
2022-8-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is less air resistance going in reverse. That is because the rear is sharper and narrower because of the camera on the front. I am a big fan of returning to home in reverse because of that.
2022-8-27
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I have suspected this, but I don't know how to prove it. It certainly sounds good, and you can keep the camera on where you just went. I just sent it out on a 3.5km trip and needed all the help I could get. I put it in RTH mode and thought all would be good, but I'm noticing that gimbal doesnt work properly in RTH mode. It cocks up, when going sideways, and the RTH has to be paused. So, I might as well just go backwards.
2022-8-27
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I have decided that the noise created by the drone was because of a differently-functioning front motor. But the drone is now dead. After pulling it out of the dam and playing with the motors, I noticed that the motor on the broken and epoxied arm had a different, loose, step-feel to it. The other motors are more harsh, magnetically. This motor must have been struggling for some reason I cannot really figure. It doesnt seem misaligned. Could explain why I got variable speeds in sport mode.
2022-11-10
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

Zoooom Posted at 11-10 17:38
I have decided that the noise created by the drone was because of a differently-functioning front motor. But the drone is now dead. After pulling it out of the dam and playing with the motors, I noticed that the motor on the broken and epoxied arm had a different, loose, step-feel to it. The other motors are more harsh, magnetically. This motor must have been struggling for some reason I cannot really figure. It doesnt seem misaligned. Could explain why I got variable speeds in sport mode.

There are a series of very small magnets around the inner edge of the motor.  They are glue in place.  If you lose a few, then the motor will still work but won't have as much power, will be unbalanced, and will feel smoother when you manually rotate it.
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules